We just returned last night from a fantastic vacation at the Melia. We were very nervous just before we left because of so many negative reviews. We had gone back and forth on between this resort and a Beeches. The fact that it was half the price ultimately determined that we would go to Melia and that PV weather is always sunny.
The 5 star review is based on a family vacation with young children, the fact that this is a 3.5/4 star resort and we paid that. I did not expect perfection as we did NOT pay the same as we would have for a Beeches resort in Jamica.
As soon as we arrived (only 5 mins from the airport which was amazing) we were warmly greeted our room was ready (1pm) and we had done a Kids and Co room with bunk beds. There was a sand pail, shovels, Baby wash, Baby cream, toothbrushes, kids toothpaste and suntan lotion! Evening cookies and a mainly stocked fridge (not always consistent but we didn't need it to be) The only issue with our room was that the hall light did not work and the drain in sink. I spoke to the front desk and it was fixed within an hour! the room was 1108 and overlooked the chess game. It was a bit loud at night but the entertainment in the lobby is finished by midnight. We kept the AC on and it was great. The kids were so tired at night they slept right through it. Some people did comment on the smells, we did experience this 3 days but only in the AM for some reason and just in the bathroom. It was always gone within a few hours. The first day it was like oh great just like the reviews but it was gone by the time we got back from the pool.
If we were to do it again we may not stay in the Kids and Co room just because it only comes with 2 double beds and my husband and I are tall. The 2 year old ended up in our bed everynight as he was unsure of the bunkbed. My 6 year old loved it.
We did not experience any pressure at all for timeshare/vacation club. Although we did meet people who saw the suites and said they were amazing. Also on the beach the vendors are not pushy at all a simple no thank you is fine. Speaking of the beach, again this is PV so the beach is not like white sand and there are a lot of waves. It is small but hardly anyone uses it so not sure why people complained about it you could have the whole beach to yourself.
Food- again this is a 3.5/4 star resort so the food is not the same as a very high end resort with the food. Breakfast and Lunch have a very very good selection. I found it funny that people are complaining in reviews about "hiding bacon" Seriously it was always full beside the Omelette station. Bacon and Eggs... they go together. Sylvia that works at the egg station was a JOY she was always smiling and knew I like egg white omelettes. We found the evening dinners to be okay. Nothing too special other then the Mexican night by the ocean it was fun and entertaining and very good food. The Italian dinner was very good. We didn't upgrade to wine bottles but we were totally okay with there being an upcharge. Most resorts I have been too (over 10 in Mexico) if you want a good bottle of wine would have an upcharge. Same with Lobster. Seriously for what you paid for this vacation, I don't think that Lobster that may be wasted would be on the menu! Although I did celebrate my 40th bithday there and they had a cake made and sparkling wine at no charge. Very nice. WARNING- if you have a Peanut allergy make sure that you talk to the chefs and they will make sure that you are okay. There is a Doctor onsite if needed.
Only recommendation if you have children is to grab a few bannanas or oranges at breakfast and have for your beach bag as there is very limited fruit for the remainder of the day.
The Pool is fantastic for kids, fantastic one side has an 8 inch ledge that little ones can play on all day in the water. Our 6 year old really enjoyed the Kids club leaders in there are great with kids. Our 2 year old only used it twice, we actually picked the resort based on the bam bam club that would take him as we wanted a family vacation but also a bit of relaxation. However, we found he was great with us by the pool. He napped at the kids club a few days and we got to read.
Benjamin and Angel at the pool served us all week and were always friendly. Weither they were tipped or not. At one point I went to tip Angel and he said no your husband already did! Class act.
Activities crew- the evening entertainment is AMAZING. Truly fantastic quality shows. These young men and women are unbelievable and work long hard days. The circus evening was equivalent to a mini Cirque Du Soliel. Well done Melia crew. Some of the best night entertaiment I have every seen in Mexico. They were great with the kids before hand as well and did a mini disco for them. They enjoyed it so much.
Overall, we found this to be a great resort for what what we paid. We would certainly come back with family and friends again. T
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta