My husband and I stayed at the Melia for a week in a timeshare room and were very very satisfied with everything at the hotel - from the food in the restaurants (fantastic!) to the massage to the room. We do not have a single complaint. Our room was a studio and ample for the 2 of us - it even had a jacuzzi tub on the patio. We mostly ate at the individual restaurants and loved each meal. We avoided the regular buffets as having stayed at other timeshares with the same menu we found Melia's to be the same cookie cutter buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinners. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained - this is a resort that also caters to children and has a Flintstone playground just for them. I would not hesitate to stay here again, ever.
I highly recommend taking a taxi to/from the hotel-- it's just a 5-10 min. drive but I think well worth the additional cost. The fare back to the airport is much cheaper than leaving from the airport. The distance is really walkable but with a bag it might be a bit much if you're not familiar with the area.
While there we took a bus downtown for shopping and a trip to Walmart for some basic supplies. We also took the 'tequilla factory/downtown tour/Jardin Eden Tour" and had lunch in Eden - the food & drinks were all very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Melia Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Melia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Melia Vacation Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta