Well, being that I only stayed one night because my flight to San Francisco had been cancelled, the airline put us in this hotel. After checking in, we went to our rooms on the third floor. One of the elevators was not working. The rooms didn't LOOK too bad. I then called the lobby to ask for Internet code, the receptionist let me know that there was an additional charge for it. I told her that as an all inclusive hotel, Internet should be included and that I was there due to the airline putting us there, and that I wasn't there out of pleasure and the least they could do was provide us with free Internet. She then had a rude tone and said that's what we offer here so if you Internet, you have to pay for it. It was a little frustrating for me because I needed Internet to communicate to family/friends about our flight cancellation. So, I had to spend most of the evening in the lobby emailing, which I would've rather have spent the time relaxing in my room after a long and hurried day at the airport, after all it was only for one night. I have always stayed at all inclusive resorts that included Internet, 24 hr room service and any open bar so I wasn't use to this. Anyway, dinner at the buffet was ok, but later I craved a nice cup of coffee and I saw a coffee bar behind the lobby, only to find out they charge for that too! Ridiculous! Throughout the night, I felt like I had some kind of bug crawling on me so I was constantly swatting myself. In the morning when I woke, I could still feel like bugs were crawling on me, as I looked on the white sheet, I saw some kind of bug that could've been a flea. Later I saw that I had bug bites on my feet! Ouch! They itched like crazy! What's worst is I thing I smuggled some in my suitcase because when I arrived home, I put on a pair of socks that were in my suitcase and now I have more bites on my feet, one on my neck and one on my chest. My brother who stayed in another room said he saw fleas on the walls in his room, my mom who stayed in a third room said she saw a trail of bugs, she couldn't tell if they real small ants or spiders along the top of the dresser. As we were leaving our rooms to check out at the lobby, we saw a cockroach in the hallway, we were all so grossed out! In conclusion, my one night stay at Melia resort has been a bad experience that followed me all the way home! I would never stay there again, even if they paid me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meliá Puerto Vallarta is a paradise for families and couples, where there is something for everyone and where everything is included. A wide variety of snacks and meals, domestic and imported drinks and recreational activities for all ages, spectacular evening shows performed by professional dancers, with a different program every night, and swimming pool with children's section and 2 whirlpool. The Flintstones have found the perfect place for their holidays: they are staying with your family in one of our first theme hotels: Yabba-Dabba-Doo bazaar, Roca Flash, RocAdventure, Baby Rock Club, Bamm Bamm Club and Cool Club. Let yourself be surprised! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Melia, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sol Melia Puerto Vallarta