“Run!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #85 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
California
“Run!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This third world hotel was so bad that even though we were staying here for FREE via a friends timeshare, we checked out and booked a room at the Westin Hotel. The pictures are very deceiving, pool doesn't exist as they portray. Rooms are substandard, grounds are ok. Most of the communal use computers are broken, I think I've said enough. Stay at your own risk.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a week at Krystal Vallarta. We used a recent LivingSocial deal for an all-inclusive stay. We were assigned an ocean view room on the 4th floor. They initially gave us a room with 2 doubles, but quickly changed it upon our request. The hotel itself is older, but otherwise clean and met our needs. Room service cleans daily and provides extra bottled water, which we appreciated. The wet bar is locked unfortunately, so you won't have access to a fridge. Staff here was friendly and quite helpful.

The location is great! The hotel is close to the airport, right on the beach and close to restaurants. The boardwalk is a 5 dollar cab ride. Cabanas are free and the beach was never crowded. Krystal has three pools, one being an infinity pool.

The concierge is knowledgeable about the area, but tried to up-sell the expensive excursion company in the area. We researched excursion companies in advance and had booked before arrival. Do your homework if you're trying to get your best deal.

The all-inclusive package stated it included all meals and beverages (including alcohol). There were 5 restaurants with this hotel. We were asked to schedule reservations in advance, which were odd, because none were every busy. The food was good but not extraordinary.The buffet is open for all three meals. There were standard stations and a grill station with varying things (eggs, meats, etc).

We were told that room service didn't apply, so we presented our concern to the front desk. They followed up and we ended up receiving our room service. Additionally, we were told that their beach dinner, Bogart's on the Beach, wasn't included in their all-inclusive plan. After raising this concern to the front desk, we did receive this meal. I would recommend scheduling this! We had a private table set up on the beach and received a romantic, three-course meal. I would recommend that you know what is included in all-inclusive packages upon booking. While the hotel staff quickly provided our requests, we shouldn't have had to fight for something that was included in the first place.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and would recommend Krystal resorts in the future!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

One of the best things about this resort is the location. It's just a short cab ride from the airport and walking distance to many shops and restaurants. if you walk out of the resort and turn left you'll hit a few restaurants including an Outback (just be careful crossing the road! Seriously, it's not was easy as it looks considering the traffic pattern on this strip). If you leave the resort and head right you'll hit another little division of shops including a Starbucks, for those of us who just can't do without). The resort has a very open feel to it. It's not particularly glamorous - but a good choice if you're just looking for a place to lay your head. The biggest tip I can give you is to request a room in the newer tower closest to the beach. When we arrived they placed us in a room, closer to the lobby, that was very outdated. The rooms in the newer tower are much nicer, newer - we felt like we were in a totally different resort once they moved us! Staff is nice enough and there's a great little restaurant near one of the pools that's worth a try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have a great time in a private condo, two rooms, in side off the H Crystal, Full Hotel Services, Full Kitchen and great spaces, could be rent by days, week, monthly or year, capacity for 10p. The best location in town just 5m to the international airport, walking to all ( Mall, Movies, Market, etc )
If you need more information contact me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
krystalconcierge, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Guest:

I am so glad to hear you had a great time staying at Krystal Puerto Vallarta. I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences you lived and enjoyed during your stay with us, I am delighted to read your positives comments,.
Thank you again for allowing us being your host and we hope to have the opportunity in a near future to provide you one more time with the excellence in service we are known for.

Please let me know if you´re planning you next vacation, It´ll be a pleasure to have you back in this beautiful resort.

Cordially

Bárbara Gamerdinger.
Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My Girlfriend and I just got back about a week ago from a week at Krystal! We had an absolute blast the entire time we were there! We have a time share there and it was the first time in Puerto Vallarta. After reading many reviews before getting to the resort, we were unsure of what to expect but we weren't going to let that get us thinking twice. After arriving and a quick check in to our room we were off to ask questions and get things figured out. The entire staff was quick to help us out and give us all the pointers we needed! First thing we did was head to the store a block down the street and grabbed some food and of course alcohol!! After stocking our fridge we enjoyed the beach and pools. The resort itself is very clean and looks neat with the brick and stone pathways throughout the resort! I would suggest that anyone coming to this resort just get out on the city and enjoy the town! It is very safe down in Puerto Vallarta and I would recommend going out to eat every night at a different restaurant on the Malacon' (board walk). It is a $5 taxi down there and there are so many things to do down there! I will totally be telling my friends and family about this and bringing them down there. Its peaceful and feels like home to us! Best Advice: If you are looking for a nice clean and relaxing resort for a great price, I would come to Krystal! If you would prefer people holding your hand and wiping your rear end, than make sure to book elsewhere!!

Room Tip: We had a great room and it was very clean! We also met people there and were able to look inside the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I thank you for have chosen Krystal Puerto Vallarta to spend your vacation, I also appreciate the time you took to let us know your important comments. We delighted to read your positives comments, all of them are very important for us.
We really appreciate the opportunity to you bring to all of us even when you read the comments. We were sure that the Krystal hotel is one of the beautifully places that México can bring to our visitors
One of the best satisfactions in the hospitality industry is to learn from guests we made you feel special and we exceeded your expectations, our unique goal is to create great stories that will remain in your mind forever.
All of us here at Krystal Puerto Vallarta look forward to pampering you again in the warm and sunny shores of Puerto Vallarta.

Cordially.
Bárbara Gamerdinger C
Maitre de Lobby.
Monterrey, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Too loud...weddings are allowed till 2am so if you want to relax try another place. Rooms are old and basically no where to park. The security at the entrance is good but sometimes too strict. If you forgot something by any chance they will probably not let you back in.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:
On behalf of the entire Krystal Puerto Vallarta Staff. I thank you for taking the time to share your review, your feedback is very important for us.
Your observations have been taken into consideration and improvements have been achieved in the areas you mentioned. Thank you for helping us render a better service.
I lament that we were not able to exceed your expectations.
We all will be very grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back and present you the significant improvements made due to the valuable suggestions addressed.
Cordially.
Bárbara Gamerdinger C.
Maitre de Lobby.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This is the 3rd time we have stayed at the villas the staff are fantastic we have a time share here and I do question if the krystal intends to knock the villas down and build high rise apartments or hotel. The villas and the. Private pools are not being maintained at all. I question if its safe for the kids to go into the private pools with all the debris I witnessed.
I am just waiting to check out as I type this review. We were not impressed and would not be surprised at all if the timeshare people lose out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Albert Abrit :

I lament that we were not able to exceed your expectations. I was very much concerned by your review and disappointment faced during your stay.
I do want to ensure you that all your comments were followed up in order to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.

Been to Krystal Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!