I traveled to PV for a week in June as part of a mission trip. The hotel was selected because of price and an all-inclusive option for meals. Given the nature of our trip, I was very pleased, but my rating is based on staying here for a vacation. The staff was the best part of the hotel, as they were pleasant, spoke English, and were always helpful. The check-in/check-out was efficient and the bellman very helpful. There is a large pool area, although due to the shallow depth, the water was pretty warm. They have a nice beach area, with thatched umbrellas and chairs. The buffet food was good, but became routine after a week. They always had a special entree that was cooked to order and very good: waffles, pancakes and eggs for breakfast; taco bar, and pasta with fresh vegetables for dinner. The all-inclusive includes beer, wine, and limited mixed drinks. Just don't expect top shelf liquor or wine. Our first room (even number) had the afternoon sun, and even with the shades drawn, the AC couldn't keep up. Our toilet didn't work, and after two tries at fixing it, they moved us to a pool-view (odd number) room. This had shade in the afternoon, and the AC had no problem keeping the room comfortable. You will have a mini-fridge in the room, but don't expect it to make anything cold, only mildly cooled. Ice was plentiful at the end of the hallways. The room was clean and neat, although the bathroom looked old and had the typical layers of thick caulk to seal the tub. We did have great water pressure. Overall, if you're on a budget, this is a nice place to stay. It's only a 50 peso cab ride to the downtown and the Malecon.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a wonderful view to Banderas Bay, one of the best beaches in Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by friends who will make your stay unforgettable. We have 220 recently renovated standard rooms, each of them with a wonderful sea-view and a private balcony. It is located just a few minutes away from the airport and downtown, near shopping malls such as Caracol, Peninsula and Galerias Vallarta. Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Choose between our European or All-Inclusive Plans. In our a la Carte Restaurants, Piaceres, Italian Mediterranean Cuisine, Mariaches, Mexican Cuisine or Guacamaya s Buffet Restaurant, quality in service is our distinguished feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.