When we arrived at this resort our first impression was good, clean well kept grounds, lobby updated and clean. We were taken up to our room and although we are not much for complaining this room was terrible, the furniture had rips and tears in it, the patio doors would not close and it was very dirty and outdated. We went to the front desk and without hesitation Dalia sent us with a guy to check out 2 other rooms, we settled on a 17th floor room, it was ok, had a great view and was quite a bit cleaner and updated.
Like most of the reviews say, the staff here are outstanding, everyone is super friendly and helpful, no complaints there. There is not a lot of selection however for food, there is 1 buffet and 2 a la cartes, which alternate days so only 1 a la carte open per night. The food is pretty good, always fresh and warm with lots of fruits and veggies but not much selection. Breakfast is great but for the rest of the day we actually went into PV a couple times to eat because we got pretty tired of the same old thing every day here.
This is a fairly quiet resort, however the resort next door has loud music blaring over a muffled speaker system, and at night there is a carnival/midway behind the resort, not sure if its there year round but we had to crank up the fan at night to drown out the noise.
So this resort has its good(staff, location(close to airport, downtown, mall, supermarket), nice beach, clean lobby and facilities), and its bads (outdated rooms, same food all week, loud).
The worst part though about this resort is that the vendors and sales people are RELENTLESS, the salespeople have a booth right at the elevators and also in the lobby, every trip to and from your room you have to pass them and they NEVER quit, I know the vendors are only trying to make a living but there is no restrictions on them here, they pester you when resting on the beach, trying to swim and even while eating at the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a wonderful view to Banderas Bay, one of the best beaches in Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by friends who will make your stay unforgettable. We have 220 recently renovated standard rooms, each of them with a wonderful sea-view and a private balcony. It is located just a few minutes away from the airport and downtown, near shopping malls such as Caracol, Peninsula and Galerias Vallarta. Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Choose between our European or All-Inclusive Plans. In our a la Carte Restaurants, Piaceres, Italian Mediterranean Cuisine, Mariaches, Mexican Cuisine or Guacamaya s Buffet Restaurant, quality in service is our distinguished feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Mexico