This is our 7th year staying at the Holiday Inn--6th year staying in a Sea River Tower condo. We like this area of Puerto Vallarta very much. We arrange our stay with Cherie Verber @ Very Vallarta.
This year we stayed in #1537--what a great view is had by any rooms located on the 12th floor to the 18th floor. We do not do the all inclusive--so we grocery shop at Sariano, Wal-Mart or Sam's Club during our two week stay. Because this condo is owned by an individual, you do not go to the front desk for help. There is another office, located in lower level, behind front desk area, that you go to with questions and/or problems. They are very helpful! This condo had 2 small queen beds, a nice living area and kitchen. The one problem in this kitchen--you don't get hot water most of the time. The full size refrigerator, microwave, stove top and toaster oven where used for many meals during our visit. Maid service, on this unit, is done weekly. The patio is wonderful to enjoy the early morning sun and the gorgeous sunsets!! We would sit on the deck in the morning, enjoy our breakfast and quite often, watch the whales swim out to the ocean! Yes, you will see whales, manta rays and dolphins from your patio as well as on the beach!
As for the rest of the Holiday Inn--as a condo resident, you have full access to all of the hotel facilities. You will get a 15% card when you check in that can be used for food & drink sold on site. We generally do not go to any of the hotel restaurants --we choose to enjoy all of the many places to eat on the Malecon or around the town of Puerto Vallarta. Although, many friends do and have had good reviews of what is offered. As for the beach--if you want to avoid the vendors--do not sit on the beach! They are all very friendly and will not bother you if you ignore them. The beach is big and great for walking. You can either relax all day or partake in the many events that the Hospitality crew has going on all day long. I like the water aerobics class that is held at noon every day. There is also a workout center--had some new equipment this year--you need a room card to enter--Unit #1537 uses a key--so we could only get into the workout area if someone else was inside. You can go to front desk for assistance.
The Holiday Inn is a little older--but very clean & friendly and has very good employees. I would not recommend exchanging your American/Canadian money for pesos here--low rates. Go out the hotel and head left on the main street to Peninsula Center and there are two banks--use the ATM--best rates. I also went to the Scotia Bank--brought my passport--and got money from my credit card!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a wonderful view to Banderas Bay, one of the best beaches in Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by friends who will make your stay unforgettable. We have 220 recently renovated standard rooms, each of them with a wonderful sea-view and a private balcony. It is located just a few minutes away from the airport and downtown, near shopping malls such as Caracol, Peninsula and Galerias Vallarta. Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Choose between our European or All-Inclusive Plans. In our a la Carte Restaurants, Piaceres, Italian Mediterranean Cuisine, Mariaches, Mexican Cuisine or Guacamaya s Buffet Restaurant, quality in service is our distinguished feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Mexico