Our Stay - - January 4-11, 2013
The Holiday Inn is an older property that is located on a very nice part of the beach. While the rooms are showing their age and repairs, we had a very good stay! We stayed in a room overlooking the pool area and had a partial view of the beach.
This affordable hotel is an all inclusive and while some reviews bash the quality of the food, we found it to be very good and plentiful. If you want 5 Michelin star quality food, this isn't it! But we never had a meal at the buffet that we couldn't find something good to eat.
The only downside was the really spotty wireless internet. But, we were on vacation!
The hotel staff is very, very good! They are friendly, efficient and are happy to give advice, directions or just chat. We really enjoyed the staff!
The beach has a lot of vendors who were polite and funny and were never pushy.
We did some great whale watching with Alberto, the captain of a small boat who took my wife and I out for 2 hours of whale watching and 1 hour of snorkeling at The Arches for only $50 each! He speaks very good English and had a real knack for finding the whales and following them. Other boats followed his lead as to where the whales would pop up next! (So much so that when we headed for the Arches, two boats followed us thinking we were still following the whales!) Alberto also does fishing charters. You supply your own water and food, if you wish, and either bring your own snorkeling equipment or he will provide it for you.
The Holiday Inn is a cheap cab ride into the downtown area or to other shopping.
All in all, a really good stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a wonderful view to Banderas Bay, one of the best beaches in Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by friends who will make your stay unforgettable. We have 220 recently renovated standard rooms, each of them with a wonderful sea-view and a private balcony. It is located just a few minutes away from the airport and downtown, near shopping malls such as Caracol, Peninsula and Galerias Vallarta. Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Choose between our European or All-Inclusive Plans. In our a la Carte Restaurants, Piaceres, Italian Mediterranean Cuisine, Mariaches, Mexican Cuisine or Guacamaya s Buffet Restaurant, quality in service is our distinguished feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Mexico