We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort in Puerto Vallarta Nov 17-24th, 2012 all-inclusive. Weather was fantastic with hot 30-35C temps (almost 40C including the humidity) and 20-25C at night. Our room was nice with 2 double beds on the 8th floor. Request a room with an odd number and that will put you with an ocean/pool view. The even #’d rooms face giant buildings next door and would only have partial ocean views. Rooms are equipped with a digital safe and fridge. The buffet food was average at best and we hoped to get by on the fresh food stations, but there was only an omelet station in the mornings & burger/hotdogs station at lunch. We took full advantage of the a la carte dinners that rotate Italian & Mexican. The food & service quality is exceptional and cost is only tipping. We tipped 15-20% of the meal price off the menu (150-200 pesos = $12-16) each night. My family thoroughly enjoyed the a la carte experience so we were grateful for the fine food and service. The a la carte dinners need to be booked the day before at the concierge from 10am-2pm. We made sure to get down to the pool area early each day and secured our selected chairs & umbrella along the sea wall near the beach volleyball court. This was the perfect vantage point 5 feet above the beach where we could observe vendors, volleyball, and ocean activities. Beach is absolutely huge! Next time we go to Mexico I will investigate their holidays as Tues Nov 20th was Revolution Day long weekend. Puerto Vallarta (and Holiday Inn Resort) was packed with a youth soccer tournament that filled the hotel and pool to the gills! The soccer tournament ended on Sunday/Monday and the resort cleared out to almost no body. We watched the Revolution Day parade on the downtown Malacon from the 'Cheeky Monkey' restaurant balcony. This restaurant is a must stop for $1 Margaritas & $1 bottled Coronas as well as loaded nachos and Brooklyn meat pizza. We had 11 drinks, 2 juices for kids, nachos & pizza for 342 pesos ($28). Cab ride to downtown is only 50 pesos (bus is 32 pesos for 4 people) one way. Wal-Mart/Sam's Club & Galleries of Vallarta Mall is a 40 peso one-way taxi ride. Resort pool is huge with swim up bar and scheduled activities throughout day & night (Freddie & Sugar Ray). Resort is very clean inside and out and close proximity to airport and downtown. We only went out on one tour….. the Pirate Ship Cruise that includes breakfast, pirate show, snorkeling, banana boat rides and beach excursion. Our 11 & 9 year old loved it as did we. Try to work a deal for the tour as we got ours from our tour operator for a discount and both children free (this could have been due to low season as well). We would I recommend this resort to others for value and quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a wonderful view to Banderas Bay, one of the best beaches in Puerto Vallarta, surrounded by friends who will make your stay unforgettable. We have 220 recently renovated standard rooms, each of them with a wonderful sea-view and a private balcony. It is located just a few minutes away from the airport and downtown, near shopping malls such as Caracol, Peninsula and Galerias Vallarta. Free wireless Internet throughout the hotel. Choose between our European or All-Inclusive Plans. In our a la Carte Restaurants, Piaceres, Italian Mediterranean Cuisine, Mariaches, Mexican Cuisine or Guacamaya s Buffet Restaurant, quality in service is our distinguished feature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Puerto Vallarta Mexico