You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Anchorage, Alaska
“Perfecto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at the Fiesta Americana in PV for the first time, and we are confident it won't be our last visit. We have rarely enjoyed such a warm welcome or attentive service. The hotel is situated on a beautiful stretch of beach and enjoys a much wider private space than other nearby resorts. The single pool is beautifully landscaped and quite large. While I heard a few guests grumble about only one swimming pool, I and my husband thought it would be sufficiently comfortable for all but the largest of crowds. There are plenty of lounge chairs--in sun and in shade--on the beach and around the pool. Poolside and beach service is available; our favorite waiter, Rafael Lopez, introduced us to the best fish tacos and ceviche we've ever had and kept us amply supplied with food and drinks. Carlos, another poolside server, also deserves kudos for fast and attentive service. Tanya kept us entertained and led a terrific water aerobics class each day at noon.

Most rooms overlook the pool and the beach though the higher rooms seem to have full views while lower floors (2-3 and perhaps 4) may have obstructed views. We chose a deluxe ocean view room (801), which was spacious and very comfortable. The cleaning staff did their jobs well; we were never inconvenienced nor did we ever lack fresh towels or cold drinks.

The dining choices were excellent. Three restaurants provide a good variety of dinner choices, and the buffet restaurant offers a lovely view of the grounds and the ocean. We especially want to commend Ezekiel in the Asian restaurant for his friendly and efficient service.

Jassai, of Guest Services, helped us at check-in and at check-out and provided sound advice on places to see and things to do. She is an articulate and enthusiastic ambassador for the corporate chain and for her home country.

If it seems as if I am name dropping throughout this review, that's because I sincerely want to convey our appreciation for the gracious hospitality of the people of this resort. We have visited other resort cities in Mexico, but we have never found employees who take such pride in their work or in their city, state and country as we found amongst those at this hotel. My biggest regret is that I cannot recall all the names of those who made our vacation such a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Fiesta Americana Resorts is one of my fav resorts to visit in Mexico. The 5 star cleanliness and service outpaces any other resort. I always say to really rate a resort is to see how clean the main kitchen area is. I "accidentally" wandered through the hotel stairs and took a turn into the hallway where the kitchen was located. Before a very kind hotel staff person who knew I was lost escorted me kindly to the main area I noticed a spotless completely organized kitchen. I was amazed at the grocery store sized pantry and was in awe at the expensive products used in their meals.

Of course I never once saw an unclean utensil or glass at any of the tables. The visiting chef had given me a hearty wave as I was being escorted out of the area.

Fiesta Americana has the best beach in Vallarta ...... I could spend hours body surfing And water running without hitting sharp rocks with my bare feet.

I never saw one piece of garbage laying around the well trained staff were constantly running around picking up the plates and cups within minutes they were left. Like running after tennis balls all day!

For the first time travelling outside Canada I had to call the front desk and ask to see a Doctor. Much toy surprise this hotel had a doctor on call and was there within 10minutes. I went to the infirmary and was diagnosed with bronchial pneumonia. I then proceeded with the antibiotic treatments. This doctor even booked a follow up appointment a few days after the treatment was over with. The staff constant knocked on my door offering bottled water and even brought to my room Immodium upon request.

I highly recommend the all inclusive option so that you can partake of the surprise afternoon barbecues and paella cookouts.

I think that this skis it wAs worth every penny I spent.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was with a group of friends and other couples when we stayed here for 4 nights this month. When booking this trip we tried to keep the budget in check. We found a package for this place and the price was right. That being said, when my husband and I travel together we usually pick a little bit nicer establishments. For the price, I think this place was okay.
The staff here were great from the very beginning -- welcoming and friendly.

Pool -- the pool was a nice large size. There was a swim up bar which was nice. However, even the kiddos were at the swim up bar, so there wasn't really an adults only part of the pool. Saturday the pool seemed full, but every day after that it was like we were the only ones there except for a small handful of other people. The pool needed some work with tiles falling off but it's easy to overlook that when you basically have a large pool to yourself to hang out with your friends.

Food - We got the nachos at the pool every day. Gotta love the guacamole! Our first dinner was at the Mexican restaurant -- which was okay at best. The churros were good at the end of the meal though! Next night we ate at the Italian place. They ran out of menus (and there were 8 other people in the restaurant) and they ran out of several of the food choices. I ended up with a bacon wrapped steak -- which was inedible. It didn't even taste like meat. I ate the potatoes and the veggies which were good. The creme brulee was awful. The last two nights we dined at Tian Tang. This was the place that our group of friends really liked a lot. All but two of us liked sushi - and all the sushi lovers said that it was excellent. Even for the non-seafood eaters, there were plenty of dishes that were delicious. Best restaurant on the property. That being said, the service at all the restaurants was very (VERY) slow. I understand not rushing people through meals, but each of our dinners took two hours. (and we usually started eating around 8:30 or 9pm) There was never a crowd in the restaurants. We were usually one of maybe 3 or so other tables.

Room -- comfortable and a nice view. We had a pool/ocean view. Shower curtain smelled so musty and gross. That smell made me want to gag. Housekeeping did a nice job every day.

Miscellaneous information -- One night after dinner we went to the lobby bar for drinks when maybe 40 or so of the federal police came in. I will say that it is pretty darn startling to see. We were reassured by the staff that they were "here to eat". We then started to see them on our floor, walking around. We then found out they were "staying here". Not only that, but they walked around with their giant machine guns. (That part is for sure frightening! You do get more used to it I guess...but nonetheless, it's unsettling) We found out what was really going on by another couple in the pool. Trouble between the cartel and the police and how it was unsafe to go off property. Turns out that they were staying at this property and they were here to patrol around Puerto Vallarta. I wish that the employees were upfront and honest with us so we could be better informed. We all knew they were here for a different reason other than to "eat".

So overall, for the price, this place was just fine. Nothing special at all, food was okay for an all inclusive. But the employees really tried to make this place fun. It was a great place for a friends trip -- lots of food, drinks and sun! So for the price range I'd give this place a 4, but overall I'd probably go with a 3.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We just returned from our vacation to Fiesta Americana and we had a good time. Since this resort just turned to All inclusive only, they definitely need to work some kinks out though. The food was pretty good for an all inclusive. The first night we dined at Tiang Tang they couldn't accommodate our group of only 5 people. We all squeezed into a booth with the tiny small table. Meanwhile a huge group sat across from us. I'm not sure why they didn't just put some tables together for us. Also, the waiter there seemed very agitated with us. No idea what we did, but he wasn't happy to serve us and we all noticed at the same time. Not everyone has amazing days while at work so it didn't bother us as we were on vacation.

La Cevicheria was amazing! The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. I read on here to try the fish tacos and they were just as good as I hoped for. Also the pacific coast seafood cocktail was to die for! I'm not sure of the first seafood cocktail I had ordered but it tasted like spaghettiO's sauce and shrimp. We knew not to order that one again -yuck. If you go, try the pacific coast seafood cocktail. All of the different flavors in that one were amazing!

I wish all inclusives had drink menus at the bar, and specifically a signature, fun, and tropical drink. I was always at a loss on what drink to order and since there was a bit of a language barrier it was hard to ask. A lot of us would be walking around with a new drink and have about 2-4 different people ask what it was. I know I asked lots of people if I saw a new drink and this is how we made some friends while at the resort too! A nice drink menu with all the fun, tropical mixed and blended drinks would be nice. Then a Fiesta signature drink would be awesome too :) Pool Service was excellent! Miguel and Luis were extremely attentive and hard working! Thank you guys, you're the best :)

We paid to be upgraded to the club level. The view was amazing! The rooms were average. And we skipped the morning breakfast/cocktail hour to go downstairs as it didn't really wow us. You could get the same things downstairs for breakfast, and fresher. I'm not sure if we had any upgraded amenities. There were only drinks in the mini bar, which is different than all the other all inclusives as there is typically an over abundance of snacks to choose from. This mini bar had nothing but drinks. It was also not stocked daily, not a big deal but it's nice to be pampered on the small things especially when you pay for an upgrade.

The beach was different than any other we've ever stayed at. I liked the roped off areas under the palm trees. However, the roped off area where you can sunbathe we were never approached by any waitstaff so we didn't stay there for long. We typically are at the beach when we go to AI's, but not this one.

A big thanks to Hugo for helping us out. He was very informative and friendly! If you are coming here and want to know about excursions or renting a driver for the day (Highly suggest) ask him about it! He got us in contact with a driver and we took a day trip to Sayulita. It was the best day we had there! Hugo was trust worthy and we knew he was getting us a driver we could trust.

All in all this was a memorable trip! The staff at Fiesta Americana make this hotel amazing! Thank you all so much for your hard work!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed at the resort for a week in April 2015. All inclusive package is terrific. Room service is included and the portions are huge! The spa is absolutely beautiful. I must do for anyone staying at the resort. The spa rooms are unique and the therapists highly skilled. The rooms look dated but are clean. The rooms in general look towards the ocean. Very few exceptions to that rule. The cafe in the lobby is a hub of activity. Because there are no coffee makers in the rooms, the other options are room service, the cafe, and the buffet restaurant for coffee. The staff is very professional and helpful. Dined in the Italian, Asian, Buffet, Ceviche, Mexican and Fajitas restaurant. I was initially concerned at the Buffet because it was hot and the food was sitting outside by the grill. There was no problem though. The food was fresh and tasty. One thing that anyone visiting must have, the guacamole. It is absolutely delicious, fresh, and perfect. And though it sounds weird, the pizza in the italian restaurant is fabulous. The Asian restaurant was delicious, an eclectic selection of different asian cuisines. Note, the korean bbq is not authentically korean they use chinese spices in the marinade. So if you are a purist, be aware of that fact. The korean bbq was delicious, tender, and savory though. There is a business center in the lobby to print boarding passes and have a quick meeting. Be careful if you have food allergies especially nuts, we dined in the mexican restaurant and were served an item that had nuts in it that was not listed in the menu. All of the restaurants were good but, the 3 must dine restaurants are the italian, mexican and asian. (And room service...) Ask for the passion fruit juice if available. It is fabulous.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the water also get the noise from the mariachi nights and other functions that are...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had the opportunity to spend 7 days in April 2015 here in PV. I can't say enough about how wonderful it was.

First of all this is an All-Inclusive resort. Do not expect a $5000 week for $1000 but it comes real close for me.

The Fiesta has a above average buffet for breakfast/lunch/dinner. We always found something good to eat at the buffet. They also have a Mexican, Italian and Asian specialty restaurants which are all great. The best part with the specialty restaurants is that you do NOT have to make reservations for any of them. Most all-inclusives have you made reservations prior. We literally did not wait more than 5 minutes to get into a specialty restaurant. They also had a grill by the pool for burgers/hot dogs/fries/chips and guac. Lastly a wonderful ceviche restaurant open throughout the afternoon right on the beach.

A shout out to the wonderful staff at the buffet including the best hostesses ever Diana and Nelle as well as server Gumercindo who greeted us with a huge smile every morning.

The staff around the pool was also awesome bring you anything you want.

My wife and I had 60 min massages on the beach for less than $100 all together including tip....2 massages on the beach for less than $100 nice!! Just go out to the massage area just to the right of the resort and make an appoint for the next day.

No charge for wifi, but a little spotty in the rooms. Best out by the pool and in the lobby. Great business area with computers and printers.

Friday and Saturday nights had weddings which were a little loud and crazy but the rest of the evenings settled down by 11pm..

Have a great time

Room Tip: Higher the better...elevators run very quickly
Green Features: All staff is amazing and so caring...they salute you with a hand on their heart
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From the operator Yolanda, who got us two rooms next to each other and on the top floor, as asked, to all the servicemen and servicewomen, everything was terrific. The service, cleanliness, quality of food and drinks is above average and they make every effort to satisfy your requests and wishes. Kids love the pool and Fiesta kids club (thank you Leslie, Ashley and Claudia for keeping them entertained.) More than enough to keep kids busy throughout the day. Always plenty of chairs around the pool, the beach is close by with great sand and water. Restaurants had plenty of food choices, from Asian fusion to ceviches, churros to chicken wings and everything in between. Waiyers around the pool and beach are like busy bees always attending to your food and drink requests.The only downside is the night entertainment as compared to some Riu resorts. However, if you like casual music, karaoke, low key performance the shows are just fine. The store had everything you might need in case of emergency and great cigar, or gift choices. Overall, just a perfect stay and a wonderful resort. 4.5 out of 5!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa? Share your experiences!