“Great Hotel for the money.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Ballston Lake,NY
“Great Hotel for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

After staying at the Fiesta Americana in Cancun last year we decided to try the Fiesta Americana in Puert Vallarta and we were very pleased. We booked our trip and transportation through Expedia and everything went smooth. When we arrived at the hotel they were waiting for us and we checked in and got the exact room that we wanted. We then sat and went over all the hotel and resort had to offer with Carlos. He did a very good jbob and then tried to get us to listen to a vacation club presentation that we were not interested in.
One of the things that everyone mentions is thje service and for the most part it was excellent. Overall the food was very good. My favorite was the La Cevicheria with the fresh fish tacos and the aquachile fish cocktails. The buffet breakfast was very good with a large selection of fruits and breakfast items. There are 3 main restaurants and the only time we had to wait was Saturday night. We never had trouble getting chairs on the beach but we were out at the beach mid morning. There was some entertainment at night and the dancers were pretty good.
If you go into town you can get a taxi for 65 pesos which is about $4. It is worth the trip to go to thier boardwalk downtown, there is a lot to see. There is no charge for the internet and it worked well. You can also use the computers and printers in the business center and that is no charge. These are some of the things that some hotels charge extra for. We tried to book an excursion from the hotel but they only offered full day excursions so we went online and were able to book half day excursions. That worked out well because we did not want to spend the whole day out.
Overall we were very happy with the resort and it was a real value for the money. We would return for sure.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
West Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

February 22 thru March 11 2015,
We have been going to Puerto Vallarta for 25 years. First at the Camino Real. Then when it became all-inclusive we moved over to the Fiesta Americana. We have been going there for 13 years and have loved it every time.

The new Concierges Stephanie and Michael O'Farrell were wonderful to us.
Could not have asked for more.

Most of the servers we have also known for 13 years and they are wonderful as well. By name,
Rosalio, Gumer, Sergio, Marcus, Victor, Carlos, Manuel, Giovanni, Jesus, and Gerrardo. They know us by name and are very attentive every time we see them.
We also had the pleasure of meeting Carlos this year in L'Isola. Again, one of the best. They all know how to treat the guests.
There were a couple of people just added under the new policy that I believe may need some lessons in respect and how to treat the guests. They came from the all-inclusive hotels and did not treat us well. Very rude. They are more used to the drunken spring breakers who don't care if they are nice. Only if they get free alcohol.

The food and beverage managers Martin and Mario treated us like royalty...
Partly because we have been coming for so long and partly because the new All-Inclusive policy was a little confusing to us and took some getting used to.
I have a favorite recipe I shared with the Chef and they had him prepare it several times for us. They also shared it with staff who enjoyed it as well.

The bartenders and servers in the bar are all doing a very fine job. Jahaziel, Manuel,
Maya, Carolina. Hope I got their names correct.
All were wonderful.

The folk at the front desk, Hector, Sebastian, Rafael, Gustavo, and Diego.
Known them for years. Always most helpful and attentive.

I hear there will be a new Fiesta Americana on the south end of town by Mismaloya. That one it is said to be adult only.
I would really love for the original FA to be the adults only. Partly because it is close to town and we like to go to town a lot. That way the all-inclusive crowd can stay on the south end with all the college kids and party hardy. The spring break crowd does not go to town anyway so they will not mind being on the far south end of town away from town.
All the people we have been meeting up with in the last 13 years at FA would love that as well. We have never stayed in all-inclusive before because we enjoy the town and it's fine restaurants. It is really a shame all the hotels are becoming all-inclusive because it is putting the town out of business. Too bad. Beautiful town.

The pool does get a little loud at times because it is catering to the kids.
They are very rowdy and loud.
Also it is hard to get to the bar for the same reason.

All in all we love the hotel and will certainly be back. We like the tropical feel and the friendly people there. It is a smaller hotel and not so over whelming. I believe they are still ironing out the kinks and it will get better by next year.
Please- please- please- make the original hotel the adults only one
I am sure the new one will be bigger so they will have more room for the kids.

Thanks for everything and see you next year.
George Sacco and JoAnn McIntosh Sacco

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view . East side of building is best.
Green Features: The hotel has had remodeling in the past 2 years and is more updated. It has also gone All inclusive this year. That is not our thing, but others prefer it. That will not keep us from going there though. Still beautiful and great location.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a week in April and it was a great trip. Right when I arrived at the hotel, Hugo at the concierge desk was my personal travel guide. All week he hooked me up with travel tips and advice and took care of all my requests. I wouldn't of had as good of a trip without him. Vanessi at the front desk checked me in and was my go to gal at the front desk. She was always super accommodating including getting me a special hanger to hang my Calgary Flames Jersey in my window. (2015 round one games 5 and 6 against the Canucks) #cuzitsthecup

The room was exactly what I expected and the hotel was clean and well laid out. It's not a huge resort so you can bump into friends all week and everything is close and accessible.

Around the pool I met Ashley, leslie, Brenda, Yolanda, and Jorge. They were the entertainment/pool staff and they kept it exciting during the day. From water balloon fights to dance lessons and pictures to go along with. They were all great people. Elaine cleaned my room all week and was great. She even put up with me not getting up till late with a hangover and would clean my room late in the day. She even left me a nice parting message in beads on my last night.

All around I had a great time at the resort. The restaurants were easy to get into and all the bars got the job done. Carlos, Ramon and Jesus were working like madmen all week. Including at the busy pool bar during the day. All in all I loved the whole resort and I would for sure go back again. Thanks to all the staff for a great week.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Fiesta Americana from April 29th - May 3rd 2015. Upon entering the resort, I was pleasantly surprised from the ambience in the lobby. We were immediately greeted by hotel staff and check-in was fairly simple. Unfortunately, that atmosphere did not continue into our room. I expected a little luxe in our room (greenery, comfortable bedding, warm tones, perhaps a robe & house shoes), and it had more of 3 star Holiday Inn feel to it (bath towels but no washcloths? Why do I have to ask for washcloths, dated room, nothing special about the bathroom). Thankfully, I was there with my girls and not with my man....we were there for the beach, not the beds. The saving grace...the 5th floor view. It was easy to get over the uncomfortable mattress when you're listening to the ocean and you can see the green mountains. The patio view featured all the good colors from the crayon box.

Since we booked an All Inclusive package, the food and beverage was an important part of the experience. I was not impressed. Our first night, we were SO excited to eat at the Mexican restaurant. Mexican food in Mexico!?! Yeah Buddy!!! This was an EPIC FAIL! The staff wasn’t attentive. The ONLY thing good was the guacamole. The cheese dip was edible when spread on a warm tortilla with the awesome guacamole. I order enchiladas, which were incredibly bland, and a waste of time. The drinks were juice. One of the girls ordered an Apple Martini. Although I LOVE the fact that the waiter tried to accommodate her request, she ended up disappointed when her Apple Juice Martini arrived!

The Breakfast Buffet was better. The omelet bar was extremely tasty. I had to ask for guacamole (when visiting Mexico, I want it with every meal). Initially, it wasn’t an issue. As the days passed, and the hotel became full, the request for guacamole was denied. I had to escalate this to Carlos, who then made sure I was accommodated each morning. Thank you Carlos!

We dined at the Italian restaurant one night. Our server was incredible. He worked very hard (maybe Oscar, but not sure). I ate the duck at his recommendation, which was delicious. The other ladies were not impressed, but rightfully so. 3 people ordered the same dish, but one dish came out with spinach and was much more flavorful than the other 2 dishes. Some of the food was cold. Most of it was just bland. We ended up ordering a pizza, which was ok.

We had read reviews of the fish tacos, so we were anxious to try them. My toes were FINALLY curled! Fish tacos, a side of guacamole, and the AMAZING ceviche, made for a happy guest!
That night, we tried the Asian restaurant, which we were extremely hesitant about. However, one of the front desk workers (young guy with braces, extremely friendly I might add!) recommended it. Sushi was delicious. Appetizers were delicious. Every entrée was DELICIOUS! Service AMAZING! We were so impressed, we ate there again. Many thanks to Ezequiel and Daniel for treating us like Queens! They provided EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE!

Speaking of Service, we had an all-around fairly exceptional experience. There was a noticeable difference between the service we received from the male employees versus the female employees. I understand males will use their charm to woo an all-female group, but some of the female employees wouldn’t even smile.

One female employee, a grill cook by the name of Leticia, was rude. I ordered wings, cheese fries, and guacamole. She took my order, then filled the orders of 4 spanish speakers who ordered after me. Some had the same order. I suspect it was either a language issue, or a race issue, but either way, it was upsetting. I called her by name, and asked her for my order, which of course she had forgotten. I had to repeat it, and she was visibly flustered, which made me more upset. UNACCEPTABLE TO WORK AT A RESORT AND GIVE THIS LEVEL OF SERVICE.

Saving the best for last, Carlos Navarrete from the Vacation Club, was PHENOMENAL. Our group wasn’t hard to spot on this resort, but he made sure we were always comfortable, and we ALWAYS had what we needed. This is the level of Service that I expect when I visit a resort. I wish I could pick him up and take him with me for every vacation. He gave us great details when we wanted to go out on the town. He was extremely accommodating! He was able to get us 20% off at the spa (which was amazing)! He is the reason that I would visit this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just left Fiesta Americana in the wonderful Puerto Vallarta! What a fantastic trip we had! The entire staff was absolutely incredible and helped to make this one of our very best vacations ever.

There are a few standout employees that we would like to highlight specifically... (Coffee shop) Marley & Patricia Olvera; (Hostesses) Diana & Llanely; (Pool waiters) Ignacio & Carlos; (Buffet waiters) Jesus, Sergio, Rafael, & Gumercindo; (Activities) Tania & Ary; (Tiantang waiters) Antonio & Daniel; (Beach maintenance) Juan; (Housekeeper) Juliana; and (Hotel greeter extraordinaire) Edgar: Thank you so much for making our trip so special! You were all so helpful, attentive, and just a joy to be around!

The hotel itself was beautiful starting with the setting which was just breathtaking with beach, mountain, and city views to enjoy! And the view from the Lobby to the pool area with the ocean in the distance was captivating to say the least. We also loved the water elements in the lobby -- from the waterfall to the foot bridge -- which created a most peaceful and soothing vibe.

The food options were varied and plentiful. Standouts were the coffee shop where we got our doubles espressos over ice, and the Japanese restaurant (Tiantang) where the food was fresh and delicious and the service outstanding, which is why we ate there three times! We weren't crazy about the Italian restaurant (went two times and the food was either too spicy or cold), but the Mexican Fiesta was a great way to close out the vacation, the chips and salas and guacamole never failed to disappoint, and the veggie fajitas and veggie cerviche were knockouts. As a vegan, I was super impressed that you had soy milk and so many veggie options. Other vacations have been ruined for me due to lack of options. Please keep adding more and more options and I will keep coming back.

The spa was great, too! 5 stars all the way starting with the tranquil, gorgeous vibe (pool, sauna, and steam room), which lent itself to deep relaxation. And the couples massage was one of our best ever.

While the room was somewhat dated, the view was absolutely spectacular (we were on the 6th floor) and Juliana kept it impeccably clean so we were comfortable and quite content.

I can't say enough about this trip! Go here if you want the best staff ever, a beautiful location, a great mix of fun and quiet, and good food and drink. We can't wait to go back ourselves!

Gayle & Joe
Boston, MA

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors for the best views. Ours was on the 6th floor and the view was SPE...
Green Features: We were very impressed by the no-smoking policy, the many receptacles on the property, and the environmental reminders.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Francisco R, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
DearGayle W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It makes us feel really proud that you and your family enjoyed our hotel & facilities.

Rest assured that I will inform our colleague of your kind comments and gratitude and thank him/her personally.

It was really an honor to have you and your family here in our hotel, your home away from home.

Please do come back and see us soon – until then I’m sending you my warmest greetings.

Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We returned today after 10 glorious days at FA. From the first to the last it was fabulous. Take every past review and we ditto it twice! Everything perfect!

Thank you, especially, to Rafael and Carlos, our beach and pool angels, waiter Andres, Hostess Diana, Activities Ashley and very hard worker, Juan. You made our beach palapa spot always clean!

Our most very special thank you and hugs to Norma our room attendant. So sweet, always made our room feel like home. I was sick for 2 days and she was so concerned about me and always checking in on how I was doing. And we loved our special towel sculptures with her special colored rice messages.

And don't miss the fish tacos at the pool, and the cheese nachos at the grill.

Thank you all, we look forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: The higher the better. We were on the 5th floor and it was great.
Dear Diane K,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and allowing us the honor to host your stay.

We are very thankful & pleased that you kindly devoted some of your valuable time to share your experience with us.

This really does motivates us to continue to maintain and improve standards, always striving to put service first at the heart of everything we do as is our culture.

We hope that you return to see us soon.

On behalf of all the team here at the hotel please accept our sincerest thanks and warmest greetings.

Sincerely
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Fiesta Americana April 20-27
This is a wonderful laid back resort with personnel who can not do enough for you. Loved my room #608 with a great view. Housekeeping take such great care and drop by again in the evening to see if you need anything. I think the staff are all great and there are a few standouts. Carlos who brings us our drinks and food at our palapa. He is a wonderful person, so happy, loves his job and has worked there for many years. A wonderful representative and most definitely a people person. The other is Ezquiele who is so accommodating and has such a warm personality. My friends and I went to the boardwalk and lost their camera. I'd like to thank the security team who found the driver and the camera was found!! Did not see that happening. I loved my holiday and would definitely return again. Also the sweet girls who seat you at the buffet, sorry don't remember names, always smiling and enjoyed our chats.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Dear Syn988,

What a great pleasure it was to have you here in our hotel, please do consider it your home here in Mexico.

We are very happy to read your comments that you have taken time to share. All of the team here at the hotel do genuinely strive each and every day paying attention to all of the little details to ensure all guests really do feel at home.

We feel especially proud when any of our colleagues receive a special mention and know we are fulfilling our mission with such guests as yourselves.

Kindest greetings from all the team.

My very best regards,

Francisco Rangel

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa? Share your experiences!