February 22 thru March 11 2015,
We have been going to Puerto Vallarta for 25 years. First at the Camino Real. Then when it became all-inclusive we moved over to the Fiesta Americana. We have been going there for 13 years and have loved it every time.
The new Concierges Stephanie and Michael O'Farrell were wonderful to us.
Could not have asked for more.
Most of the servers we have also known for 13 years and they are wonderful as well. By name,
Rosalio, Gumer, Sergio, Marcus, Victor, Carlos, Manuel, Giovanni, Jesus, and Gerrardo. They know us by name and are very attentive every time we see them.
We also had the pleasure of meeting Carlos this year in L'Isola. Again, one of the best. They all know how to treat the guests.
There were a couple of people just added under the new policy that I believe may need some lessons in respect and how to treat the guests. They came from the all-inclusive hotels and did not treat us well. Very rude. They are more used to the drunken spring breakers who don't care if they are nice. Only if they get free alcohol.
The food and beverage managers Martin and Mario treated us like royalty...
Partly because we have been coming for so long and partly because the new All-Inclusive policy was a little confusing to us and took some getting used to.
I have a favorite recipe I shared with the Chef and they had him prepare it several times for us. They also shared it with staff who enjoyed it as well.
The bartenders and servers in the bar are all doing a very fine job. Jahaziel, Manuel,
Maya, Carolina. Hope I got their names correct.
All were wonderful.
The folk at the front desk, Hector, Sebastian, Rafael, Gustavo, and Diego.
Known them for years. Always most helpful and attentive.
I hear there will be a new Fiesta Americana on the south end of town by Mismaloya. That one it is said to be adult only.
I would really love for the original FA to be the adults only. Partly because it is close to town and we like to go to town a lot. That way the all-inclusive crowd can stay on the south end with all the college kids and party hardy. The spring break crowd does not go to town anyway so they will not mind being on the far south end of town away from town.
All the people we have been meeting up with in the last 13 years at FA would love that as well. We have never stayed in all-inclusive before because we enjoy the town and it's fine restaurants. It is really a shame all the hotels are becoming all-inclusive because it is putting the town out of business. Too bad. Beautiful town.
The pool does get a little loud at times because it is catering to the kids.
They are very rowdy and loud.
Also it is hard to get to the bar for the same reason.
All in all we love the hotel and will certainly be back. We like the tropical feel and the friendly people there. It is a smaller hotel and not so over whelming. I believe they are still ironing out the kinks and it will get better by next year.
Please- please- please- make the original hotel the adults only one
I am sure the new one will be bigger so they will have more room for the kids.
Thanks for everything and see you next year.
George Sacco and JoAnn McIntosh Sacco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the charm and warmth that have made this destination unique, Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive hotels in Banderas Bay, the second largest bay in the Pacific. With contemporary Mexican architecture, this beautiful construction is perfectly harmonized with a landscape bordered by the mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental and the most beautiful beach in Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana