“Outstanding All Around Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Outstanding All Around Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We just left Fiesta Americana in the wonderful Puerto Vallarta! What a fantastic trip we had! The entire staff was absolutely incredible and helped to make this one of our very best vacations ever.

There are a few standout employees that we would like to highlight specifically... (Coffee shop) Marley & Patricia Olvera; (Hostesses) Diana & Llanely; (Pool waiters) Ignacio & Carlos; (Buffet waiters) Jesus, Sergio, Rafael, & Gumercindo; (Activities) Tania & Ary; (Tiantang waiters) Antonio & Daniel; (Beach maintenance) Juan; (Housekeeper) Juliana; and (Hotel greeter extraordinaire) Edgar: Thank you so much for making our trip so special! You were all so helpful, attentive, and just a joy to be around!

The hotel itself was beautiful starting with the setting which was just breathtaking with beach, mountain, and city views to enjoy! And the view from the Lobby to the pool area with the ocean in the distance was captivating to say the least. We also loved the water elements in the lobby -- from the waterfall to the foot bridge -- which created a most peaceful and soothing vibe.

The food options were varied and plentiful. Standouts were the coffee shop where we got our doubles espressos over ice, and the Japanese restaurant (Tiantang) where the food was fresh and delicious and the service outstanding, which is why we ate there three times! We weren't crazy about the Italian restaurant (went two times and the food was either too spicy or cold), but the Mexican Fiesta was a great way to close out the vacation, the chips and salas and guacamole never failed to disappoint, and the veggie fajitas and veggie cerviche were knockouts. As a vegan, I was super impressed that you had soy milk and so many veggie options. Other vacations have been ruined for me due to lack of options. Please keep adding more and more options and I will keep coming back.

The spa was great, too! 5 stars all the way starting with the tranquil, gorgeous vibe (pool, sauna, and steam room), which lent itself to deep relaxation. And the couples massage was one of our best ever.

While the room was somewhat dated, the view was absolutely spectacular (we were on the 6th floor) and Juliana kept it impeccably clean so we were comfortable and quite content.

I can't say enough about this trip! Go here if you want the best staff ever, a beautiful location, a great mix of fun and quiet, and good food and drink. We can't wait to go back ourselves!

Gayle & Joe
Boston, MA

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper floors for the best views. Ours was on the 6th floor and the view was SPE...
Green Features: We were very impressed by the no-smoking policy, the many receptacles on the property, and the environmental reminders.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We returned today after 10 glorious days at FA. From the first to the last it was fabulous. Take every past review and we ditto it twice! Everything perfect!

Thank you, especially, to Rafael and Carlos, our beach and pool angels, waiter Andres, Hostess Diana, Activities Ashley and very hard worker, Juan. You made our beach palapa spot always clean!

Our most very special thank you and hugs to Norma our room attendant. So sweet, always made our room feel like home. I was sick for 2 days and she was so concerned about me and always checking in on how I was doing. And we loved our special towel sculptures with her special colored rice messages.

And don't miss the fish tacos at the pool, and the cheese nachos at the grill.

Thank you all, we look forward to seeing you again.

Room Tip: The higher the better. We were on the 5th floor and it was great.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Fiesta Americana April 20-27
This is a wonderful laid back resort with personnel who can not do enough for you. Loved my room #608 with a great view. Housekeeping take such great care and drop by again in the evening to see if you need anything. I think the staff are all great and there are a few standouts. Carlos who brings us our drinks and food at our palapa. He is a wonderful person, so happy, loves his job and has worked there for many years. A wonderful representative and most definitely a people person. The other is Ezquiele who is so accommodating and has such a warm personality. My friends and I went to the boardwalk and lost their camera. I'd like to thank the security team who found the driver and the camera was found!! Did not see that happening. I loved my holiday and would definitely return again. Also the sweet girls who seat you at the buffet, sorry don't remember names, always smiling and enjoyed our chats.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at FA from 04/13 to 04/23 and had da great time. We both love the Bandaras Bay area and made it a point to experience Puerto Vallarta this time. This was our third time in this area and the FA was our best experience yet. I had requested a room on the 4th floor or above and when we got there they told us we were on the 2nd floor. I asked for a room as we had requested and was told it would be, I think, $35 a night extra. I said no to that but after not more than a minute she told us we could have a room on the 4th floor for no additional charge so that was great. We especially enjoy the people in and around PV and this time only added to our appreciation. We are from Calgary and had a great time watching game 4 of the Stanley Cup playoffs at a local sports bar call Steve's. There were lots of Canadians there and most were cheering for the Flames so we celebrated (overly, judging by my voice the next day) their victory. Sorry 'Nucks fans...well, not really!

The resort itself is awesome. Before we went I noticed several reviews that were somewhat critical of the rooms but I had no issue with them whatsoever. The beds were comfortable (the booze consumed might have something to do with that) and there were plenty of pillows. There was plenty of storage for clothes, luggage, etc. and a table so I am not sure what else is needed to satisfy anyone. The minibar was kept well stocked and the staff even followed through when I asked them to leave out the pop and replace it with beer only (I hope that doesn't get anyone in trouble). I never ran out in the 10 days we were there.

The food was the best I've ever had at an AI and I really liked not having to stand in lines or get up at 7:00AM to make reservations. We never once had to wait for a table and the resort got quite busy on the weekend we were there. We found the Asian to be the best; the Pad Thai was awesome. My wife really enjoyed the sushi. A special shoutout to Ezekiel...dude you are awesome!!! My wife would have brought you and your family home with us if she could have.

The pool is nice but you might run into a bit of the towel reserve thing. When we first got there the resort must not have been very full as we had no problem getting a lounger when we got to the pool at 10:00 or so. However, as the weekend got closer we noticed that by 8:00 or so all of the loungers were covered in towels. That being said, starting the next day the staff would bring out additional chairs so, while they weren't around the pool technically, there was plenty of seating. Luis did a great job of making sure my beer never ran dry...great job Luis! Oscar and Jonathan (ha, I remembered your names Oscar) worked their tails off serving at the bar. Since they are serving both the pool and small bar side we had to wait a few minutes sometimes but no worries as a shot of tequila will settle that score.

One more shoutout to Eidrian the chef! I'm sorry but I don't remember your buddy's name. We met these two young men when we were having a smoke out front and instantly became buddies. What a couple of great young men and I wish you both all of the best in life as you move forward.

Like so many reviewers have noted, the entire staff here is absolutely incredible! I just cannot overstate that! From the front counter staff (who chased us down one day to have our picture taken with them) to the wait staff to the house cleaning. All were so accommodating, warm and ready with an ola and a smile. Great job to all of you!!!

I doubt anyone will find this review extremely helpful but I just wanted to let everybody know how much my wife and I enjoyed our stay at this resort and say we will most definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: As many have said, 4th floor and above have the best views.
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was my fourth vacation at FAPV, and first as an All Inclusive. I love this hotel for it's welcoming atmosphere and staff. The morning buffet has everything you would ever want for a beautiful beachside breakfast. My room was always clean, and the bed very comfortable. I can't say enough good things about all the food service staff in Chula Vista and for the beach palapas. I'm sure I've missed a few names, though here are many to name: Gume, Rosalio, Marcus,, Oswaldo, Neftali, Jesus, Sergio, Lupita, Raphael, Carlos, Nacho, and Luisa. I hope to return again next year.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the city from your balcony, choose a higher floor on the north side.
Green Features: FAPV now has separate trash receptacles near the beach, and towel friendly reminders.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We arrived late, due to flight delays, so check in was quick and easy, even upgraded to 3rd floor king sized bed! German (Garmon) gave a brief overview of the hotel and invited us to the "breakfast presentation" which we declined, and he let go without pressure. The resort is beautiful and immaculately clean. The stone inlays throughout the floors are lovely.

We stayed April 9-18, great week, not busy at all!

We have stayed at Live Aqua and Fiesta in Cancun so we decided to try the other side of Mexico. Very glad we did, the mountains are beautiful.
The service at Fiesta is top notch. Everyone greets you with an "Hola" , hand on heart, and a smile.

As this was our first visit to PV, we had many questions, Lia, Carlos and German, in the lobby, were so helpful! My husband wanted to buy cigarettes in a carton so German wrote a note in Spanish so we could take it to the store across the street. Lia gave great advice on excursions (did zip lining, booked thru hotel, same price at online $109 pp), Carlos took pictures of us one night all over the lobby!

Plenty of selection to eat and drink.

Juan at the beach would be cleaning the beach or moving sand everyday, he hardly spoke any English, but would come over everyday and teach us a few new words in Spanish and try to communicate. It's amazing how you can make a connection with someone you can't fully communicate with! We wish him well!

Most nights there is live music in the lobby bar or a show in the theater, Friday night was Mexican Fiesta. Awesome dancers and Mariachi band!

Pool was perfect temp. Beach beautiful and clean (thanks to Juan). Sand is a bit rough, may want to bring water shoes if you plan to take walks on beach. Ocean is calm and temp not bad.

Hotel will exchange $ at a very good rate. Most places take US but you will want pesos for taxi/bus, some shops. Most shops in town had prices listed in US and pesos, nice!

Taxi from airport $20 US. Back to airport I think was 100 pesos ($14 US).
There are taxi's right at resort available at all times. To town it was 50 pesos, well worth it.

Bus's are like riding in a lumber truck. All the roads are cobblestone and you feel every one. Cheap, about 15 pesos for 2.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I received no less than excellent service from staff at FAPV. Despite few flaws on food tasting and groups management (all inclusive ha) I had a great experience staying here for a wedding reception. Also the mattresses can be better,I will suggest to change doubles for queen size full mattresses are small for what they charge. But all and all you will spend a great time here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa? Share your experiences!