“A mix of outstanding, mediocrity and more” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa

You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“A mix of outstanding, mediocrity and more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was my second trip to PVR and I spent a week next door at Los Tules with a group of friends before four nights here. The all-inclusive is relatively new and they have added some venues and I wanted to check it out. The entrance is grand, spacious and beautiful. The rooms are nothing special and certainly not luxurious, except for the soundproofing, which was great, and the marble floors, which are kept impeccably clean. I know. I walked around in white socks and not even a speck of dust or dirt could be found afterwards. 5 stars for cleanliness. The minibar was replenished daily with beer, water and soda, which was also much appreciated. The refrigerator wasn't too cold though, so I wanted ice and had to call for it. Machines on the floors would be a nice touch. And the bed gets a C. Mattress seems old and lumpy. Not too comfortable. Ditto for the pillows. Room 605, check it out. Shocked that the hotel does not provide hair conditioner. I consider conditioner a necessity and have only been to one other hotel in the last hundred or so stays that did not provide it. It is the equivalent of not providing chips and salsa before a meal. Balcony was great and the view spectacular. I loved the pool and the mid-day water aerobics! I really enjoyed the lobby bar and the bartenders, especially Carlos. The bartenders there and at the ceviche bar were very attentive and polite. The bartenders at the pool bar, on the other hand, were anti-social, nasty people and I would fire them all. They ignore many people and push their tip jar at them. I had one drink there, didn't tip, returned a while later and was ignored. Bartender seemed offended when I asked if there was a drink menu and when I asked what blender drinks were popular other than the obvious margarita, daiquiri and colada. I speak Spanish and he said that he didn't have time to discuss it and when I made up my mind to order. Certainly not a Sandals resort. I would eventually get someone's attention and they would take my order and then wait on others and not bring my drink. I ordered a few times from three different people and after about fifteen minutes, I finally gave up, got out of the pool and went to the ceviche bar. In general, I find the service in Mexico to be over the top pleasant and professional and these amateurs don't fit that image. Apparently, they hate their jobs and people. Other guests I spoke with during my stay complained about the pool bar service as well. Maybe tipping should be prohibited since it is an all-inclusive. After that experience, I avoided the pool bar and tipped for every drink, which shouldn't be necessary. Back to the bright side: the food is amazing. I loved the ceviche! Six kinds to taste every day. The paella was great. The grilled huachinango (snapper) out of this world and so many different sauces and toppings everywhere to put on everything. The tacos pastor were as good as I have ever eaten and the shrimp consumme and the cauliflower soup and the salad bar and the ripe, fresh, succulent fruits at breakfast. The cheeses! I could go on and on about the food. It was as good as any I have ever eaten in Mexico and I have made many trips to many parts. Check out was quick. The bellmen and room service attendants are excellent and the cleaning staff friendly and attentive. All in all, a positive experience, with room for improvement.

Room Tip: Ocean view with a balcony is the only way to appreciate the experience while in the room
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Food is ok nothing special......hotel is beautiful pool kinda small though. The grounds are well maintained, we are staying on the Feista club 9th floor, it is worth paying the upgrade they can cocktails in the evenings and light snacks, breakfast in the morning as well .....you don't even have to leave rage 9th floor! Beds are comfy and maid service is awesome, the two ladies working on the 9th floor are so sweet and do a great job! Staff is great except Pedro at the swim up bar, you can stand there for 15 minutes and he won't acknowledge you, I understand it's busy but acknowledging people goes a long way. Even after everyone was served he still ignored me, until I spoke up in protest.

We are on our 30th wedding anniversary the hotel was notified but our special occasion was not acknowledged, kind of a let down from Barcelo in Mismoloya.....they upgraded our room and had champagne in our room upon arrival. Oh well.........there needs to be rules about saving pool chairs with towels, it kind of sucks unless you are up at 6am you are screwed from getting a decent chair. It seems so childish, I've decided to move towels if I see them not occupied because it's so stupid. The hotel should collect towels that are not currently being used to avoid people trying this stupid tradition.

Overall the hotel is just ok.....nothing special and they could improve on bar staffing, food, chair saving.......we've been to a few hotels in PV, this wouldn't be my first choice on our return trip!

Room Tip: Choose 9th floor Feista Club level for beautiful views. Avoid the swim up pool bar and go to the on...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Bottom line; I will go back and I would recommend the resort to a friend. The resort was clean and comfortable, great views, property was well maintained. Every meal I had was very good, the staff was very helpful and you are 15 min from the airport and a short taxi ride to the Malecon (boardwalk in town) and the Marina.
The resort recently switched to totally all-inclusive and it was our opinion that a couple more bartenders were needed. I would also like to see an additional restaurant added (it currently has three dedicated dinner restaurants). There are approx 16 rooms that do not have ocean view and I would not have been happy had I gotten one of these. I might also add that for your best views, try and get a room on the 3rd floor or higher.
We went the last ten days and February and the weather was absolutely perfect. If you visit Puerto Vallarta you have to try PiPi's and Cocoa Tropical (local restaurants) even if you are staying at an all-inclusive. Both were excellent. Take a walk on the Malecon at night and stroll through "cat island". You won't regret it.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Nayarit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

we took a short vacation stayed for just a few nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. there is a wide selection of restaurants and food to choose from. The service was excellent, rooms are very accommodating and the beds are very comfortable overall it's a great property

• Stayed March 2015
Ferndale, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Didn't start great our handicap room was not ready, but after an hour and a half we were given a different room which turn out to be the best room out of our group of three couples. Staff was great.The buffet food went down hill all week food was Luke warm at best and choices decreased as the week went on. Monday,Tuesday and Wednesday only 3 restaurants were open for dinner with only seating for about 150 at a time for parties of 6 or more the wait was about 2 hours. Once again the staff was great, but the waits sucked. Their was no live music except for the wedding that took over most of the pool area. There was a dance troupe that preformed 3 nights that lasted less then an hour each show. The bars were extremely under staff the wait for drinks wether you ordered from the wait staff or you went to the bar was on average 20 minutes, but once again then staff was great just not enough of them. I am a cigar smoker so I was extremely disappointed to find out there was no smoking at this resort except for 2 designated areas and the public beach. Needless to say I was not the only to find this out after we got here. The smoking areas provided seating for 4 at one and 6 at the other. Met a lot of people who were unhappy with this set up. This resort has a long way to go to even be mentioned for a return trip. I can only hope that changes and improvements will be made.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Francisco R, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Bruce R,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination; as well as for sharing your experience.

We regret not have been able to meet your expectations during your most recent visit. I take the opportunity to inform you that we are already working with all our reservations channels in order to improve this area of our service and ensure our guests’ satisfaction.

The requests such as: type of beds, location of the room (floor) and room assignment is subject to availability; unfortunately, sometimes we are not able to please the 100% of the received requests due to high occupancy. However, I assure you that we will continue to do our utmost to please all of our guest’s requests.

Please feel free to contact us with your next booking details at our Hotel, I order to make sure that all your requests are taken care.

Best Regards,

SK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Although we loved many aspects of Fiesta Americana, we would hesitate to return. We booked a “Deluxe Room” (requesting a king bed) and were given a room with a wonderful view on the 8th floor, but two double beds. (With reference to Kevin’s review, we are a “married” couple.) We requested a different room immediately with a larger bed and were told that there was no availability. The next day, after an uncomfortable night, we asked again and were told, “maybe in three days.” So, after three nights, we requested a king bed again, and were told, after some gentle persistence, that we could have a room on the third floor with a king bed. This is a cheaper room, and so we were“downgraded” to the cheaper, but more comfortable room, for the majority of our stay (250 Mexican pesos a night cheaper according to their web site). We missed the view, but comfort was our priority. At no time was there any offer of compensation or apology for our discomfort, dissatisfaction, or our move to the cheaper room. All our requests were made simply and politely and perhaps we would have been accommodated (no pun intended) sooner if we had been more assertive, but this is not in our nature. We talked to several couples that had similar issues and we could hear frequent requests by other people as we walked by the front desk. It is an ongoing issue and needs to be addressed by the hotel as not having a comfortable bed is a “deal breaker” for many people.

Now, for the positive stuff!
The staff is amazing--friendly, helpful and efficient. They work hard and do it with a smile!
The meals were fine and we never had to wait for a table at the restaurants.
The entertainment is improving thanks to the newly hired activity director, Jorge.
The grounds, the beach and the hotel are lovely.
The rooms and the hotel are kept very clean.
The hotel is well located with easy access to tours and shopping.

Another smaller hiccup was that checkout is at 12 noon and our transfer was at 2 PM. The Transat rep said that after our checkout we would be able to have lunch. Not so.
Once you checkout and the bracelets are removed, you are “persona non gratia,” and have no privileges. So, the beginning and end of our stay were both disappointing, and even though the Fiesta Americana has much to offer, the negatives we experienced would prevent a return visit.

Dear kjkoz,

Best Regards,

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was a great resort for what I paid. I wouldn't pay more at this time.The food was great but the menu was limited.The biggest issue was checking in and at first not getting a king bed until I went through 3 people and then Carlos. After a rude check in clerk and going through 3 people to get a king size bed the hotel clerk sent me to Carlos who was standing behind us to supposedly show us the resort. This turned into a time share/vacation package they wanted to schedule immediately and sell us. Needless to say first impressions were terrible. They wanted me to commit to their resorts after not getting a king sized bed and the way the receptionist treated me! Anyway this Carlos then told me that you are not suppose to reserve pool/beach chairs but to go ahead and do it or you won't get a chair. Well I did and then 6 days later the resort decided to take my towels and chair clips off the 2 chairs I had them on. My towels were no where to be found and I found the clips where you check out towels much later. Needless to say I wasn't happy but from that day on there was no problem reserving chairs at the pool. The pool is small with limited seating but very nice and you had to reserve a chair early or you wouldn't get one. I have no problem reserving chairs but more of a problem of people who reserve them and don't show until mid afternoon to use them. The pool bar was nice but the bartenders were slow. They did have waiters/waitresses serving the pool and they were good but they need more workers in both areas. The food was great and the service got better as our 11 days go on. I really enjoyed having no dress code and not having to put long pants on vacation. They do seem to be understaffed and it really showed when a convention or wedding group was in. The Asian restaurant was not interesting to us as far as the menu went and the Italian restaurant was the best with the Mexican and buffet not far behind. As stated earlier they need to expand the main courses at all restaurants. The convention/wedding groups took priority which I didn't feel was right. For 11 days this would be the only suggestions for improvement which in the big picture is pretty small. We have been lucky to have been at least 30 different resorts so far and this one I would go back to if the price remains reasonable. The rooms were nice and clean, the bathrooms a little small but nice. The best part of the day was after dinner. The lobby bar's bartenders know how to work hard and fast. They only have two waitresses and Joelelly and Carolina are super nice and know how to work hard and have great customer relation skills. They serve and make super coffee drinks there until 9:00pm. These two waitresses really made our 11 days seem special. The whole staff was extremely friendly except one reception person. The upper management was non-existenant and it was too bad as I would have loved to make a few suggestions to them to ponder. If there was a way to get to them some of these little things would not have been mentioned. IF you haven't been to Puerto Vallarta you should check it out. Where we were this time the beach was not good but there is a nice area to sit on the resort in the sand. When you get to the airport please avoid all the people after customs (unless you like time share people) and just exit the airport and find your ride. The downtown and off resort is very nice and safe. We walked on the city streets each day. If you walk 10 minutes you will find massages for $25.00 which were professional and good. I would definitely go back to this resort because they strive to fix what they needed to and make your stay good. The conceirge helped resolve any problems and was great to work with. The free wifi all over was a good also.

Room Tip: I would want a room at the 5th floor or higher to see the ocean, otherwise you only get a partial vi...
Dear jeffk15,

It really is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed an excellent stay here with us.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

In each area/department of our hotel we are always striving to meet & exceed guest expectations ensuring that all of our guests do experience the warmth and charm that are so characteristic of our hotel.

We hope to see you back here soon, your home here in Puerto Vallarta.

Best regards,

Francisco Rangel

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa? Share your experiences!