This was my second trip to PVR and I spent a week next door at Los Tules with a group of friends before four nights here. The all-inclusive is relatively new and they have added some venues and I wanted to check it out. The entrance is grand, spacious and beautiful. The rooms are nothing special and certainly not luxurious, except for the soundproofing, which was great, and the marble floors, which are kept impeccably clean. I know. I walked around in white socks and not even a speck of dust or dirt could be found afterwards. 5 stars for cleanliness. The minibar was replenished daily with beer, water and soda, which was also much appreciated. The refrigerator wasn't too cold though, so I wanted ice and had to call for it. Machines on the floors would be a nice touch. And the bed gets a C. Mattress seems old and lumpy. Not too comfortable. Ditto for the pillows. Room 605, check it out. Shocked that the hotel does not provide hair conditioner. I consider conditioner a necessity and have only been to one other hotel in the last hundred or so stays that did not provide it. It is the equivalent of not providing chips and salsa before a meal. Balcony was great and the view spectacular. I loved the pool and the mid-day water aerobics! I really enjoyed the lobby bar and the bartenders, especially Carlos. The bartenders there and at the ceviche bar were very attentive and polite. The bartenders at the pool bar, on the other hand, were anti-social, nasty people and I would fire them all. They ignore many people and push their tip jar at them. I had one drink there, didn't tip, returned a while later and was ignored. Bartender seemed offended when I asked if there was a drink menu and when I asked what blender drinks were popular other than the obvious margarita, daiquiri and colada. I speak Spanish and he said that he didn't have time to discuss it and when I made up my mind to order. Certainly not a Sandals resort. I would eventually get someone's attention and they would take my order and then wait on others and not bring my drink. I ordered a few times from three different people and after about fifteen minutes, I finally gave up, got out of the pool and went to the ceviche bar. In general, I find the service in Mexico to be over the top pleasant and professional and these amateurs don't fit that image. Apparently, they hate their jobs and people. Other guests I spoke with during my stay complained about the pool bar service as well. Maybe tipping should be prohibited since it is an all-inclusive. After that experience, I avoided the pool bar and tipped for every drink, which shouldn't be necessary. Back to the bright side: the food is amazing. I loved the ceviche! Six kinds to taste every day. The paella was great. The grilled huachinango (snapper) out of this world and so many different sauces and toppings everywhere to put on everything. The tacos pastor were as good as I have ever eaten and the shrimp consumme and the cauliflower soup and the salad bar and the ripe, fresh, succulent fruits at breakfast. The cheeses! I could go on and on about the food. It was as good as any I have ever eaten in Mexico and I have made many trips to many parts. Check out was quick. The bellmen and room service attendants are excellent and the cleaning staff friendly and attentive. All in all, a positive experience, with room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the charm and warmth that have made this destination unique, Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive hotels in Banderas Bay, the second largest bay in the Pacific. With contemporary Mexican architecture, this beautiful construction is perfectly harmonized with a landscape bordered by the mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental and the most beautiful beach in Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana