“Great hotel and better service and hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #9 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Great hotel and better service and hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is just great! Everyone is so gentle and helpful it feels better than home. I go every year and it gets better from time To time. I personally like the service in the pool area, the gym and room
Cleaning

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Polish first
Pico Rivera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was the most pleasant stay at a resort in a long time! The room was beautiful, very clean along with a great view. The Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. The friendly staff at the Chula Vista Restaurant very friendly great food along with a great atmosphere. All of you made our beginning of the day, Great! Thank all of you at Fiesta Americana for making our stay, memorable, we truly felt like part of the Fiesta Americana Family.

See you soon,
Julia Pacheco

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My family got offered a lot of hotels for our trip to PV. The one they pushed the most was Krystal which after a lot of research was not the place we wanted to go. We decided on the Fiesta Americana because it looked nice, clean , and it was close to the beach. We got two rooms one double and one king size one on the 8th floor and the other one the 3rd. Both had great views and had great views. Thanks to the fact that we are in our early 20s they did not push a time share on us but wanted the information of the couple we were traveling with . This stopped after we clearly stated that we did not want to be approached for this again.
Everything about our stay was good, the rooms were clean, and stayed that way for a week. Every night we would get two complementary water bottles. The room service was not that expensive but also not cheap. The people of room service were probably my favorite they were the nicest and were very fast and friendly with anything we wanted.
The pool is very shallow and the bar a bit expensive. The night restaurant is a bit expensive but worth the money because it is really good.
The only complain I had was that they did not respect the $400 hotel credit offer we reserved our rooms with . They said it was only for couples and families which after reading the small print i confirmed that this was false. I did not fight them for this because i honestly did not care but I just found it wrong from their part to put something online when they do not intend to honor it once you check in.

Room Tip: If you are over timeshares just tell them and they will stop :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sausalito, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We loved our stay at this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived to see how beautiful it was. The service was outstanding from the moment we checked in! Room service experience was great. Try their yummy tortilla soup and fajita steak! Breakfast in their restaurant with oceanside views was equally good. Amazing Eggs Benedict and poolside service was so attentive! Our room was comfortable and very clean. We had a gorgeous view of the ocean from our spacious balcony and from our bed.

I highly recommend this hotel while in Puerto Vallarta. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

First trip without our jet setting daughters and my wife picked an excellent place. The concierge she emailed ahead of time to tell him it was our tenth, they gave us a room on the 8th floor looking over the ocean! So romantic and relaxing. We found 3 bugs in our room so far, but they were all dead and removed by the next person who came to clean the room, we are in the jungle after all. I mention the bugs not as a complaint (see my review of the Sheraton in Hawaii for a complaint about bugs) but as a nod to the excellent cleaning staff. They must work tirelessly to keep the rooms clean and given that we are right in the jungle I am thrilled to find only 3 bugs so far. If there were none I would worry I was sleeping on poison or something haha. The WiFi in the rooms sucks if it works at all but again not a big deal because it works so well here by the pool where I am right now. Libertad was kind enough to hget us a cabana for the day and it would be a nice way to spend 350 pesos if we had to, nice and relaxing. Food here is excellent, nachos and tacos so far all tens. Pool side service is quick and the drinks are excellent. Would recommend this to a friend, they pride themselves on customer service here. The time share sharks are not terrible, we bought our own break fast for 30 bucks instead of donating 90 minute as to the presentation, they left us alone after our "tour", we had slept only 2.5 hours at that point and weren't going to have any more time wasted. Love it here, great people, bus is only 6.5 pesos out front quick as a cab, cabs are 80 pesos, save yourself the five bucks and get a drink downtown! Bus driver makes change.

Room Tip: the WiFi in the rooms sucks, if you have a wireless device and are having issues, make sure your wif...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wellington, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is very pretty. Nice and clean and the staff is very courteous. The rooms are spacious and clean. We did not choose the all-inclusive option and found that the prices for the food and drinkds at the hotel were pretty high. We did go to the breakfast buffett one morning and were not that impressed with it. We ate off the resort all the time. There is some really good food (cheap too) to be found. We ate alot of food from the street vendors. The biggest complaint that my husband and I had was with the time share. After traveling for 12 hours, the only thing that we wanted to do was go straight to our room. However, as soon as were were officially checked in, we were lead to some tables to sit at and get the first time share pitch, which we declined. They were also trying to get us to book all of our activities through the hotel. We had already booked our fishing trip in advance, and they didn't seem to happy about that. The day after we checked in, we left the hotel at around 6:30 a.m. to head on our fishing trip and were gone all day. Within 10 minutes of getting back to our room, the phone was ringing with yet another sales pitch for the time share. We felt that we had paid enough for our vacation, that the last place we needed to be repeatedly accosted for time shares was at our own hotel! Another couple of irritations: we were charged for local calls (we called to book our own activities...much cheaper) and we were not allowed to bring in our own food and drinks (soda and candy to snack on).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Astoria, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I'll start with the Pros:

This is a nice hotel with great views of the ocean. The wait staff is really nice and the food is really good. I recommend having a beer with the mahi mahi tacos by the water.

Now for the Cons:

1) If you need to see a doctor while staying at Fiesta Americana, beware of exorbitant hidden fees when you get your bill. I developed a skin rash and food poisoning during my recent trip to PV. (There's a 50/50 chance it was from the "fruiti di mare" seafood with linguine dish I got from room service.) The food poisoning was pretty much gone when I went visit the doctor who resides at Fiesta Americana about the skin rash. He and his assistant told me it would be $500 pesos ($38 US) for the visit. The next day as I was checking out he hit me with a bill of $2300 pesos ($175 US)!! He tried breaking down what the hidden fees were but the math didn't add up. He said that the medication he gave me for my stomach was $600 but I showed him the price tag on the box that said $99 pesos! I had to rush to catch a plane so I didn't have time to speak with a manager about this at the time. However I contacted the hotel about this issue via email and they were basically like "Sorry - we view his services as separate from the hotel so we can't help you). So if you get sick while staying at this hotel be careful of exorbitant hidden doctor fees.

2) The wi-fi is very spotty in the rooms. I had to have someone in their Tech / IT department visit my room twice to help access wi-fi in the room. Her final suggestion was to drag the marble table onto the balcony and use the computer from there (which wasn't convenient). Accessing the wi-fi from the lobby and pool area is fine but just know that you'll likely have issues if you need to access it from your room. This is because the building has thick clay walls that the signal apparently has difficulty getting through.

3) Beware of the infamous time share stalkers at this place. I had a long day getting to this hotel since my airline lost my luggage. When I finally arrived, having one of their time share employees stalk me for the first hour did not help. It took multiple "No thanks" before he finally left me alone.

4) This won't apply to most people but Fiesta Americana's customer support was really slow in responding to my complaints. In the end they weren't able to help resolve any of my issues so I likely won't stay this hotel again. I've been to PV three times and there are too many other good hotels in this area for around the same cost or less.

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the ocean so they're all good. Though 4th floor and up has better views s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!