We stayed here at the Fiesta Americana for eight days. The hotel is located in the hotel zone of P.V, about ten minutes from the airport, and it's a 70 peso cab ride or a 6.5 peso bus ride to downtown in about ten minutes. Prior to arriving I booked, and paid extra for a king bed. Upon check in, which was very slow, I was told no king beds were available. I explained to the man at the check in that I paid extra and was not going to accept any other type of room. He checked with his supervisor and, low and behold we were given a king bed room.The hotels lobby is beautiful, all open air, no doors. It was very pretty. Our room was on the third floor. There were some palm trees blocking the view of the ocean but it was still a nice view of the pool and besides, we never sat on the patio and looked out the sliding doors except in the morning. Service by employees at the check in, restaurants, and bar areas was friendly but nothing exceptional.
Our room was fine. Marble floors and plenty of space. The bathroom was roomy and also had plenty of space. The water pressure in the shower was excellent and very powerful. Room was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The room had a mini bar but everything in it was warm and it wouldn't keep anything cold.The TV was a flat screen and had a few English channels including CNN. Some HBO channels were in English but had annoying Spanish subtitles. Coffee maker in the bathroom but the coffee itself costs extra. The a/c worked good but being very humid out it never seemed to take the dampness out of the room.
The pool area is excellent. It has three fountains shooting out of it and also has a swim up bar. They allow inflatable rafts in the pool too. There's several chaise lounges around the pool, some with big umbrellas. We never had a problem finding a chair. There's also cabana type beds scattered about that rent for 450 pesos for all day. They looked very comfortable. The beach part of the resort was OK. Lots of vendors walking back and forth and a rope on the property keeps them separated from the hotel guests. They are all friendly and a simple no gracias is all that's required if your not interested in anything. The beach had a volleyball net but I never saw anyone using it. Also the beach was very dirty with garbage, not the hotels fault since it's not their property. We stuck with swimming in the pool daily. Near the pool is a small hut for large pool towels and also nearby is a kids activity area. There's no activities for adults and only one speaker in the corner near the pool for playing music.
The bars and bartenders were friendly. The drinks are a bit on the expensive side. Coronas were 41 pesos and margaritas will set you back 80+ pesos. We only ate twice at the hotel. Once at the swim up bar for simple lunch, a hot dog and a salad. Both were good. The other time was on our last day where we had breakfast. We ordered off the menu as the breakfast buffet was very expensive at 240 pesos a person.
Americana Fiesta also has a small toiletry store, business center, exercise room ( which costs extra to use) and wifi that is worthless to use unless your sitting in the lobby. It did work a few times but the pool but never worked in our room. We had no regrets staying here and enjoyed our stay but would probably not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the charm and warmth that have made this destination unique, Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive hotels in Banderas Bay, the second largest bay in the Pacific. With contemporary Mexican architecture, this beautiful construction is perfectly harmonized with a landscape bordered by the mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental and the most beautiful beach in Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana