Great service from arrival through check out.
The weather was perfect and the property has quick access to transportation services to the airport and the marina. We walked on Sunday afternoon to the downtown/Malecon area (a couple of miles walk to "get a feel of the area") but you can take one of the many local buses ($6.50 Pesos) or a cab ride for ~$4.00 Dollars.
We always felt safe and comfortable. No negative experiences to speak of.
The hotel entry lobby is attractive and unique and all lobby services were very good, with Gustavo earning high marks as he helped arrange/ delivery of car rental or taxis.
The whole staff was very friendly and was very accommodating, including the assigning of a quiet, non-smoking, top level floor with a very comfortable king size bed and a great view from the balcony.
The breakfast buffet had a large selection of different types of food, with some delicious Mexican dishes. We appreciated the head chef's (Pepe) efforts to make us feel "at home". He surprised us with a beautiful dessert presentation delivered to our room.
The dinner food was average. The preparation of steaks needs improvement.
The service provided by the staff makes up for the somewhat dated (albeit it very clean) bathrooms.
The gym facilities are very clean, but we did not expect the $6.00 U.S./day/person fee to use it.
The concierge took care of tour arrangements to experience the Rhythms of the night production, which included a one hour or so (each way) boat ride to a neighboring beach (island?) to see a spectacular show and an after dinner on the beach. The boat ride also included all drinks and a very entertaining crew, getting us back to Puerto Vallarta around midnight......this was a fun experience. Many cabs waiting to take you back to the hotel. No worries.
We have vacationed in Australia, Japan, China and throughout most of Western Europe.....and this is the most relaxing vacation we have taken so far. We got the impression that all the locals we met were going out of their way to make us feel comfortable.
All in, very pleasant and great value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the charm and warmth that have made this destination unique, Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive hotels in Banderas Bay, the second largest bay in the Pacific. With contemporary Mexican architecture, this beautiful construction is perfectly harmonized with a landscape bordered by the mountains of the Sierra Madre Occidental and the most beautiful beach in Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana