“Great for a getaway weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 9 sites
Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #12 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
“Great for a getaway weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel for a weekend with my girlfriend and we just had a great and relax time at the Hotel.

People were very friendly and kind, rooms were good and AC was working properly.
Breakfast buffet was OK, nothing too impressive but fine. Nice beach front and great pool, there was only one detail, Pool should be clean all days, i went to swim the last day around midday and there were empty plastic bottles in one side of the pool and some leaves of the trees around. Bartender of the pool bar was not very happy that day we went.

I guess this last 2 things could happen sometimes. Overall 8 of 10.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Polish first
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a wonderful time during our week in the Fiesta Americana (March 22 to 29) and I would go back there in a heartbeat. The room was clean and inviting, and we loved our balcony where we would go out in the morning to drink our coffee and in the evening to enjoy the sunset. I worried that there might difficulty in finding a nice place by the pool during the day and that people would go out early to save the best seats but, in fact, we always found lots of room and could move about to go in and out of the sun as we pleased. The waiters were charming and attentive, too, and so was everyone who worked there – they helped me learn a bit more Spanish! We decided the food in the restaurants was better than anywhere else we went in the city. We especially loved the Italian restaurant, and ate dinner there three times. I had a massage at the spa (I chose inside with Brenda, not outdoors) and it was wonderful. A perfect, restful vacation. We will definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and the location was fine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We recently returned from our 5th stay at the FA (3/22 -3/30). Wow, the entire team should be congratulated on the improvements they have made. This was by far THE BEST stay we have had. We will be back again, I can promise that.

Our check-in was prompt, we arrived around 2:00 and our room was ready. King Room on the Club level, 9th floor, our breakfast, which was included in our rate, was also noted. Our bags were sent directly. This took all of 5 minutes. No attempt to get us to visit a vacation club representative, and for that I say “Thank You.”

The staff is simply wonderful. We laid on the beach every day. The FA has the best stretch of beach in PV. The staff working the beach are the best. Patricia was our server every day, she is simply a gem. Such a sweet lady. I appreciate that the staff worked as a team to assist their guests. Ariel and Rafael personally assisted us as well, they are both so friendly. Be sure to try the spicy peanuts! I have yet to see these in the US, but I will keep looking.

Since our breakfast buffet was included, we ate every day at the Chula Vista restaurant right on the beach. Again, they work as a team. You never need anything – someone is always there to assist you. Our outstanding waiters were Servando, Michael, Eduardo, Marcos, Jesus, Luis, Beas, Edgar, and Bahenn. (you get the idea, teamwork!).

Oh, and a special shout out to Sebastian, who I have mentioned before in my reviews. This concierge has been at the FA for 30+ years. Hector also assisted us with reservations and was very helpful.

The only area for improvement I would have to suggest would be the food service on the 9th floor. I had to complain to management about the lack of support from the Food Service team to supply the food. For 2 days in a row, there was no hot food and no urgency to replenish it. Keep in mind that you do pay a premium to stay on this floor, and since there is food and drink there every day, I’m not sure where the issues were. In other words, they know they need to send the food to the 9th floor, because it is a room/service that is offered 365 days of the year. I will say that upon my complaints (thank you to our concierge Alejandro for addressing), the service improved. They also sent me a plate of fruit and added a 10% discount to my bill. And this is KEY to their turnaround in my opinion. They fell down on the job, they fixed it, and they then offered something to make amends – the FA of old did not do this (read my previous reviews if you doubt me). Their response to the situation made all the difference and we will be back. J

Give this place a try. If you’ve been before, but were disappointed, try again. The location is the best, the staff is the best, the beach is the best you will see in PV.

So even with a few hiccups, I will give them five stars. Way to go FA!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Having been travelling to Puerto Vallarta for over 35 years, going the whole nine yards, Hotels, Time-Share etc. This was our 2nd. year of staying for a month at the Fiesta Americana. And a holiday it was. Upon arrival we were greeted at the conciege desk, and shown to the Registration area. After a minor problem was solved we were shown to our room on the 5th. floor. The next morning, Martin Ranfft, we explained my problem, ( I have a disablity and requre a walk in shower.) He explained nothing was available that day but would be in 2 days. Right on, and in 2 days we were moved. If you have any problems, just ask Martin, and if he cannot be found, just ask anybody and they will find him for you. The next morning we went for breakfast and were shown to our table by Rosalio and he remembered us from last year as did Gume, Max, Paola & Erika. They looked after us every morning. The buffet breakfast was great even though you could order off the Menu. At the lunch bar, they had a terrific menu also and if you wanted something different just ask and they will get it for you. Our thanks to Raphael, Patricia, Carlos, and Mavi who also looked after us on the beach. The food at this hotel is what I would consider Gourmet. Just fantastic and lots of it. We found ordering 1 meal and splitting it just fine. And the staff had no problem doing this for us especially at supper. Be sure to have the shrimp burrito at lunch and try the pizza at supper. 1 is enough for 2. The pool bar was well supplied with everything you could want and staff was also good, thanks to Manual and Omar. Have aready booked for another month next year and can hardly wait. So our sincere thanks to everybody at the hotel especially Martin, Jose Madina and the Concierge Alfonso Rebollo who took the time to repair my mobility scooter after it was damaged in the Van coming back from downtown. To all Gracias, Gracias, Gracias.
Dianne & Wayne Dowling
Toronto Ontario
aka Mr. Dos Equis

Room Tip: Be sure to try and take the local bus downtown.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shelby Township, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was our fifth time to Puerto Vallarta and I would have to say the best ever! We had to make last minute travel rearrangements due to another hotel, but we were able to get the 9th floor with great view. The breakfast and appetizers that were included made it very convenient for us, although we decided to take the Continental Breakfast at the restaurant with better selection and view. The rooms were recently remodeled, and the quality was amazing. I would not change a thing!

The staff really did a fantastic job of making this a fabulous vacation for us. ANGELES, our maid, and LUZ, with kids club, were very friendly and listened to my poor spanish. PARIS and NACHO at the pool were always available to answer any questions you could think of. ANDREA, ALEJANDRO AND CITLALI went above and beyond to try and keep up with the 9th floor demands. The floor was very full and these 3 did a super job keeping up with everything. Could still use more plates and silverware, but I assume the more you put out, the more people take!

Lastly, CARMELLO and his staff at the Beach restaurant CHAULVISTA made us feel very special. The food was great and the service outstanding. The only thing I would suggest is a better quality at the nightly Buffet., but I am not sure if these guys are involved with the Buffet. We ate there twice, and it was ok, but not great.

The location,pool,cleanliness, beds, view, and quality of materials throughout made this a 5 star for us. We will be back!

Room Tip: The 9th floor had the best view. But anything above 4 or 5 will get you above the tree line.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Close to downtown, airport, stores and Marina. Very nice beach. Concierge Hector Ramos very happy to help with any request. Beach service staff of Patricia, Rafael, Mavi, Carlos and Ignacio "Nacho" super attentative. Patricia and Nacho just like family by end of week. Good restaurants within walking distance besides great ones downtown. Pool and beach area great for kids. Felt very safe in Puerto Vallarta,unlike other cities in Mexico, even with the crowds of Holy Week. Junior Suite room has huge patio area with chairs and chaise lounges, very clean and well maintained.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel finished our trip in Grand Style!
Our group found ourselves scrambling for accommodation on one of Mexico's busiest weekends and Janeth not only found us the rooms we needed, and put the cherry on top by offering us the Presidental Suite at a very reasonable cost! This room was .... Quiet, after many days with beach venders,
With our own pool and lounging patio, and the 2 bathrooms with jacuzzi tub and shower for many( lol) we found ourselves in Paradise. And the Food.... Outstanding! One of us celibrated a Birthday in Fiesta Americana Style...all day they spoiled Her! From our continental breakfast to evening appy's and wine everything was incredible!
When we came down from our roof top oasis for dinner we where treated to outstanding service and amazing food!
Yes this is one Hotel I will be retiring to in the future!
And again a big Thank You to Janeth and all the Staff at the Fiesta Americana

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!