“Great stay at Fiesta Americana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Media, Pennsylvania
“Great stay at Fiesta Americana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great stay at Fiesta Americana.Room was very nice and very clean(maid service was excellent) as was the resort in general. Centrally located for excursions and town. Views were spectacular and breakfast buffet was great. Most dining is outdoors and prices were great. About 18.00 US for breakfast buffet and average dinner with wine and a desert to split was about 60-70.00 dollars. Wifi was sketchy but free and always worked in the lobby and public areas. Beach was nice and pool heated. Wished there was a hot tub on the property though. Try a massage under the canopy by the sea. All waitstaff and servers were excellent. Great lunches and drinks by the pool in the afternoon and the prices were very reasonable. Not the most opulent resort, but so clean and beautiful with excellent service. Never had a problem getting pool chairs but resort was not full. Time share solicitors abound and are everywhere including the hotel. Great value, give this hotel a try!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are Ocean Front with a breathtaking view. Fiesta Club level rooms were worth the extra mon...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1,027 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

On February the 21st. My husband and I arrived at your hotel and stayed there for 9 days. Let me say this was by far the most amazing experience and vacation we have ever had at any hotel. We were there with my bosses Rob and Laurie Wren to celebrate my 10th year anniversary of working with them. I can truly say that everyone at the hotel made us feel so welcomed. All the staff there are the kindest and most caring people you will ever meet. I have to mention the the bartenders and waiter at the pool, they made everyday the best. I especially want to thank Abel Perez, Ramon Reteria, Rafael Lopez, Ignacio Jimenez, Esteban Garcia, Manuel Huerta, you all are the best. Laurie and I miss you so much. One other person I have to mention by name Is the concierge at the front of the hotel. I only know his first name, Alfonso. He truly was my life saver more than once. When I couldn't get my room key to work, he was there to help me, when I was on a quest at 2:am in the morning for some good mexican food he made sure to get it for me.He also made sure there always was a taxi for us to take us where we wanted to go and made sure they knew how to get us there. But most of all I so appreciated his kindness and willingness to help anytime of the day or night. When we left I felt as though I was leaving part of my family. We are already planning our next vacation and I can say without a doubt it will be there again. Thank you again!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We chose this hotel because of Tripadvisor reviews and because they had Wi-Fi Internet clearly advertized. The rating is mainly driven by the very very poor internet. We could have peace of mind as I run a business and needed to stay connected.

Pros
- Staff is very nice, professional and we got excellent service everywhere (thanks again to the Fiesta Americana Staff we were really impressed!).
- Hotel is clean and Food is good (but limited with only a buffet in the morning)
- Hotel occupancy was average so we had chairs, umbrella, etc (first time we did have to start hunting for our daily accessories)
Cons
- Wireless router is extremely bad (unstable broadcasting, very limited coverage and poor access). Was used with a DELL PC, BlackBerry Phone (Torch 9810) and iPAD 3. Was forced to continuously go to the business center where the PCs are very slow.
- They allowed people to smoke at the bar where you sit in the pool.
- Beach was not very clean, you feel as if you are walking in an ashtray. It was a Federal beach, not own by the hotel but if you want to swim you have to pass there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the hotel next door having parties every night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Highland, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The service was outstanding. We were especially impressed with Patricia and Diego who served us by the pool and beach. Not only did they take care of all our needs, but they took the time to get to know us personally.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
North East, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel more than 10 times and will return again. The hotel, beach and pool are lovely and maintained impeccably. The number of guests who are repeat visitors are impressive. We enjoy the spacious junior suites on the first floor; they have double closets which open from the bedroom and the spacious dressing room. The commode is in a different room than the shower so the suites are like a four-room apartment. The sun-deck balcony doubles the size of the room and overlooks the pool and ocean. Rosalio, Jesus, Marcus, Gumie and Reny are wonderful in the breakfast buffet. Cinthia makes fresh fruit smoothies of our choice. The concierge staff picks us up at the airport, arranges transportation and day trips and was especially supportive and helpful when illness interrupted one recent visit. The proof of our delight with the Fiesta Americana are two, two-week visits in three months.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Muskegon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great hotel, good location, friendly staff. No complaints here. The rooms and property are well maintained, clean and very comfortable (great beds). We paid extra for the continental breakfast in the morning which was good everyday, very fresh, although the first day we were there we were the only people on that floor so we had to call and remind them we were there.
The property is very secure, great pool/bar area, and they offered daily activites such as water aerobics which was fun. They offer may spa options, I did just the basic 1hr outdoor massage which was great. The food at the hotel is nothing special but it isn't bad. Location wise, the hotel is just a few min cab ride away from the downtown area which has tons of great restuants, shopping and bars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The lobby is BREATHTAKING! it's open air and a palapa which is a thatched type of roof from the fronds of the palm tree, there are lots of buildings that have this type of roof, but to see it on such a grand scale was astonishing. Check in was seamless and wonderful. My dad and I were a teensy bit worried that the opening "talk" with the hotel representative was going to be a sales pitch, BUT it's not she is just letting you know about the hotel, the bars and the restaurants on site. We were on the 9th floor which is the "Club Level". If you upgrade, hold on to your hat! I might be easy to impress, but you are on the top floor of the hotel and you can see for miles in both directions. I was in room 905, but I don't think that there is a bad view in the house. We tried to look and see and there are maybe 2 rooms whose rooms might be partially obscured by trees, but that's it. First floor rooms have a terrace with two loungers and even trade in my opinion for more of a direct shot, but if you are looking for scenery to see get on a higher floor.

my room had a king size bed with king size pillows. Some might say that the beds in Mexico are too firm. I've never been bothered by it. I felt like a little kid sneaking into my parents bed and I enjoyed having the space. The floors are marble and so immaculate they squeak when you walk on them barefoot. The bathroom has a single sink and only a shower, no tub. The toilet has it's own door with frosted glass, in case you need privacy. I was impressed by the water pressure from the shower, which can be a deal breaker in my opinions, but again not disappointed here either. If you are compelled to watch TV, be prepared for only Spanish speaking stations with a few English speaking stations with Spanish subtitles in the mix. Depending on the time of your travel, you may see dolphins and whales out in the bay from your room. We did everyday and it was amazing.

Be sure to spend some time at the Sunset Bar and see Rafael. He's a one man army with a 5-star medal for customer service. What ever you need, Rafael will get it for you and he does it with a smile. The view can't be beat from beach level either. There is minimal interference from vendors and a simple no thank you sends them along. The hotel is at the end of a long row so I am presuming they are pretty beat by the time they make it to the Fiesta Americana, but the vendors are everywhere on the beach. It's a fact you can't escape.

We didn't eat at the property except for the Sunset Bar and through room service so I can't speak to the quality of the restaurants. However, I was VERY impressed at the fact that they offer fresh squeezed juices and as someone who drinks fresh juice every morning, I was SO thankful for a glass of green juice. it's a simple thing, but it made such a difference to me. Joaquin from room service is a delightful and very friendly man who makes sure that you have everything you need. I got scrambled eggs twice which were delicious. The eggs came with beans, hashbrowns and toast. Since we were on the club level, I just went to the continental breakfast for my morning cup of coffee, but according to my Dad it's cheaper to order the carafe from room service.

The property is halfway between the airport and the downtown area. We spent a lot of time in downtown. Los Muertos beach has finished the pier since the last time we were in town and it's gorgeous. Plus it's lovely to walk along the malecon.

I do want to mention a specific experience that my dad had that he just couldn't stop raving about and it sounds like there was another guest who had a similar experience. we got up and headed down to the lobby and were off the property by 10am and didn't return until well after 5pm on a trip to Sayulita (which is also a must see). On the trip up, my dad remarked that he thought he brought more money with him, but shrugged it off be it due to forgetfulness or whatever. When we returned to the hotel, my dad was a little put off because the privacy tag was in his key slot and he specifically remembered not putting that out, BUT as it turns out my dad had left $100 US in cash on his bed. The housekeeper, Ana Rosa, held the money all day and waited for my dad to return to his room so she could give it back to him. Ana had put the privacy tag in the door because my dad had called about his remote not working and she didn't want any of the maintenance crew to slip away with the left out money. My dad was so grateful that Ana went so above and beyond when she could have easily taken the money for her own. This testament is Fiesta Americana in a nutshell. It's a beautiful property with wonderful staff! I recommend it highly!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!