“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Highland, UT
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

The service was outstanding. We were especially impressed with Patricia and Diego who served us by the pool and beach. Not only did they take care of all our needs, but they took the time to get to know us personally.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

1,025 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Polish first
North East, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel more than 10 times and will return again. The hotel, beach and pool are lovely and maintained impeccably. The number of guests who are repeat visitors are impressive. We enjoy the spacious junior suites on the first floor; they have double closets which open from the bedroom and the spacious dressing room. The commode is in a different room than the shower so the suites are like a four-room apartment. The sun-deck balcony doubles the size of the room and overlooks the pool and ocean. Rosalio, Jesus, Marcus, Gumie and Reny are wonderful in the breakfast buffet. Cinthia makes fresh fruit smoothies of our choice. The concierge staff picks us up at the airport, arranges transportation and day trips and was especially supportive and helpful when illness interrupted one recent visit. The proof of our delight with the Fiesta Americana are two, two-week visits in three months.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Muskegon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Great hotel, good location, friendly staff. No complaints here. The rooms and property are well maintained, clean and very comfortable (great beds). We paid extra for the continental breakfast in the morning which was good everyday, very fresh, although the first day we were there we were the only people on that floor so we had to call and remind them we were there.
The property is very secure, great pool/bar area, and they offered daily activites such as water aerobics which was fun. They offer may spa options, I did just the basic 1hr outdoor massage which was great. The food at the hotel is nothing special but it isn't bad. Location wise, the hotel is just a few min cab ride away from the downtown area which has tons of great restuants, shopping and bars.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The lobby is BREATHTAKING! it's open air and a palapa which is a thatched type of roof from the fronds of the palm tree, there are lots of buildings that have this type of roof, but to see it on such a grand scale was astonishing. Check in was seamless and wonderful. My dad and I were a teensy bit worried that the opening "talk" with the hotel representative was going to be a sales pitch, BUT it's not she is just letting you know about the hotel, the bars and the restaurants on site. We were on the 9th floor which is the "Club Level". If you upgrade, hold on to your hat! I might be easy to impress, but you are on the top floor of the hotel and you can see for miles in both directions. I was in room 905, but I don't think that there is a bad view in the house. We tried to look and see and there are maybe 2 rooms whose rooms might be partially obscured by trees, but that's it. First floor rooms have a terrace with two loungers and even trade in my opinion for more of a direct shot, but if you are looking for scenery to see get on a higher floor.

my room had a king size bed with king size pillows. Some might say that the beds in Mexico are too firm. I've never been bothered by it. I felt like a little kid sneaking into my parents bed and I enjoyed having the space. The floors are marble and so immaculate they squeak when you walk on them barefoot. The bathroom has a single sink and only a shower, no tub. The toilet has it's own door with frosted glass, in case you need privacy. I was impressed by the water pressure from the shower, which can be a deal breaker in my opinions, but again not disappointed here either. If you are compelled to watch TV, be prepared for only Spanish speaking stations with a few English speaking stations with Spanish subtitles in the mix. Depending on the time of your travel, you may see dolphins and whales out in the bay from your room. We did everyday and it was amazing.

Be sure to spend some time at the Sunset Bar and see Rafael. He's a one man army with a 5-star medal for customer service. What ever you need, Rafael will get it for you and he does it with a smile. The view can't be beat from beach level either. There is minimal interference from vendors and a simple no thank you sends them along. The hotel is at the end of a long row so I am presuming they are pretty beat by the time they make it to the Fiesta Americana, but the vendors are everywhere on the beach. It's a fact you can't escape.

We didn't eat at the property except for the Sunset Bar and through room service so I can't speak to the quality of the restaurants. However, I was VERY impressed at the fact that they offer fresh squeezed juices and as someone who drinks fresh juice every morning, I was SO thankful for a glass of green juice. it's a simple thing, but it made such a difference to me. Joaquin from room service is a delightful and very friendly man who makes sure that you have everything you need. I got scrambled eggs twice which were delicious. The eggs came with beans, hashbrowns and toast. Since we were on the club level, I just went to the continental breakfast for my morning cup of coffee, but according to my Dad it's cheaper to order the carafe from room service.

The property is halfway between the airport and the downtown area. We spent a lot of time in downtown. Los Muertos beach has finished the pier since the last time we were in town and it's gorgeous. Plus it's lovely to walk along the malecon.

I do want to mention a specific experience that my dad had that he just couldn't stop raving about and it sounds like there was another guest who had a similar experience. we got up and headed down to the lobby and were off the property by 10am and didn't return until well after 5pm on a trip to Sayulita (which is also a must see). On the trip up, my dad remarked that he thought he brought more money with him, but shrugged it off be it due to forgetfulness or whatever. When we returned to the hotel, my dad was a little put off because the privacy tag was in his key slot and he specifically remembered not putting that out, BUT as it turns out my dad had left $100 US in cash on his bed. The housekeeper, Ana Rosa, held the money all day and waited for my dad to return to his room so she could give it back to him. Ana had put the privacy tag in the door because my dad had called about his remote not working and she didn't want any of the maintenance crew to slip away with the left out money. My dad was so grateful that Ana went so above and beyond when she could have easily taken the money for her own. This testament is Fiesta Americana in a nutshell. It's a beautiful property with wonderful staff! I recommend it highly!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Wow! This place is beautiful! The lobby, the pool, the patio, the little shade huts, the multiple dining areas, the wonderful landscaping...

The staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly. The margaritas were fresh! I think we tried all three restaurants and it was some of the best food we had in PV. Delicious and a variety of options.The pool and poolside service was incredible. We loved relaxing at the resort between exploring the town/going out on excursions.

The rooms seemed newly done and were spotless. Lots of closet and drawer space, quality linens, roomy bathroom with impressive water pressure. The view was incredible--you might spot a whale! Room service and turn-down service was awesome. We slept with our balcony doors open every night to the sound of the ocean. The beach at the resort is fine for sun-bathing and splashing around, however, in general, the sand in PV is coarse.

When we first arrived, we sat down with someone who sort of gave us an overview of the resort and the various activities we can book at the excursions desk. There was no membership pitch but it did seem strange and kind of annoying as we were anxious to get to our rooms. Anyway, it did prove to be helpful and it was not even ten minutes.

Also, the excursions desk deals in American dollars (strangely you are charged a conversion fee if you pay in pesos) and most activities are in the $75 range. You may be able to get a better deal in town but we found this to be convenient.

You can grab a bus to the Malecon (boardwalk) for 7 pesos--the stop is right outside of the resort and the ride is short and easy. Or you can take a cab into town for 50 pesos. Wherever you have to go, ask the concierge how much the cab ride should cost first, then set that price with your driver before you take off. Beware: from the airport to Fiesta Americana, it should cost about 80 pesos (car) or 200 pesos (van). We were way overcharged on our way to the resort.

Anyway, I would highly recommend Fiesta Americana and hope to return soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

As you arrive at this wonderful Hotel your breath will be taken away. The open air lobby features a huge lapalapa which draws in the ocean air creating a perpetual soft breeze on even the warmest of days. The architecture was created by artisans mixing marble floors with textures done in polished stones.
A second lapalapa is constructed on the beach and houses a restaurant serving breakfast and lunch. The brunch is my favorite in Puerta Vallarta.
The bus for downtown and tours depart from this location and a major shopping mall is walking distance away. This is a great place for a family or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just got home from a week in one of Pv's best kept secrets, the Fiesta Americana.We stayed on the Fiesta Club's 9th floor. Saw whales and dolphins from the beautiful ocean and pool view balcony. Saw several Humpbacks jump entirely out of the water and make huge splashes. Sunsets were gorgeous and with the Fiesta Club's Wine and Appetizer social hours from 5:00-7:00 we didn't even make it off the balcony a couple of nights. Great Chilean wines and excellent food. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful and many already remember us and expect us back year after year, which will likely happen. Pool was quiet, clean, and the pool waiters very efficient and fun. Excellent pinas, frozen margaritas, and rum punches.Mexico seems to think that Americans like their drinks very strong, so,we had to tell them to go easy on the alcohol content.The beach has really rebounded nicely from the past hurricanes and gets better every year.Housekeeper found a 200 peso bill somewhere on the floor in our room and left it on the bed where we found it upon returning to our room. We chased her down and rewarded her nicely.Can't say enough about PV and our Fiesta Americana. We met many couples that have been staying there for more than 10 years,and we, like them, have no need to stay anywhere else when in PV! A well kept secret and a gem of a resort!!

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!