“Fiesta in it's own eyes!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #13 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Ottawa
“Fiesta in it's own eyes!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Had supper at L'Islos Restaurant with a quiet and nice setting overlooking the pool and was greatly disappointed in the food, despite excellent service by Carmelo and his assistant. Our drinks were poor, lacking in flavour and alcohol, and my margarita likely the worst I ever tasted. The tuna appetizer was nicely presented but lacked flavour until we requested some soya sauce for some punch. My salmon was requested as medium but arrived over-cooked and dry. The dessert sorbet was generous and tasty. Prices were were moderate for the portions and good value so long as the food arrives as ordered.

For more tasty and better prepared fast food and drinks, including margaritas, go to the bamboo hut at the far left corner of the property.

We bought a 7-day pass (7 separate days, not continuous) for the exercise room and enjoyed the clean, scented area, but with small array of exercise equipment. This was preferred over the Gold Gym where it was not well-kept with mold in the shower area and equipment too cramped.

Biggest disappointment was the Internet just doesn't work...sign-in took almost 2-3 hours and service was intermittent to nil. Even staff admitted it doesn't work well and needs constant rebooting.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

1,033 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Polish first
California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent a little over a week at this hotel during the first half of Jan. 2013. Only one day of mild rain which was a nice change from all the sunny days even during the winter. We found the service was excellent, the personnel treated us very well especially Carlos, the beach waiter, who we nick-named Frankie (Frank Sinatra) because of his blue eyes. We really had a great time while we were there, however, bringing food in from the outside to stock the in room refrigerator was discouraged and this was a minor negative.

Location was great, entry way was inviting, unique and distinctive. Maid service was excellent. We had numerous occasions over the time we were there to imbibe more than a few Margaritas and found them to be fairly well proportioned in the Tequilia dept. The food was also pretty good. I would recommend the shrimp burrito but you will probably want to share it with someone.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel and say Hola to our amigo Frankie!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband, 20 month old and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana PV over Christmas. It was a great first experience in another country with a toddler. The hotel staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. By the end of the week many of them were calling my daughter by name. They gave us a crib for her which was very old and rickety, so we ended up just pushing the loveseat in our room up against a bed and she slept well.

The pool was great - not to crowded (though it helped that we were up at 7AM to reserve chairs everyday). The beach was also a great place to hang out and play in the sand, though the water was rough so we didn't go in much. We took the bus into town a few times to try some other restaurants and it felt very safe (I actually didn't think we were going to leave the hotel before we got there, but I never felt nervous about our safety and I'm glad we ventured out).

The food was OK. Not great, and the dinner restaurants seemed a bit overpriced. We did a lot of pool/beach side service which was perfect for us since my daughter isn't at a great age for restaurants.

Overall, I would go back. We're actually considering making this an annual tradition!

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the pool and then the beach (beyond the pool). If you want a view, it's b...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had been to Puerto Vallarta many times, but it is my first stay here. It will not be my last! I just loved the place. Location is great, it is near the downtown (malecon) area, near the Marina, near stores, attractions, everywhere! The lobby is very spacious and the pool and beach are nice.
Gym spacious, SPA is a great place and the prices are fair all over the hotel for the services, food and drinks.
I want to specially thank Mr. Marco, our pool waiter, he was a great guy that had my group extremely well attended and cared for the kids' food, our food and our drinks. Marco is a very good guy, he cared for us three days in a row at the pool, so having a friendly staff is definitely a plus for a place.
The hotel is a five star facility, it has outside a restaurant called La Leche (not part of the hotel) that has delicious food, but you have to reserve a couple days in advance for dinner.
Overall a great Puerto Vallarta experience that I would love to repeat soon.

Room Tip: Junior suites (for example room 116) are a great choice. Spacious, modern and with a nice big terrac...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Loved the location of the hotel, the common areas are very inviting, beatiful palapas and nice pool, beach just across the pool, good food and great service. We stayed 6 nights and we chose the "European Plan" which means we paid for our meals etc. The cleanliness of the pool and the room is excellent, the staff comes by 2 times a day to check if you need towels in your room and offer complimentary water. Good food as well, liked the sample massage you can get as a guest. It's a great hotel that offers plenty of variety and options to either stay in and dine or walk to nearby places for a bite.

There are 3 fountains in the pool and there is a cascade with a small aquarium hosting a variety of fish species and 4 turtles. A nice experience was a when a small turtle found its way to the pool by mistake :) There is also peacocks and all in all a very nice nature atmosphere.

The hotel is just off the main road you can grab a public bus for less than a dollar and it takes 10 minutes to downtown, Malecon (sea shore) where you can dine in great restaurants and have a lot of fun walking the Malecon.

Some suggestions to the hotel: To coordinate the breakfast service better, sometimes we were approached by various waiters and it seemed we had to repeat our orders. Also the cocktails seemed a little diluted. But other than that I would definitely return!

Warning for visitors: Careful with accepting free breakfast offers by "tourist agents" when arriving at the airport they are out to sell time shares

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 5th floor or higher to get a great view of the sea.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've always enjoy my stay at any of the FA properties. This one is a favorite. The staff is always attentive and helpful. Friendly. Food is not always the best but good.

My one complaint is that throughout my seven day stay here, the Internet connection never worked in my room and to was very, very slow to nonexistent in the lobby. This technology is yet to catch up with this property. ¡La Internet esta muy lentisimo!

I went twice for their breakfast buffet. It was crowded and only one line to the food area. I wish they'd figure out how to create two lines. One for the buffet and another one for the omelette or special orders line. Some people were hesitate to "cut" in line to get to the buffet although most people were just standing in line for the omelette station blocking the buffet. Messy at best.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would have given them a 5 if they had fun things to use on the beach like kayaks, boogie boards, a heated hot tub, etc. They had styrofoam noodles for the pool and that was about it. But i give it a 4/5 for everything else (except the surly waitress at the bar near the end of the lobby). My friends looked on tripadvisor for a great deal. I wanted something on the beach and comfortable, not too big with a pool and some dining options. A reviewer on TA suggested going the club level for the easy continental breakfast and evening drinks. I would also recommend that if you get a good deal. It's nice to walk out of your room on the top level of the hotel and grab some coffee and food. It's also great to stroll in around 5p after being at the beach all day and have a nice cold beer and snacks waiting for you. David took really great care of us making sure we had plenty to eat and drink. Our room was on the top level, 9th floor and I actually saw whales from the balcony!!! We opted for the non-inclusive and that is the way to go. You can eat there if you like or go into town. The food at ChulaVista is pretty damn good and the other bars are well staffed so if you are sitting by the beach, you don't have to leave to get a frosty pina coloda or a cold beer and food. It's right on Banderos beach and has a great little swimming area right in front or you can go over to the next hotel and rent kayaks, banana boats, jet ski or parasail. The other thing i really liked about this place was the mix of tourists - not just the boring people who do the all inclusive and never leave. There's a good mix of Mexicans, Europeans and American tourists.If your biological clock is ticking be warned: there are a lot of adorable little kids there and well-behaved i even and in matching little outfits! It will just make you want to have kids!! I can't think of much else to add...great staff, friendly people, nice beach, good food. Go solo or with friends, there are all types of travelers hanging out. And buy something from the vendors that stroll up and down the beach. They are very nice and sell some gorgeous stuff. We got some great jewelry, hats, tableclothes and the camerones on a stick -delicious!!!

Room Tip: If you eat breakfast at ChulaVista know that the serving size is way too large. :) We stayed in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!