“Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd Francisco Medina Ascencio Km 2.5, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #15 of 120 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
California, United States
“Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We spent a little over a week at this hotel during the first half of Jan. 2013. Only one day of mild rain which was a nice change from all the sunny days even during the winter. We found the service was excellent, the personnel treated us very well especially Carlos, the beach waiter, who we nick-named Frankie (Frank Sinatra) because of his blue eyes. We really had a great time while we were there, however, bringing food in from the outside to stock the in room refrigerator was discouraged and this was a minor negative.

Location was great, entry way was inviting, unique and distinctive. Maid service was excellent. We had numerous occasions over the time we were there to imbibe more than a few Margaritas and found them to be fairly well proportioned in the Tequilia dept. The food was also pretty good. I would recommend the shrimp burrito but you will probably want to share it with someone.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel and say Hola to our amigo Frankie!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

955 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
Alameda, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband, 20 month old and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana PV over Christmas. It was a great first experience in another country with a toddler. The hotel staff was VERY friendly and accommodating. By the end of the week many of them were calling my daughter by name. They gave us a crib for her which was very old and rickety, so we ended up just pushing the loveseat in our room up against a bed and she slept well.

The pool was great - not to crowded (though it helped that we were up at 7AM to reserve chairs everyday). The beach was also a great place to hang out and play in the sand, though the water was rough so we didn't go in much. We took the bus into town a few times to try some other restaurants and it felt very safe (I actually didn't think we were going to leave the hotel before we got there, but I never felt nervous about our safety and I'm glad we ventured out).

The food was OK. Not great, and the dinner restaurants seemed a bit overpriced. We did a lot of pool/beach side service which was perfect for us since my daughter isn't at a great age for restaurants.

Overall, I would go back. We're actually considering making this an annual tradition!

Room Tip: All of the rooms face the pool and then the beach (beyond the pool). If you want a view, it's b...
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I had been to Puerto Vallarta many times, but it is my first stay here. It will not be my last! I just loved the place. Location is great, it is near the downtown (malecon) area, near the Marina, near stores, attractions, everywhere! The lobby is very spacious and the pool and beach are nice.
Gym spacious, SPA is a great place and the prices are fair all over the hotel for the services, food and drinks.
I want to specially thank Mr. Marco, our pool waiter, he was a great guy that had my group extremely well attended and cared for the kids' food, our food and our drinks. Marco is a very good guy, he cared for us three days in a row at the pool, so having a friendly staff is definitely a plus for a place.
The hotel is a five star facility, it has outside a restaurant called La Leche (not part of the hotel) that has delicious food, but you have to reserve a couple days in advance for dinner.
Overall a great Puerto Vallarta experience that I would love to repeat soon.

Room Tip: Junior suites (for example room 116) are a great choice. Spacious, modern and with a nice big terrac...
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Loved the location of the hotel, the common areas are very inviting, beatiful palapas and nice pool, beach just across the pool, good food and great service. We stayed 6 nights and we chose the "European Plan" which means we paid for our meals etc. The cleanliness of the pool and the room is excellent, the staff comes by 2 times a day to check if you need towels in your room and offer complimentary water. Good food as well, liked the sample massage you can get as a guest. It's a great hotel that offers plenty of variety and options to either stay in and dine or walk to nearby places for a bite.

There are 3 fountains in the pool and there is a cascade with a small aquarium hosting a variety of fish species and 4 turtles. A nice experience was a when a small turtle found its way to the pool by mistake :) There is also peacocks and all in all a very nice nature atmosphere.

The hotel is just off the main road you can grab a public bus for less than a dollar and it takes 10 minutes to downtown, Malecon (sea shore) where you can dine in great restaurants and have a lot of fun walking the Malecon.

Some suggestions to the hotel: To coordinate the breakfast service better, sometimes we were approached by various waiters and it seemed we had to repeat our orders. Also the cocktails seemed a little diluted. But other than that I would definitely return!

Warning for visitors: Careful with accepting free breakfast offers by "tourist agents" when arriving at the airport they are out to sell time shares

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the 5th floor or higher to get a great view of the sea.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've always enjoy my stay at any of the FA properties. This one is a favorite. The staff is always attentive and helpful. Friendly. Food is not always the best but good.

My one complaint is that throughout my seven day stay here, the Internet connection never worked in my room and to was very, very slow to nonexistent in the lobby. This technology is yet to catch up with this property. ¡La Internet esta muy lentisimo!

I went twice for their breakfast buffet. It was crowded and only one line to the food area. I wish they'd figure out how to create two lines. One for the buffet and another one for the omelette or special orders line. Some people were hesitate to "cut" in line to get to the buffet although most people were just standing in line for the omelette station blocking the buffet. Messy at best.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I would have given them a 5 if they had fun things to use on the beach like kayaks, boogie boards, a heated hot tub, etc. They had styrofoam noodles for the pool and that was about it. But i give it a 4/5 for everything else (except the surly waitress at the bar near the end of the lobby). My friends looked on tripadvisor for a great deal. I wanted something on the beach and comfortable, not too big with a pool and some dining options. A reviewer on TA suggested going the club level for the easy continental breakfast and evening drinks. I would also recommend that if you get a good deal. It's nice to walk out of your room on the top level of the hotel and grab some coffee and food. It's also great to stroll in around 5p after being at the beach all day and have a nice cold beer and snacks waiting for you. David took really great care of us making sure we had plenty to eat and drink. Our room was on the top level, 9th floor and I actually saw whales from the balcony!!! We opted for the non-inclusive and that is the way to go. You can eat there if you like or go into town. The food at ChulaVista is pretty damn good and the other bars are well staffed so if you are sitting by the beach, you don't have to leave to get a frosty pina coloda or a cold beer and food. It's right on Banderos beach and has a great little swimming area right in front or you can go over to the next hotel and rent kayaks, banana boats, jet ski or parasail. The other thing i really liked about this place was the mix of tourists - not just the boring people who do the all inclusive and never leave. There's a good mix of Mexicans, Europeans and American tourists.If your biological clock is ticking be warned: there are a lot of adorable little kids there and well-behaved i even and in matching little outfits! It will just make you want to have kids!! I can't think of much else to add...great staff, friendly people, nice beach, good food. Go solo or with friends, there are all types of travelers hanging out. And buy something from the vendors that stroll up and down the beach. They are very nice and sell some gorgeous stuff. We got some great jewelry, hats, tableclothes and the camerones on a stick -delicious!!!

Room Tip: If you eat breakfast at ChulaVista know that the serving size is way too large. :) We stayed in the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I traveled over new years and the Fiesta Americana was good but not great. My family and I had two rooms. Only one was ready when we checked in so we all went up and dropped our luggage off in that room. About 1 hour later the other room was ready. The second room however was directly across from the elevators and 9 rooms down from the other room. We requested to be switched to another room and although they had previously told us that the hotel was full, found us another room 4 doors down from the other room.
Our neighbors were quite noisy and would blast the TV late at night and would take long showers in the morning (all of which you could hear in our room).
We went to the hotels New Years Eve party and had a blast. It was a little pricy but well worth it. Our tablemates were wonderful and together we all had fun. I'm not sure what the other guests would say about the party if they had not been there because it was loud and went until 2:30am, even though the hotel had said it ended at 1am. It took place outside on the pool deck with a live band and a DJ during their breaks. The staff were wonderful and left the open bottles of wine on our table as the night wound down and people began to leave. We then went next door to Friendlys and kept on partying until they kicked us out.
The beach is nice and the sand is much softer at the Fiesta Americana than at other hotels, but swimming in the ocean was not possible. There cabanas and chairs but to get one you had to go down around 8-8:30am in order to stake one out. (There are signs around that say no reserving chairs/ cabanas but no one follows that). The pool has a nice kids area that is shallow but also gets deep near the bar. There is loud music playing during the afternoon on the pool deck, and there is bingo everyday.
Our room was very clean and the maid was making creatures or other designs out of the linens. The bathroom was fairly large but had no fan so when showering the whole bathroom would turn into a sauna-- so we started to leave the bathroom door open when showering. Our belcony overlooked the pool and ocean with the mountains in the back.
It seemed that everytime we needed a taxi so did everyone else. We would end up being the last people in line and would have to wait anywhere from 5 mintues to 15 for a cab to come and pick us up. We were a group of five but gave up on trying to get a big cab so we all squeezed into a 4 person cab.
I got a massage on the beach at sunset which was very nice, and the price was great! So if you are coming from the states I definitely recommend it.
One last thing: they don't allow any outside food into the hotel. According to the hotel it is for your own safety, because all of the food they serve is imported, purified etc. To me it seems like they want you spending all of your money there and no where else. This didn't stop us from going to the grocery store down the street and bringing back our breakfast in a big tote bag.

All in all the hotel was nice, but it just wasn't amazing. The music was louder somewhere else, the food was just a little bit better somewhere else, the pool was bigger somewhere else. You get the idea.

Room Tip: They all have good views of the ocean, but stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!