We stayed on a Groupon package for five nights. Our first room was OK but not the best view. A single request to our concierge, Jorge, resulted in a transfer to a room that we loved! The package included a gourmet cooking lesson with their chefs, which we enjoyed preparing at the outdoor restaurant, then eating at a table in the sand that was specially prepared for us upon request (we were offered a choice of locations where we could dine). The facility was clean, modern and definitely what one should expect at the 4.5 star quality tier. As I was advised prior to my trip, if you want an extra spectacular view, request something at least 6th floor or higher and on the NORTH wing, which faces both the ocean and gives you a view of the center of town to the south. The nighttime lights are most visually stimulating from that location. You may be charged a few dollars more for a higher floor...it's worth the view.
Some previous reviews mentioned minor dissatisfaction with service received. My experience was that by handing out a few dollars here and there (between $2 and $10, depending on the particular service enjoyed), the staff would bend over backwards continuing to please me. So let a couple of dollars flow here and there and you too should enjoy the positive experience that we did.
The large pool offers plenty of room to take in the sun's rays (sun protection, beware!). The beach was clean and roped off to protect tourists from the numerous vendors who would otherwise approach guests to purchase their wares. However, if you see something you like, it was my understanding that guests are allowed to invite individual vendors inside to have a closer look at their inventories, rather than get up and walk over to them. I did not personally try it but that is what I had read previously.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Fiesta Americana
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the charm and warmth that have made the Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta a unique destination, and live the experience at one of the best hotels in Puerto Vallarta. The Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta is situated on the Bahía de Banderas, the second largest bay in the Pacific Ocean. With contemporary Mexican architecture and beautiful, recently-modified construction harmonizing perfectly with a landscape flanked by the mountains of the Western Sierra Madre and Vallarta's most beautiful beach, the Fiesta Americana invites our guests to enjoy relaxing surroundings like the open-air lobby palapa, a large waterfall, beautiful rooms, and comfortable suite all in the most restful and serene atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.