“Beautiful, serene, relaxing & rejuvenating!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
SF Bay Area
“Beautiful, serene, relaxing & rejuvenating!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

If you want to relax and be pampered, choose Casa Velas.
This place has great service and the atmosphere is wonderful.
The location is very convenient, right in Puerta Vallarta and 5 minutes from the airport.
There are pretty koi fish and turtles swimming in the ponds surrounding and within the property. Even a couple of beautiful peacocks strutting around. The staff was very accomodating, anything you want they are there to please. Swimming pool was clean and clear, beautiful and inviting. They have a world class spa and good beauty salon that I took advantage of. The hotel is not directly on the beach, but only 3 minutes away by hotel shuttle. There are 2 sister hotels, Velas Vallarta and Grand Velas, that are close by and we were able to use there facilities also. The beach club offers private beach access to all guests. Casa Velas is a small resort hotel, 84 rooms. That is why service is excellent. BTW, the golf course is right next to the property. I do not play golf so I cannot rate the course.
The restaurant was fabulous and we had great meals at the hotel. The wine list was good too, although we shipped 6 bottles of our own wine with us for the trip.
Give this place a try if you want to relax and be pampered.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, April 13, 2010
Dear Guest:

As General Manager of Casa Velas Hotel Boutique I really want to thank you for giving us the opportunity to pamper you during your recent vacation, it was an honor to have you here.

Your vacation experience is the greatest motivation to all of our staff, and the inspiration to continue with our mission of trying to always exceeding our guest’s expectations.

One of the new activities that we offer are the golf clinics, you should try them on your next visit , it will be the perfect way to start your day and right after enjoy a well deserved massage at the spa followed by early dinner at Emiliano’s.

On behalf of the staff and myself ,we hope you could give us the opportunity to be your host again in a near future and exceed your expectations once more.

Pierre Yves Bonin
”YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We stayed at Casa Velas for a week in March, and before that we stayed during Christmas and New Years '09. As we stated in our January review - this hotel is absolutely perfect for an adult vacation. It is a very tranquil, peaceful resort - the grounds, the suites, the ammenities are all first class. We enjoyed several relaxing massages on the beach, and excellent facials at the spa. The food is wonderfully prepared and presented- and the new additions since our last trip were great - we enjoyed the tableside preparations of pepper steak, tequila prawns, and lovely flambe desserts. However, what continues to set this resort apart from others is the outstanding service. From the time we arrived, we were addressed by name, and most of the staff remembered us from Christmas - Benny (the bartender) even had our "usual" drinks (grey goose martinis) ready for us before we ordered! The service at the restaurant and Beach Club was excellent (with special thanks to Hugo, Jose Luis, Bernardino and Alejandro at Emilianos, and Hector, Ramon, Jorge, Alan and Erica at the Beach Club). Raymundo and his staff are so accomodating, and do what it takes to make sure each and every guest is treated like royalty. We enjoyed meeting the General Manager, Pierre Bonin at the Manager's Cocktail Party, as well. And last, but not least - our wonderful bellman and driver, Ruben, who was always there when we needed him! Casa Velas has truly become our "Home Away from Home" ... and we are already looking forward to our next stay at Christmas!

northern michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

The hotel setting, staff, amenities and food were terrific. Very lovely grounds and design. Also of benefit is that the property is limited to those 16 years and older- agood break from the other properties.

Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

The Casa Velas experience is difficult to put in words. Although we read all of the glowing reviews for Casa Velas, in no way were we prepared for the level of quality and service we experienced there last week. VIP transfers to/from the airport, exquisite spacious suite, exceptional cooked-to-order gourmet meals, first-class spa, and outstanding, professional employees. Beatriz, Alexis, Liliana, Hector, Freddy and Daniel redefine customer service. Thank you Casa Velas for a first class experience~we hope to be able to visit again soon!

One question for management~Casa Velas is all~inclusive, why is it necessary for guests to "check-out" at Emiliano's and the AquaBar?

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
Dear guest,

First of all I will like to thank you for taking the time of sharing your comments about your fantastic getaway experience.

On behalf of Beatriz, Alexis, Hector, Liliana, Freddy , myself and the rest of the staff, we would like to let you know that it was a honor being part of these magical moments.
This type of reviews give us the certainty that our constant training programs and compromise to fulfill and succeed our guests expectations, give them the confidence to come back to their home away from home, even though it’s just for a quick lunch or a couple of Benny’s famous margaritas.

Once again we will like to thank you for sharing your experiences and we look forward to see you again soon.

Pierre Bonin
Casa Velas Hotel Boutique
Your home away from home
matlock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

We were looking for an top end resort in PV to spend a week of R & R. Some years ago we stumbled onto The Hotel Bel Air and loved it. the Bel Air name is long gone but it is now Hotel Casa Velas. During our extensive search up came a picture of the swimming pool and we knew we had found this once lost treasure. We knew the Hotel was great but boy oh boy it is now really great. Never in our forty years of travel have we expereinced such fine dining and caring staff. All meals were GT quality. Days spent lounging around the pool were enhanced by Hector and his attentive mates. No glass was ever empty.
the Spa staff were a very soothing crew that made a common splitz and shower pure luxury. The grounds are perfection right down to resident peacocks. The Cuban band an unexpected pleasure. Suites are spacious, room service always timely. Much nicer to have a friendly face with coffee and juice at 7 am than our usual clanging alarm clock.
A couple of mimosas with breakfast is very civilized.
I could go on and on - oh, the Beach Club. I'll let another guest rave on about that little slice of heaven.
Well done Casa Velas, you will see us again soon.
Terrence and Jane

Dear Terrance and Jane,

As General Manager of Casa Velas Hotel Boutique I really appreciate my client’s observations. I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experiences about your resent stay.

Our goal is creating the perfect ambiance for extreme comfort and relaxation and we are always very pleased when we accomplish this mission. I will personally let Hector and the spa crew know your comments. This represents a major factor of motivation and inspiration to all the staff.

In the name of all Casa Velas Hotel Boutique employees, we would be more than glad to have the opportunity to pamper you again listening to the Cuban band with a couple of mimosas at the pool and then prepare the setting with candles, rose petals and soft music for a romantic dinner in your suite.

Come back soon to your home away from home.

Pierre Yves Bonin
”YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Port Hope, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2010

Shame on me for delaying the writing of this review. My husband and I visited Casa Velas Jan 02-16, 2010 and had a fabulous experience, and I should have shared that sooner. To be truthful, there are so many amazing reviews on CV, that it feels a bit redundant! Nevertheless, let me give you the details, in case you are going and still feel that you need more info.

Arrival. Walk directly through the “Shark Pit” at the airport. Regardless of what they tell you – do NOT stop and engage. They are there for one purpose only – to hook you into a time sharing meeting. They will absolutely and unequivocally lie to you, and tell you ‘yes, we represent your hotel’ and ‘yes, we are your arranged transportation’ and in fact, they are not. So just walk through this area and into the main area of the airport. As you exit the pit, on your right you will see all of the people waiting to greet arrivals, and within that group, you will also see people holding up signs. This is where your arranged transportation will be. Provided they waited for you. Nothing against the hotel, but this is really the weakest link in an otherwise outstanding vacation experience. We had arranged transportation, and even though we got through customs quickly, got our luggage right away, the shuttle had left. Apparently someone from another flight was there, so they took them instead. Don’t stress about this – it’s a cheap cab ride to the hotel (under $20), and it would have been less confusing to have just done that from the start.

Check-in was short and efficient. They greet you with a drink and a seat in the lobby if the two reception desks are occupied. Stephan, the time share rep will greet you and keep you talking until they can check you in. He is very nice, but remember, it’s his job to try and sell you time sharing. Just say no if you don’t want to go to a meeting – or if you aren’t sure, just delay it until you’ve spent some time at the resort. You can always find him there to arrange for a meeting. Back to the check-in. Easy, swift, and if you are lucky enough to get Ruben as your bellman – you are in for a treat! He is an amazing person, and I would love to have him work for me here in Canada! What an amazing example of stellar customer experience! We love you Ruben (even if your father did name you after a sandwich  - that was from Jim!).

Rooms are great – we had a ground floor room, and asked for a second floor, and changing was no issue. In fact, Raymundo (not sure of his title, but something like guest services manager?) was amazing and patient. He was happy to show us several rooms, until we found one that was perfect. That makes us sound incredibly picky – but why not have every single thing that you love, since the options were there to choose from? Our first room was large, and had a full living room area, dining table, bedroom area, Jacuzzi, outdoor full sized table and chairs on a patio, and a step down to a second patio area with a plunge pool. All surrounded by hedge, to ensure privacy. We changed to a room that was a bit smaller, but equally opulent, with a plunge pool on the balcony. Beds were very comfortable, amenities were great, mini bar stocked daily – nothing to concern yourself with at all. (we went with RCI if any of you are wondering what kind of room you’ll get).

Pool is fantastic, and that is really saying something, since I’m a beach person. It was quiet, tranquil, the staff was wonderful and attentive, the lounge chairs and beds were very comfy, and drinks and food were served right to your chair. It couldn’t get any better than that. If you are a party person, this is just the wrong place for you. The fun is in getting to know all the guests – and we likely were one of those people who had a little ‘too much fun’ and disturbed others, but truthfully, everyone seems to chat and enjoy each others’ company, so I don’t think we bothered anyone! In fact, everyone had such a good time, that 10 or 12 of us who met at the resort discussed meeting there at the same time every year!

Beach. Don’t be put off by the shuttle to the beach. It’s just a short walk if you are energetic enough to do it (you walk around the golf course) maybe 10 minutes – or a shuttle ride of about 2-3 minutes. And Ruben and Alexis (looks like Stephen Segal!) are so entertaining that you’ll want to ride the shuttle back and forth, just to engage with them! The beach itself is small, but excellent. No worries about the saving of cabanas – we got there at 10:00 most mornings, and were always the first there! In fact, the most crowded day had 6 people on the beach! The pool at the beach normally had another half dozen or so people, and that was it! So definitely not an issue. Lunch is great – and Alan is an amazing Captain (was promoted from waiter when we were there!) and will surprise and delight you with wonderful drink concoctions to your heart’s content. *A special note here. This hotel has hired the most beautiful women that I have ever seen. Everyone that we met said the same thing. This is the case throughout the resot. At reception and concierge (hi Ana and Diane!) and in the restaurant, and at the beach. Erica is stunning, and could easily be a model. I would be remiss if I didn’t mention this, as it is part of painting the picture of ‘perfection’ that the hotel represents. When you go to sit at either pools, or at the beach, just pause for a moment and wait. Within a minute, you will have someone there with an ice bucket with two bottles of cold water, as well as towels. No need to scurry around, or wonder how to get comfortable. They will also move the chairs if you like – in fact, just ask if something is not to your liking, and they will accommodate you.

If you are facing the ocean, to the left is a hotel, and at the rock break wall walk away from the ocean about 40 steps, and you’ll see a little turtle hatchery. If you are lucky, some with hatch and you can be a part of the release activity! You will find that the vendors walk by you regularly on the beach – but a polite no is all that you need to say, and they move along. I must admit – I didn’t say no that often – I bought quite a lot of stuff, and negotiating is a big part of the fun! A note on negotiating – don’t insult the vendors by going too low. I heard many people offering $5 for a silver bracelet etc., when you’d have paid $60 at home for the same thing. Look for deals, but don’t insult the vendors. They are usually on target to end up somewhere between 30% – 50% off of what they initially ask (depending on the product, and vendor). Have fun, but show the respect that these hard working vendors deserve. I think I put Pepe’s kids through school, I bought so much from him – he’s amazing, and his product is good – so say hi from me if you see him! You can’t miss him, he’s the only size 4XL out there! If he doesn’t wander by, just go over to the umbrellas on your left, it’s a bit of a shopping area for the vendors to rest in between trips down the beach, and he’ll be there. By the way, if you don’t see something ask for it! I wanted a large 30” silver chain for my husband (also a 4XL!) and Pepe’s son immediately got it for me. I was still able to barter, but truthfully, my heart wasn’t in it. His starting price was less than half what I would have paid in Canada – but I felt compelled to play the game, and we both walked away happy. I also asked Pepe how I could get a silver bracelet for my husband – his wrists are large, and a ‘normal’ size wouldn’t fit – and Pepe had me choose the design, and then he promptly took it to his son, who took two bracelets and made it into one – sized perfectly – within a half an hour. I got rings, bracelets and chains that were never on display – but by asking, a whole new world of silver opened up for me! (yes, it’s real silver…just look for the stamp). Whoo Hoo – I had a blast and didn’t spend a lot. Morale of the story – if you don’t see it, just ask for it!

As you can tell, I could go on and on, but the truth is that this is a fabulous resort with outstanding service. The spa is also great! Yes, I went to Velas Vallarta – no thanks. Kids and packed pool areas are not my cup of tea. The restaurants were a nice switch if you stayed for two weeks like us, but for one week – you can’t possibly eat your way through the fabulous food/menu at Emilio’s at CV, so stay there. We have stayed twice at Grand Velas, and would always welcome a visit there, but we just never got around to it. You’d enjoy it if you decided to go. All in all, an excellent hotel for a quiet, relaxing and restful vacation. If you want activity at the beach or pool, try a different place. Two weeks was a bit long here, because it was so quiet, but the staff made the stay so much fun, that we didn’t notice. Raymundo, you are the best, and ensure that everyone has the best possible experience. Ruben, we love you, and I have your picture in our living room (remember, the one you made me promise not to post on Trip!). Manuel, Jim misses your conversations at 5:00 am, and says you are the best ever at customer service – and all the best to you and ‘you know who’ (wink wink). You are amazing. Thanks to everyone at Casa Velas for a fantastic vacation. You set the standard for all others to achieve.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Oban, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

I simply don't know where to start with this review. It has all been said before and rightly so.
We have been lucky enough to have had many wonderful trips in our time together, but we have never experienced anywhere as special as this hotel. We can not find a single negative comment about the hotel or the staff, it truly is a wonderful place to spend your hard earned vacation time. The hotel responded perfectly to every request we made, from the first email to the day we flew home, they could not have been any more helpful.

The room we had (503A) was in perfect condition and was superbly comfortable. It had everything we could have needed and both of us slept incredibly well. The bathroom is perfectly well appointed and we enjoyed the wonderful shower. We experienced a minor problem with the shower, but the hotel had it fixed within 30 minutes of reporting it to them.
Our room had a plunge pool outside which we enjoyed, but to be perfectly honest it was rather in the shade and we liked looking at it more than getting into it.
The food was first class, and we have no complaints at all. We ate breakfast on our patio via room service every morning and we loved it. The omelets were fantastic.
Lunch beside the pool was a treat and so tasty, that we never felt the need to venture to the dining room at lunch. Dinner was way beyond our expectations and we looked forward to it every night. We also ate at the beach club for some lunches and twice for dinner, and we think it is a must do. We loved eating so close to the breaking waves on the beach. Room service dinner was all we could manage one evening and this too was very good.
The real reason this hotel stands out above any other we have stayed in is the staff. The team at Casa Velas are so wonderful. I can only assume that it is a combination of the manager hiring lovely people and then providing them with world class training. They are always attentive but never overbearing, so we say congratulations to the manager for succeeding in leading the best team we have ever seen.

The only thing we did not enjoy during our stay was a visit to the much heralded Grand Velas for dinner. You get a courtesy shuttle there, but not home, so make sure you take cash for a taxi. In our opinion however you would do much better to forget visiting the Grand Velas completely. The food we ate in their Mexican dining room was very poor and the place had a manic feel to it, as well as noisy children at 9.30pm. We were glad to get "home" to the Casa Velas.

One observation I would like to make is that this is not the hotel for you if you like to over indulge and make a lot of noise around the pool with your friends. I am sorry to say there were some people there during our stay who did and they really took the edge away from our experience. This is not the fault of the hotel, just that of people who had no consideration for their fellow guests.

My advice if you are looking here now, stop looking and go and book it, you will love it.

Thank you to all of the team and the manager at Casa Velas

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!