Small resort that bills itself as a boutique hotel -
On the positive side, we found the food to be excellent and the hotel was not crowded-it only has 80 rooms. Plenty of pool spots.
On the negative side
1. you are very close to the airport and jet noise can be quite loud during take-offs.
2. The pool is solar heated. It doesn't get very warm in January. There is no hot tub at the main pool. You have to take a hotel shuttle to visit their beach front area where the pool was warmer.
3. Room maintenance was poor. Our air conditioner kept shutting off - never did get it fixed properly, light bulbs in the bath had to be replaced, toilet connection to the water tank leaked and had to be replaced, around the pool everyday workman were doing some sort of masonry work which was very noisy.
4. Last but not least there were two unauthorized charges made against our room from their restaurant and their bar. They took the charges off after I refused to sign for them. After every meal or serving of drinks the staff bring you a receipt to sign even though its an All Inclusive resort. I asked them why they did this and got a bogus story about inventory control etc.. The real reason is so they they can ask you for additional tips even though gratuities are included in the All Inclusive rate. My advice is to sign nothing-absolutely nothing because then they can't doctor the receipt or claim that you authorized the additional charge. Its a shady practice at best and made the experience less enjoyable overall. I've stayed at several All-Inclusive places and never was asked to sign for anything. Thats the point of going there so you don't have to deal with bills etc.. We tip using cash and that should be good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique