“ULTIMATE GETAWAY!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“ULTIMATE GETAWAY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We were blown away by Casa Velas! If luxury, quiet and relaxation are what you're after, this place can't be beat. We stayed in a jaw-dropping four bedroom suite overlooking the pool and were greeted at check-in by a live mariachi band. Unforgettable! The property is impeccably groomed and the service is exceptional. We were charmed by the peacocks and turtles on site. Be sure to feed them some cookies from the lobby....they love sweets! Also, you've got to experience the main pool...it's like swimming in a bathtub. Casa Velas gets our very highest recommendations. We will be back and are are eager to check out their sister property in the Riviera Maya, Grand Velas!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your lovely words on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you found all of the aspects of your stay to be to your great liking. The various details that you describe really help to set us apart from the rest and as you say: “quiet relaxation” is our specialty. I am particularly pleased that the experience “blew you away” in such a way that you will now try our sister resort in Playa del Carmen. I hope that that journey to Grand Velas will be equally “jaw dropping” and that all your future vacations be as memorable. Thank you again and we hope to see you back here in Casa Velas also. Take care and fine greetings to you in Atlanta.

moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Lane Cove, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was a truly amazing experience, neither Christine or myself could not say one single bad thing about this beautiful place. The service from all staff was impecable especially Freddie the barman at the pool, if you needed anything all you had to do was think it & it was done for you.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Tim and Christine for thinking of us after all these months. It honors us to know that we are your yearly vacation destination and that you still remember your last stay with us back in September. One of our goals is to be proactive and one step ahead of our guest´s needs and desires and you and your lovely wife were witnesses to that. Freddie and all of the 130 Casa Velas employees look forward to pampering you on your next visit. Thank you again for sharing your pleasant thoughts and we wish you all the best for this summer. Take care Tim and Christine.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I expected a pretty hotel in a lovely part of Mexico. But what I got at Casa Velas, Puerto Vallarta, was great service, a stunning lobby, a chef who really knows how to cook and prepare photo op meals and all were excellent. Something unexpected was the ambience among the other guests - truly enjoyable.

Room Tip: I rarely stayed in the room since there was too much to do e.g. golf, shopping in the hotel, visitin...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Barbara it pleases us immensely that we were able to create a resounding “wow” from you as a result of your May visit with us. The ambience that you enjoyed is exactly what we wish to provide through our friendly and professional service and of course our gastronomic creations. My executive chef Juan Luis Ruelas will be absolutely delighted when I show him your wonderful expressions to his great work. Barbara, I hope that in the close future you will find the opportunity to revisit us and relive the fine experiences that you found on your first visit. Take care and special regards to beautiful Toronto.

Temple, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I enjoy going to adult, all inconclusive resorts. July 2014 had us staying at Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Overall I would give the resort 5 Stars ... great rooms, quaint, quiet, swim up pool bar, customer service supreme, great restaurant (although lacking on variety). We were warmly greeted by Jorgue who became our best friend during the week ... this was not a one shot deal ... it lasted the entire week. Others were equally attentive to our desire for rest, relaxation and the enjoyment of the Puerto Vallarta culture. Concierge Rangoll was #1 as were all of the customer service oriented Casa Velas team members.

We also had access to the sister resort on the beach, Velas Vallarts, as well as the absolute fantastic Casa Velas Beachfront Restaurant, pool, and beach. WOW ... our "discovery" of the Beachfront made this a trip to remember.

First, the opportunity to lay by the pool and soak up some rays ... to walk out on the beach and swim in the bay ... to "shop" the different vendors up and down the beach under small tents, or who bring their wares to you. It was a unique experience.

The food and service, whether lunch or dinner, was definitely the best of the best of the best. Restaurant manager Marco went out of his way to not only greet and be of service to my wife and I, but also to every guest who took the short shuttle ride over.

So many to thank for the experience of a lifetime. We definitely will go back.

Room Tip: We had a ground level room ... nice living room space, very spacious and most comfortable bed, nice...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Rod for the fine description of your recent stay with us. As experienced adults only travelers your words are doubly satisfying and to be considered “over the top” makes us as a team very proud. As you mentioned Rod we take great strides to provide that personal and professional attention towards our valuable guests. As a boutique resort we wish to become familiar with each and every individual in order to best serve their needs and wants. Jorge and Rangel are just two fine examples that we are accomplishing that goal. I am very pleased that our beach club was to your great liking. Its refined ambience makes for the ultimate in sunny relaxation. Marco the manager that you speak highly of has been with the resort from day one and his personal goal is to have his guests well attended to and to end their afternoon feeling pampered. We have amplified the menu in Emilianos and also have created some theme dinners which have been a huge success these past few weeks. It would be our honor to host you and your wife again so that you can relive that “experience of a lifetime”. We thank you again Rod for your splendid words and for thinking of us for your relaxing vacation getaway. Take care and special greetings to you and your wife in Temple, Texas.

Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This resort was truly amazing and made our celebration very special. All of the employees offered superior service, however there are a few I would like to recognize because they themselves made our trip memorable; Marcos, Jorge, Fredy, Rangel, Benny and Joel. The staff at Emiliano's and the beach club were the best of the best. Manuel, it was very nice to have met you and would like to compliment you on your staff and grounds, our stay was simply perfect. Looking forward to our next visit, thank you Casa Velas!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 605, it was very romantic, however heard rooms 501, 502, and 504 were also very ni...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa, we couldn't be more pleased that you selected us for your milestone anniversary. To have had the honor to share in your bliss is even more motivating to all the special employees that you so kindly mention. Myself, to have had the good fortune in meeting you both motivates me also to keep the operation on the good path and have all of our valuable guests feeling the way that you do. On behalf of all the Casa Velas staff I congratulate you and your husband and wish you all the best for a long future. Thank you again and kind greetings to all in Temecula, California. Take care.

General MANAGER
Casa Velas Hotel Boutique
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel by far is the prettiest and nicest hotel I have EVER stayed at in Puerto Vallarta. Excellent service by everyone who works there. I was given a junior suite which I was completely shocked about since I didn't ask for a upgrade, I was very appreciative of the upgrade. I loved that they have l'occitane toiletries. My main goal was to layout, read, eat and drink the whole stay. Unfortunately a storm was in the area. The weather was nice half the trip so of course I had to improvise by just reading, eating and drinking (rough life I know) :). I loved Benny the lobby bartender!! He was extremely nice, friendly, honest and considerate. By accident I left my purse on the patio and Benny knew it was mine. Benny tried looking for me but couldn't find me so he took the purse to the lobby for me. I had a lot of money in my purse along with my smartphone and other items that were costly. Nothing was missing from my purse. I was bummed that I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to Benny (his day off). Manuel was another really good bartender that I also enjoyed speaking too. Manuel made me all kind of different drinks that were not on the menu, such as a passion fruit/pineapple margarita and a banana margarita (yummy). The crazy thing is that EVERYONE remembers your name at Casa Velas. Unfortunately I am really bad with names, thank god for name tags. I did not have one bad meal at Casa Velas. I am currently missing their chicken tacos (taquitos) and their fish ceviche along with the chicken chilaquiles. It was well worth gaining a few pounds. The resort was very clean. I have never been in a lobby bathroom that has been cleaned that often (30 minutes). There were a couple of negatives but the positives out way and plus one of the negatives has nothing to do with Casa Velas. I do wish that the resort was a smoke free resort or smoking sections. The one thing I didn't like was that the food manager felt the need to come to me and tell me I need to write a review on Tripadvisor (which I already do all the time). I am that type of person who doesn't like to be told what to do. Luckily that was my last day there but it did leave a negative taste in my mouth. The other negative actually had to do with some of the people staying at the resort. I went by myself and some people treated me like I was a leper. Some people were extremely nice and spoke and some were acting like my goal was to steal their men or women from them. I felt like it was almost high school with the clicks. Some common courtesy goes along way especially if someone says "Hi" to you (note to the ones that felt I was a leper/stealer). I felt that the resort was for people who want to go Solo but some of the people that were staying there made me feel differently. I would definitely go back but next time I will take someone with me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time in expressing your delight on the property and its service. As a team it pleases us that you consider Casa Velas to be the “prettiest and nicest hotel by far” that you have stayed in here in Puerto Vallarta. I think that persons such as the dependable Benny and the innovative Manuel are just two great examples of the dedication and skill that we are fortunate to have in our employ. I do have a lot of responsibility to ensure a marvelous vacation at Casa Velas, as that is my goal for our guests. And please know that you will always be in very good hands whether you return in the company of others or by yourself. We will also be sure to share in some of the culinary delights and exotic libations that pleasantly surprised you on this visit. Thank you again for your review and our door is open for when you find the opportunity to revisit your new Casa Velas friends. Take care and special regards to everyone in Los Angeles, CA.

MANUEL OVIEDO
GENERAL MANAGER
HOTEL CASA VELAS
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The people were friendly and responsive. We had to be moved twice because of problems with our room. The first smelled so badly of mold I was really afraid I would have an asthma attack. The second literally smelled like raw sewage. It was disgusting, the worst smell you could imagine. The rooms were a little outdated but clean. They moved us to a suite after the 2 problem rooms and it was gorgeous. Updated, modern, spectacular. The restaurants on property are excellent, the food is so good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
I am very glad Karla that we could get your vacation on track after the less than impressive welcome that you experienced. And for that I sincerely apologize to you for not having my suites up to their impeccable standards and conditions. We do have supervisory processes that we adhere to, however it is positive that those suites should never have been occupied until the maintenance issues were fully addressed. I am pleased to say that since your visit in May we have changed our inspection protocols and should never fail like that again with any future and valued guest. I was very pleased that your permanent suite was spectacular and gorgeous for you and your friends. I believe we were able to more than make up for your initial disappointments and combined with the “excellent restaurants and good food” we were able to recover and make it a very nice vacation for all of you. Karla, on behalf of all the staff of Casa Velas we thank you for your patience and understanding and please know that we will continue to be responsive and friendly towards your needs. Thank you and special regards to New York City. Take care.

MANUEL OVIEDO
GENERAL MANAGER
HOTEL CASA VELAS
moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!