“Casa Velas A Dream Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311 | Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Mission, Texas
“Casa Velas A Dream Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

U never want to leave this paradise so Beautiful and elegant.The staff treats you like Royalty.The food is TO DIE FOR Flavor, presentation and service EXCELLENT. definitely coming back for more pampering

Room Tip: Just say what you are looking for
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Gerente at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
I am so pleased that your stay with us at Casa Velas was to your extreme pleasure and comfort. We truly pride ourselves in having each and every guest feel the level of satisfaction that you describe. Being a boutique hotel allows us to focus on attention to detail, whether it be in our personalized service, unique adornments or in our innovative culinary venues. And you can be assured Mariela that on your next visit the pampering will be just as pleasant and the cuisine equally delectable. Thank you for sharing your happiness and all the best to you and yours in Mission, Texas. Take care.

moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Casa Velas, Puerto Vallarta is one of kind !!! If you love to be pampered, the service is spectacular. The ambiance, the environment, the suite, the food, the SPA, the treatments, the attention ... all are unparalleled! We had a wonderful experience, I never enjoyed a pool, other guest encounters or sleeping in the most comfortable bed ever, like I did in Casa Velas! I cannot say enough about it and I would love to be able to return every year for a week of R & R. Thanks to the staff: Francisco, Vanessa, Mario, Carlos, Miguel, Oscar, Emma, Daniel, Erika, Vicki and so many others who gave us a week of excellent service with great big smiles! Hope to see you all very soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Thank you very much Marina for such a glowing and animated review. The many staff members that you so kindly mention will be very proud and highly motivated when they see their names on-line for having been recognized by you in such a marvelous tone. I too am also very pleased that in every aspect we could not only meet, but eclipse your expectations leaving you with a wonderful vacation experience to remember. We too Marina would love to have you return each year to enjoy your well deserved pampering with “unparalleled attention” and I am sure that the same smiling faces will be there to greet you and take care of you and your friends again. In the meantime we wish you a very nice fall season and our best wishes go out to you in beautiful Miami, Florida. Take care.

San Jose, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We just came back from a weekend stay at Casa Velas. It was a great place to stay;however, I think after reading all the 4-5 star reviews, my expectations were high and unfortunately not met. Upon our arrival, we were greeted very warmly but were not asked if we were celebrating anything special or why we were there like I read was asked to other visitors in reviews. We were actually there to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary as well as celebrating the upcoming arrival of our first baby. It wasn't a big deal but just thought they might ask the purpose of our visit. The resort is small and very quiet which made for a very relaxing stay. Our room was amazing and the plunge pool on the balcony made it an even more enjoyable experience as we were able to just get in for a quick dip instead of going down to the pool. Our only complaint about the room was that the wifi was pretty slow and we had to reconnect several times. The restaurant was okay but ate our dinners in the city since the dress code for men is dress casual (pants only) which my husband didn't really want to do because of the heat. Other than the pool, there really isn't that much to do at the resort. We've stayed at an all inclusive before, and that resort had a game room, place to watch movies, and different actives going on throughout the day; however, that resort was much bigger and i think geared to a more active crowd. All in all this was an enjoyable stay but may consider other resorts the next time we visit.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience in Tripadvisor, I would like to offer you the most sincere apology for the miss lack of follow up during your stay usually we have all of our celebrations noted ahead of time. In this cased we should've ask you directly as a part of our personalized service. As for our dress code in Emiliano is a casual formal dress code in the evenings only as a four diamond restaurant we must fallow certain regulations, therefore we offer our Beach club and steakhouse free of regulations during the week. I invite you to reconsider your visit to Casa Velas all Adults Boutique Hotel and I can assure you we will make up and follow up in all your minor details.

Best Regards,

Manuel Oviedo
Hotel Casa Velas
Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

For our anniversary we always try to pick a new and high quality place to visit. This year it was Casa Velas. This was a very nice, relaxing and beautiful resort! I have always been leary of "all inclusives" in the past and found that most were geared toward providing the least expensive way to heard a bunch of people through. This was clearly not the case at Casa Velas! The staff were all very friendly and knew our names on the first night. The food in the on site restaurant was as fine as any we have had any where in Vallarta and we go there often (twice a month). The rooms are nicely appointed and clean. The grounds are perfectly groomed. I generally avoid public pools but theirs was sparkling clean and the hotel policy of no children made taking a dip a delight. Nice swim-up bar and top shelf liquor was unexpected. This place is geared toward couples. We love children but in all honesty, this policy was the deciding factor (along with excellent reviews) for choosing Casa Velas. I think we are going to become "regulars".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
It pleases me greatly Mr. Clifford to know that we will be having the pleasure of hosting you more often whenever the need for luxury and relaxing presents itself. And now you have found that there really is a superior level to the all inclusive concept that encompasses all facets of an upscale vacation. I appreciate your fine words on our culinary options. The creativity and fresh ingredients that my chef puts into his dishes reflect the satisfaction of our guests. The “top shelf” liquors as well as the luxury details of our suites and pool maintenance all combined in prompting you to want to return with full confidence that you will be surrounded with the finer things in life. Mr. Clifford, thank you for having researched the reviews and in coming to a very successful decision and all the best to you and yours in beautiful Rincon de Guayabitos, Nayarit. Hasta pronto señor.

Seattle, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed at the adults only facility (based on all of the amazing reviews) and it was a complete disaster from check in to check out...I don't even know where to begin.

The check in desk was clueless - it took over an hour to register. The resort lobby was nice, but the rooms were run down. There was mold in my bathroom, missing tiles, water stains on the ceiling, a broken refrigerator - the list just goes on and on. The swimming pool was 86 degrees, not very refreshing when it's 90 degrees out. The swimming pool closed at 6pm for a private event. The only restaurant on site (the rest are at the other property where you have to take a bus or walk 10 minutes) was also closed for the private event. The private event, which happened to be a wedding hosted by the hotel owner, went until 2am. The music was so loud that several guest were in the lobby complaining when I went there at 1:30am. The breakfast buffet was terrible - dirty silverware, bugs in the food, no table service for coffee. Just everything about this place was a disaster, so we left 2 days early (and we were only there for 3 days). I'm just bewildered by the other reviews.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

I personally thank you for bringing to my attention your feelings on your recent stay with us. I also wish to apologize for the events that you encountered during that time, where as you say there was mix of factors affecting the tranquility and happiness of the holiday. I am sure that you were hoping for much more, especially based on the many positive reviews that you read beforehand. In my experience I certainly know how first impressions really serve to pave the way to a stress free and successful vacation. Unfortunately the confusion that you witnessed at your arrival was due to various guests arriving at the same time. That, combined with the fact that your first suite had two double beds instead of a king size, I can sympathize your negativity. I always wish for that first impression to go smooth and to the great liking of every client. As you mentioned, the owner of the corporation was with us for a wedding, but it must be pointed out that our main restaurant Emilianos was always open for your enjoyment, as well as that of all of our individual guests that resided with us during your stay. The evening cocktail party was only centered on the area of the pool. These events, along with your unmet expectations and the thunderstorm that went on for most of the evening and morning combined to make the “perfect storm” so to speak. All making your stay less than desirable and for that I sincerely apologize. As you mention your “bewilderment by the good reviews”, I can now certainly see your point of view in this special case. If you would be so kind as to give me the opportunity to apologize in person I would be most humbled and grateful at the same time. Again, please receive the utmost apology from the owner and from all the 3,000 employees of the corporation.

Manuel Oviedo
Hotel Casa Velas
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had an amazing time a Casa Velas. The facility was first class with beautiful grounds, great food, comfortable rooms and attentive employees. This was our first All-Inclusive resort and we were really able to relax and enjoy our vacation. We attended the Chef's dinner one night and that was a treat. We even tried to learn some Latin dance moves at the class that was offered. We took a few side trips but found out the pool area was just the place we wanted to be, with drinks and food at our fingertips. Highly recommend for a stress-free, relaxing, quiet, lovely vacation.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 503, very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much Dorothy for your splendid comments on your relaxing and memorable vacation with us. As a refined boutique resort you will find some divine events within the resort that are very interesting and enjoyable for our astute clientele. The Chef´s Dinner and Latin Dancing are just two of the activities that we like to provide for our guests and now we also provide a Tequila course complete with tasting so that our guests can become very knowledgeable in future tequila conversations and get togethers. But overall, as you mentioned the atmosphere really lends itself to a relaxing and stress-free tone where you will have 130 dedicated staff to take care of your comfort and pleasure. Dorothy, as a team it pleases us immensely that you are still reminiscing on your June stay with us and I hope that you will find the opportunity to return soon and enjoy all the pampering that you experienced on this trip. Thank you again and we send our best to you in beautiful San Diego, California. Take care.

LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The carrier American Airlines suck.

Now for the review. Casa Velas is a somewhat quaint, romantic, excellently maintained boutique resort. This is currently the off season in Puerto Vallarta so there weren't very many people pool side at any given time during our stay. That allowed the drinks and snacks to continously flow. If I had one issue, it would be the lack of consistency with the drink "making". Benny, who worked at the evening bar was easily the best. I'm not a foodie, so I really can't speak on the food other than I never skipped a meal. Hard to beat fresh salsa and guacomole!
The room overlooked the golf course and was nicely apportioned. Even though I didn't get in the mini-jacuzzi on the balcony, my wife throughly enjoyed it.
The staff was amazing at every turn. From explaining futbol to me to having a double shot of tequila waiting for me as I turned the corner. (Benny heard me coming).
Overall I would give my experience a "9". The only reason it gets a nine is because of the beach at the sister property. All I will say is that it was not the color sand I was looking for and there were rocks in the surf as you ventured into the water. From what I heard, there are better beaches in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments on your June stay with us. I hope that you found the relaxation and quality that our distinguished clientele looks for when reserving with us. I am glad that Benny was there to make your favorite drinks and that the guacamole was to your great satisfaction and to be considered as a quaint and romantic hotel is very nice. And we do go to great lengths to keep the facility in top condition for our guests. It would be our great honor to host you and your wife again in order to create that tranquil and luxurious feeling that you came for. On behalf of all the staff I wish you all the best this summer in beautiful Los Angeles, California. Take care.