We just came back from a weekend stay at Casa Velas. It was a great place to stay;however, I think after reading all the 4-5 star reviews, my expectations were high and unfortunately not met. Upon our arrival, we were greeted very warmly but were not asked if we were celebrating anything special or why we were there like I read was asked to other visitors in reviews. We were actually there to celebrate our two year wedding anniversary as well as celebrating the upcoming arrival of our first baby. It wasn't a big deal but just thought they might ask the purpose of our visit. The resort is small and very quiet which made for a very relaxing stay. Our room was amazing and the plunge pool on the balcony made it an even more enjoyable experience as we were able to just get in for a quick dip instead of going down to the pool. Our only complaint about the room was that the wifi was pretty slow and we had to reconnect several times. The restaurant was okay but ate our dinners in the city since the dress code for men is dress casual (pants only) which my husband didn't really want to do because of the heat. Other than the pool, there really isn't that much to do at the resort. We've stayed at an all inclusive before, and that resort had a game room, place to watch movies, and different actives going on throughout the day; however, that resort was much bigger and i think geared to a more active crowd. All in all this was an enjoyable stay but may consider other resorts the next time we visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique