My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Casa Velas and it was such a wonderful trip! The staff is even more fantastic than previous reviews stated. I am already missing the fresh guacamole and chips as well as the 24 hour room service. We did not have a bad meal anywhere at this resort. We enjoyed the beach club and had lunch there everyday listening to the peaceful waves crashing. The menu itself was not our favorite (didn't enjoy the marinated crab sandwich or the blue shrimp burger and the shrimp fried rice was just okay overall although the shrimp were delicious) but we had fish tacos and shrimp tacos not on the menu that were absolutely fabulous! We also had dinner there one night and that was amazing as well. We had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer and couldn't decide between 2 entrees so the waiter gave us a half order of each. We also loved the dinner we had at Emiliano's, crab cakes for appetizer and a mahi mahi special for an entree and the cheesecake for dessert. Both of us ate every single bite and my husband is usually very picky.
One of our absolute favorite experiences was the chefs dinner. The welcome drink and wine pairings were fantastic as well as every bite of food. After dinner we had drinks at the lobby bar with 2 of the other couples staying there and our only regret was that we didn't meet them prior to our last night.
We also had dinner at the Velas Vallarta steakhouse. The meal and service were very good there but we were more than ready to return to the always peaceful and relaxing Casa Velas.
We asked many questions and were always given good answers from all the staff in the lobby and getting a taxi was extremely quick and efficient. Rangel did a great job of letting us know what to expect, including how many pesos each cab ride would cost us ahead of time.
If u are looking for complete relaxation and having every wish granted then this is the resort for you!
As soon as I am prepared to leave our kids at home again, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique