“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Waukee, Iowa
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Casa Velas and it was such a wonderful trip! The staff is even more fantastic than previous reviews stated. I am already missing the fresh guacamole and chips as well as the 24 hour room service. We did not have a bad meal anywhere at this resort. We enjoyed the beach club and had lunch there everyday listening to the peaceful waves crashing. The menu itself was not our favorite (didn't enjoy the marinated crab sandwich or the blue shrimp burger and the shrimp fried rice was just okay overall although the shrimp were delicious) but we had fish tacos and shrimp tacos not on the menu that were absolutely fabulous! We also had dinner there one night and that was amazing as well. We had the coconut shrimp for an appetizer and couldn't decide between 2 entrees so the waiter gave us a half order of each. We also loved the dinner we had at Emiliano's, crab cakes for appetizer and a mahi mahi special for an entree and the cheesecake for dessert. Both of us ate every single bite and my husband is usually very picky.

One of our absolute favorite experiences was the chefs dinner. The welcome drink and wine pairings were fantastic as well as every bite of food. After dinner we had drinks at the lobby bar with 2 of the other couples staying there and our only regret was that we didn't meet them prior to our last night.

We also had dinner at the Velas Vallarta steakhouse. The meal and service were very good there but we were more than ready to return to the always peaceful and relaxing Casa Velas.

We asked many questions and were always given good answers from all the staff in the lobby and getting a taxi was extremely quick and efficient. Rangel did a great job of letting us know what to expect, including how many pesos each cab ride would cost us ahead of time.

If u are looking for complete relaxation and having every wish granted then this is the resort for you!

As soon as I am prepared to leave our kids at home again, we will be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
RESPUESTA:
Tracey Anne, I am overjoyed that we were able to eclipse your expectations as well as your husband´s “picky” appetite. As you now know, being a boutique hotel gives us the opportunity to personally dialogue with each guest in order to provide their preferred dishes in the way that you like. And for my chefs to customize plates for you really was not asking too much. It is our great pleasure that you permit us the opportunity to be even more creative. And that personalized service extends to the Chef´s Dinner where you were able to enjoy his culinary demonstrations in the good company of others. I am glad that you were able to dine in our sister resort Velas Vallarta. It is distinctly different than Casa Velas based on its sheer size and family orientated theme, but the consistency in quality is always provided. We are honored that you are preparing to make plans to return for a vacation of “complete relaxation” when the opportunity permits and you can be sure that Rangel will be there with his smile and professional service, ready to take care of your comfort and personal delights. Thank you for your wonderful comments and all the best to you and your family in Waukee, Iowa. Take care.

moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Ft. Smith
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Holy Guacamole, I rate this place 6 stars!

Casa Velas is truly like heaven on earth. My wife and I spent 7 nights there for our anniversary, June 17 to 24. My wife’s sister and her husband joined us at Casa Velas for 5 of our 7 night stay. From the minute we drove through the front gates for the first time, to getting into the cab to return home, Casa Velas always made us all feel like royalty.

If you are looking for a quiet luxury vacation for complete rest and relaxation, CV is for you. If you are looking for a loud, big party time vacation, CV is not that kind of resort.
I know that mid-June is not the busy season for Mexico, and as long as it’s not raining, I prefer the slower times for my R&R vacations. A lot of the time on this trip it seemed that the resort staff outnumbered the guests. Imagine that!

We were upgraded us to an Ambassador suite because it was our anniversary trip. Fantastic 2 story suite with 2 bathrooms and a plunge pool (we didn’t use the plunge pool). There was a giant Jacuzzi tub in the upstairs bathroom and a very private patio like outdoor sitting area upstairs next to the Jacuzzi. The downstairs patio was partially covered by this upper “deck”. We were in #501 and had a great view of the beautiful golf course. The king bed was perfect and the AC could freeze you out, if it was set to cold. Would have used the downstairs living room more, but there was no TV downstairs. The TV upstairs was just fine.

The customer service at CV is simply the best we have experienced anywhere. We have been to some fantastic resorts in the past, but we have never had personal service like this. I think that Casa Velas is probably one of the best places to work in Puerto Vallarta, so they have their pick of the best potential employees in the area. I would hire any CV staff member myself if they would just move to my town in Arkansas. Every single encounter we had with PV staff was great, never a fumble.

Food. Where do I start? Fantastic seems accurate. There are only 2 restaurants, but you can mix it up with the Velas Vallarta nearby if you want. And if you stay 5 or more nights, you can go to the beautiful new Grand Velas for a dinner. It's only a 20 minute car ride north. The food at Emiliano and the Ocean Club is outstanding. The restaurant at the Ocean Club is not open every night, so ask when and make your reservations when you arrive.

We ventured off site for a fancy dinner at the Vista Grill (#2 on Trip Advisor) one night. It was a super experience. We had great food, great service and an amazing view of the entire bay. But, the food and service at the Casa Velas was just as good. So, I won’t compare the CV food to other all inclusive resorts. The food and service at the CV are going toe to toe with the best restaurants in town.

We had lunch at the Velas Vallarta one afternoon, and the food seemed pretty close to the CV food. It is just a short walk down the beach from the CV Ocean Club. There were a lot of kids at the Velas Vallarta, and they were having a ball. So if you are planning a family trip, you should consider this sister resort. I would bring a family group there without hesitation.
The beach club at times seemed almost like our own private oasis on the beach, complete with excellent bartenders, waiters, a chef and the cleanest restrooms in Puerto Vallarta. I know that sounds kind of weird, but I think that the restrooms got serviced at least every hour. Being a restaurant owner, I have always believed that “ the cleanliness of the restroom is a window into the kitchen.”

Upstairs at the Ocean Club they had 3 televisions to show the world cup soccer games. One of my favorite moments was being up there watching Mexico win a game. The staff was so excited, giving high fives and enjoying the moment. I wish they could have had a few drinks with us to celebrate. It was so fun.

Since we were there for a week, we got to book a dinner at the new Grand Velas resort. It’s a 20 minute cab ride North. We ate at Piaf, the Classic French restaurant. The Grand Velas is a BEAUTIFUL, new, resort with about 300 rooms. Children are allowed. The GV is nicer, newer and more expensive than the Velas Vallarta. Our dinner was great. But, overall … between the 4 of us, the food at the Casa Velas was still a little better. We never had a bad meal at any restaurant our entire trip.

Twice, the CV restaurant staff cooked us a “special meal”. The first was for my wife and I at Emiliano for our anniversary and once for all 4 of us on our last day at the Ocean Club. Both meals were off the chart! We never saw a menu either meal and they just stepped up to the plate and knocked it out of the park both times. We had filet and coconut shrimp at Emiliano and the best mahi mahi ever at the Ocean Club. If you have a special occasion during your stay, let them know. You will be glad you did.

Name time. I know I’m going to miss someone, so I’m sorry if I left you off of this list. You ALL were so great. Benny the bartender is the main man. He runs the lobby bar like a pro with a smile that never stops. Gala and Vanessa at the front desk were excellent. When we lost a bracelet or a room key, it was instantly replaced, and with a smile. Rangel at the concierge desk works magic with reservations and logistics. Sweet Victoria, Jorge, Reuben, Marco, Miguel, Luis, Freddy, Danny (all great) … do you get the picture? All of the CV staff is top shelf! We miss them all.

As we were leaving the pool for the last time on our last morning, to go pack and head to the airport, several of the staff came outside of the restaurant and hollered “Goodbye, come back soon” while waving. It was like you would do for family members. Unbelievable, I will never forget that.

One tip: Bring or buy some mosquito spray. When enjoying the fantastic outdoor spaces at Casa Velas, the mosquitos can get a little harsh without some spray. They sell it in the gift shop.
So, we can’t wait to return. This was the most luxurious resort experience we have ever enjoyed. For a comparison, we enjoyed Casa Velas more than all the Secrets resorts, both Excellence resorts, the Valentin, Live Aqua, and Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. You will be amazed when you stay at the Casa Velas. The staff and the food are the best we have found at any resort, anywhere.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course are best. We never used our plunge pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the resounding “6 star” review and of course for also sharing your wonderful experiences with everybody planning a luxurious vacation. Your in-depth comments really place emphasis in the personalized service that we provide and in the chef´s creations that kept you and your guests very impressed throughout your week. It pleases me and my executive chef immensely that you consider our cuisine to be in a class above hotel fare and as an all-inclusive resort we go to great lengths, many of which you kindly describe, in creating a culinary “wow” for you. Your feelings of being treated like royalty are exactly what we wish to generate amongst all our valued guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the opportunity to dine at our two sister resorts in this region. They both offer distinction in their own personal way, but I am honored that your true preference is with us at Casa Velas. It gives me the utmost pleasure to have provided you such a positive and relaxing anniversary during your trip and of course myself and all of the valuable employees that you mentioned will be waiting for your return in order to continue with our “6 star” treatment. Take care and all the best to you and your restaurant endeavors in Ft. Smith, Arkansas.

Studio City, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This 5/22/14-5/29/14 Trip was our second stay at Casa Velas. We are happy to report the resort remains as beautiful, and the staff accomodating and helpful as they were during our first visit 2 years ago. Rangel the concierge and his staff gave us a very warm welcome and arranged our airport transportation to and from the airport, The reception staff, starting with Vanessa and the others were extremely helpful in making our room arrangements, exchanging money, printing documents and making local phone calls for us. The quality of the food at the resort restaurant Emiliano, and at the Beach club restaurant was excellent. The waiter staff was excellent as usual. Carlos, Edgar and the rest of the morning crew, pampered us and our friends during our breakfast meals, while Bernardo and his crew pampered us during our dinner meals. All our meals were very delicious, flavorful, and beautifully presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 delicious and interesting "chef meals" presentations (intimate dinners with a small group of guests and the chef), and enjoyed Ekar, chef Daniel, discuss and present the special meals. The Bar staff - Freddy at the pool and Benny at night constantly, always made sure we had our drinks and snacks, mixing very good thirst quenching cocktails. Our room was upgraded to a large and lovely deluxe king suite. We enjoyed lazy days lounging by the lovely pool's swim up bar, as well as lounging at the resort's private beach club. We wish we could have stayed longer. We can hardly wait to return. Victor C and Jim B

Room Tip: The grand luxe suite rooms are more spacious and have private splash pools or Jacuzzi tubs. Make sur...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

It’s always such a joy to welcome a repetitive guest back home to Casa Velas it’s a wonderful motivation to heaved exceeded your expectations in service, making a vacation memory to always remember in your hearths . I will personally share your review to all the staff to motivate them in always offering a warm and unique service.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your comment in tripadvisor we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Bedford TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

7 minutes from the airport. This resort is not on the beach. However, they do have a shuttle to their own private beach club area which is very beautiful, and has bar service. The resort has its own golf course with unlimited golf. The golf cart is $55 per day. They have a beautiful botanical garden. The open air lobby has beautiful tall arches that opens up onto the grounds. There are large fish ponds just off from the lobby. The rooms have high wood ceilings and beams, very beautiful. There are golf lessons, tequila tasting, Latin night, lots of live music.Reservations are required for dinner and there is a dress code (no shorts). If you stay more than 5 nights, you can have dinner at the Grand Velas Nayarit and transfers are included.You can use all of the facilities are Velas Vallarta which is 2 minutes away. I did not eat here, but I am confident the food is delicious. I did not see many children here. Mostly saw adults enjoying the pool and playing golf.

Room Tip: The Grand Classic rooms have their own immersion pool on the patio and they overlook the golf course...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Casa Velas is an exclusive 80 suites all adults boutique hotel with a very personalized warm service , as a boutique hotel from Velas Resorts we offer unique activities and benefits to all of our guest as the ones you mention and many more. I personally would like to thank you for your feedback in tripadvisor and I hope that we can have the pleasure to host you soon in the near future to enjoy the many benefits of Casa Velas.

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This trip (April 2014) was my second trip back to Casa Velas and my boyfriend's third.
The first thing we love about our trip to Casa Velas is the short, convienant 5 minute taxi ride from the airport to the resort. After you land in Puerto Vallarta, get your bags, go through customs, get a taxi and you are at the resort in less than an hour after landing.
When you arrive at the resort, you are always welcomed by such wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. It's nice to come back to a resort where the staff remember you and call you by your name. If you are at the pool, Emiliano or the beach club the staff are always willing to go out of their way to make your experience enjoyable. Concierge is extremely helpful and has a lot of great recommendations if you choose to go off of the resort to go eat or explore the city. Concierge will also book your dinner reservations for you at Emiliano or the Beach Club.
Although we never spend much time in our room, the rooms are always extremely clean and well maintained. The service staff cleans the room once a day and then comes back again during dinner for turn down service and to leave you delicious chocolate covered coffee beans.
The property itself at the resort is simply beautiful. The grounds are extremely well maintained from the flowers, shrubbery and trees to the cleanliness of the pools and common areas. You will always see a staff member taking care of the grounds. Casa Velas also has a resident peacock, Pancho, a pond of turtles that will eat right out of your hand and iguanas that like to hang out by the pool.
This time we didn't make dinner reservations far enough in advance and were not able to go to to the beach club during our stay which was disappointing because, who doesn't love dinner next to the ocean! We dined at Emiliano three out of the four evenings of our stay, but were never disappointed in the wide variety and selection of dishes. The food at the resort is wonderful which is another main reason why we came back again. Unfortunately, we have experienced at other all inclusive resorts the quality of the food and drinks are sub-par at best due to the quantity and not quality of the food they make. Casa Velas has an incredible selection of fresh gourmet cuisine. Regardless if you order canadian bacon and pineapple pizza at midnight through room service, order fresh guacamole and ceviche at the pool or sit down for an evening dinner al fresco at Emiliano enjoying a salad picked fresh that day from their own gardens, you will not be disappointed by the food. Another reason we chose Casa Velas over other all inclusive resort is the selection of premium liquors and wines. Let me tell you, Benny makes a fabulous margarita! Benny is available in the evenings and we always stopped by for a margarita before we had dinner at Emiliano.
Overall, I would recommend visiting Casa Velas to anyone who would like to visit a smaller (less than 100) adults only resort, with gorgeous views, wonderful staff and delicious food and drinks!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

One of the many things that define Casa Velas boutique hotel in making enjoyable unique experiences from a wonderful margarita from benny right before dinner to enjoying our peacock pancho in our grounds and always receiving a warm smile and service from the staff. It is with great pleasure to read and share your review with each and one of the employees letting them know the joy and happiness they created and imprinted during your vacation. Our goal is to always provide an atmosphere of luxury, tranquility and comfort of full relaxation. I personally thank you for sharing your delightful experience.

Seymour, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Loved the resort, people and city! The resort was extremely clean and the staff was extremely friendly and wanted to please! They were very receptive to tips, willing to go above and beyond for them. Both pools were very nice, the pool at the beach club was smaller and a little cooler, which was nice and there was a good breeze at the beach club. We didn't have a bad meal at the resort. The fresh guacamole was a staple for lunch everyday, it was wonderful!

I had requested a upper level room and when we got there we were told we would have a first floor room but it wasn't quite ready, we were pretty insistent that we didn't want first floor, so they found us one on the 3rd floor that we had to wait a little bit longer for. Jorge drove us to the beach club to eat and drink while we waited. I had been quite upset over the room, but I was overly tired and the time share vultures at the airport had pushed me over the edge. The staff was very very nice and really wanted us to be happy. Everything worked out just fine!

We took a hour long walk everyday and felt very very safe! We even walked at night and felt safe! If you walk for exercise, do it early in the morning or after the sun goes down because it is very hot!

We had spa treatments and they were wonderful! I would highly recommend!

I would love to name special staff members, but would be afraid I would miss some and that would be an injustice to all of the wonderful people there!

We did venture out and about in the evenings to have dinner at other locations, and were happy with every Restuarant we visited!

We normally do not go to the same place twice, because there are so many places we haven't been, but we would return and bring our friends!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much Cindi for selecting Casa Velas for your summer vacation spot. It is very pleasing for us and especially for my executive chef Sr. Ruelas to have your seal of approval on his team´s efforts in providing you with culinary excellence throughout your stay and that includes the customized guacamole that has become a favorite of many. And thank you also for your comments on the safety of Puerto Vallarta and the Marina Vallarta area where you ventured out daily to do your cardio exercises. And sometimes in order to fulfill specific suite requests we need to exercise a little bit of patience in order to prepare a unit to your liking and I am pleased that you took the time to enjoy our executive Beach Club while our housekeepers cleaned and prepped your suite to optimum conditions. Cindi, I gather that there were too many staff to thank for contributing to the overall success of your vacation, but you can be assured that your review will be posted in Spanish for all to see and feel warmly motivated for a job well done. And it certainly will motivate us more in knowing that you would return to Casa Velas based on your first time experiences. Thank you Cindi for taking the time to contribute your comments on TripAdvisor and on behalf of the 130 employees we wish you and everybody all the best in Seymour, Indiana. Take care.

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We just got back from CV and everything every one says about the service, people, and atmosphere about this resort are true. It was a great relaxing week at a beautiful resort.

A few comments to add to all the great things already mentioned by others:

- Great wi-fi service all over the resort
- Don't prebook transportation to the resort. It is only a 7 minute taxi ride so you can do that on your own
-We were there during a low time so the resort was quiet but the people we met were all very friendly. Quite a few Honeymooners.
-It was HOT during the first week of June though. Too hot to really do much except sit by the pool. High humidity too.
-The Beach Club is great just like everyone said and we really liked the Asian Fusion menu there
-Be sure to ask what special events are being held since they aren't always well advertised but definitely worth attending
-We took at taxi down to the Malecon (Boardwalk) which was fun (went on a cloudy morning before it got too warm) - worth a trip down there. It is nice and new with lots of shop, restaurants, and bars.
-The AC worked too well in our room - we had to have them turn it up a couple of degrees since it was too cool in our room for us to be comfortable.

We don't usually go back to the same place twice but would definitely consider returning to Casa Velas with friends.

Room Tip: Our first floor suite was just right.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your terrific insights on your experiences during your visit to Casa Velas. We are really pleased that your relaxing vacation mirrored much of what you had read on TripAdvisor before you came to know us in person. And now you have come full circle by writing your own review on those pleasant times. I hope that the memories of your stay last a long time and become a deciding factor when it is time to plan your next relaxing week in luxury. Thank you again and from all of us we send you our kind wishes to everyone in Omaha, Nebraska. Take care.

moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!