“Quaint and Quiet. A heavenly experience that will nourish your soul....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Camrose, Canada
“Quaint and Quiet. A heavenly experience that will nourish your soul....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

October 30 - November 13, 2013. (Timeshare owner, multiple stays.) Not enough can be said about the quality of service. All of the staff are amazing. Loved the addition of the steak house! Every time we go nice refreshing touches are added. If you need to leave the concrete and commute just to unwind this is the place to go. Bring a floating chair to the beach club Infiniti pool. Sit back with a mimosa in hand and let the calming lapping ocean waves cleanse your spirit. This is an adults only resort. Couples, singles, friends and family gather here. The food is fabulous. The drinks are refreshing. Your sleep will be sound and the weather rarely disappoints. There is so much to do as well. Charly's in the mariana will set you up for the day with a VERY reasonable sailing adventure...just you, the captain and the deck hand. Fishing is always available on these vessels. Caught 3 fish last time..from the tuna family. Gave 2 to the captain and deck hand. Brought the other one back to Benny who captains the lobby bar. He is the BEST! Benny has been there as long as I can remember and I know why. He will take such good care of you with his wide selection of creative cocktails! My friend particularly enjoys a petite chartreuse which is always on hand. A taxi to downtown about 100 pesos. Clubs are in abundance...my travelling companion loves ROXIES! You can also go down to the Malicon and walk over the bridge to the new pier. There are many restaurants that offer an outdoor table and a bucket of cold iced beer. Just relax, watch the sunset and let the best local beach massage artists give you a foot/back massage for about 200 pesos. A water taxi can also take you to Yelapa which is an adventure everyone should do. Back home to Casa Velas...to sleep in the fresh clean white crisp sheets with the most comfortable pillows (and late night room service for that late night snack)! OR, not ready for bed? There are 2 casinos minutes away that are open until the early hours. There are three golf courses to choose from and they often have specials where green fees are included in your stay. The Marina golf course (alligators and all) are right on site. Thank you again to ALL the staff for making our vacation a heavenly delight. A special thank you to Juan Velas and Bruce for taking time out of your busy schedule to say hello to us. That was a treat!

Room Tip: I prefer the ground floor rooms on the golf course. I love having that extra outdoor space and the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
casavelasmanagement, Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We absolutely love the tittle of your review we cannot thank you enough for writing such a detailed and lovely review it’s so good to read you had an excellent and memorable time on behalf of all the family in Casa Velas we are looking forward on hosting you again.

861 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Allen Park, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We came for our honeymoon and never wanted to leave. The room was always spotless, the food always on point, and the service beyond reproach.

Rangel is the man to talk to. He made sure that everything was perfect. If you need anything find him.

Benny and hector are the men who will be pouring your drinks and I had a good time just asking them to surprise me. Every time is was delicious and inventive.

Any request we had was met promptly and to total satisfaction.

I look forward to spending more time there in the future.

Thank you for a great honeymoon.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

What a lovely review from all the staff here in Casa Velas, we thank you for sharing your lovely experience and comments, we are so thrilled to know we excited your expectations making your vacation once in a lifetime experience, we truly look forward on hosting you again in the near future Casa Velas will always be your home away from home.

Cathedral City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We came to Casa Velas for our wedding/honeymoon from 10/25-11/6 and from the moment we arrived the everyone was so welcoming and ready to take care of even the smallest request. The food at Emiliano's and the beac club was delicious, the drinks were plentiful and strong, and all the staff made sure that our first trip to Casa Velas would certainly not be our last. Despite a little rain on our wedding day, Gaby (our coordinator), Rangel, and the rest of the staff at the beach club took amazing care of us and it was truly an evening to remember. Other highlights: Benny at the lobby bar makes a dangerously delicious Paloma and is hilarious. Our suite was so comfortable, it was hard to leave it some days. And the spa treatments made us both feel like we were made of jell-o (in a good way). The property itself was very well kept and just gorgeous. I cannot recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: Get a lower level room with a plunge pool-perfect for those balmy PV nights. Ours was right on the g...
Dear Guest,

It’s a great pleasure to read your review a thrill to all the staff and myself to know your vacation became a memorable and wonderful unique experience, thank you so much for taking the time to share your delightful moments in trip advisor, we highly appreciate it, and we look forward to another great experience in your home away from home.

Best Regards

Newborn, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent resort for relaxation. It is a small, adults only all-inclusive. It is located in the center of a golf course, so the views are beautiful all around. If you want to have time on the beach, they have a private beach resort that is just a short shuttle ride away (or you can walk to it). The service is impeccable and the food is very good (except for the cheesecake). Also, you can take the shuttle to a Japanese restaurant at their sister resort, but it is only open certain nights and you have to have a reservation. We didn't know that so when we tried to go it was already booked up, so that was disappointing. There were always lounge chairs available at the pool with fantastic service and most of the time there was a cabana available to get out of the sun if you wanted. We ordered lunch from the pool and enjoyed that also.

My only complaint is that we found out about some activities and limitations (like the reservations for the other restaurant) after-the-fact. I wish they would have an information sheet about what is going on each day. I would definitely go back again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience in Tripadvisor, the entire
Staff and myself are very thrilled to know you enjoyed the wonderful service and unique atmosphere that only Casa Velas can provide you, In the warm and tranquility of our grounds.
We truly look forward to another enchanting experience.

Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

was there 10/15-22/13 second time there. High points and why I will come back; small comfortable, warm very friendly staff, we eat everything no problems, good food, drinks. also a lovely beach house with pool and restaurant. The main reason is intangible; that when there, BIG BREATH, sigh, I am where I want to be. Single biggest negative food well prepared but not as good as times past. when checking place out note you have access to Vellas Vallerta for food, entertainment pool. (those people cannot visit you)

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing Casa Velas once again as your Home Away From Home.
We appreciate the time you have taken to express vacation experience “this is your kind of place “and we love to have you again soon in the near future to enjoy more beautiful days in our private beach club and restaurants.

On behalf of all the staff,

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just returned from Casa Velas and it was wonderful. This was our first time in PV and we enjoyed bit of the trip. Everything at Casa Velas was superb. Service, grounds, food, beach club and above all the best staff members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear guest,

We absolutely love the title of your review, In behalf of all the staff in Casa Velas and myself we thank you for sharing your comments, and we hope to accomplish perfection in your vacation once again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon at Casa Velas. I had been in 2009 with some family and friends and knew it would be a great place for our honeymoon. Everything about Casa Velas is exceptional, to the check in, to the check out. I'm horrible with names and I wish I had written them down but every employee there is so special and nice, they go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Manuel works in the main restaurant and is great, make sure and ask him to make you his special coffee, it's really beautiful. The food is hands down the best you will ever get an an all inclusive, I don't even count the food as all inclusive quality, it's above and beyond, all fresh, perfect sizes, and exceptionally good.
My favorite place to hang all day is at the beach club, which is a short 3 min shuttle away from the main resort. It's worth it. It is so relaxing and beautiful, you can't help but relax. The service is again, amazingly good. Bring money for tipping, they deserve every bit of it.
The rooms are very beautifully laid out, the showers are huge. My only complaint about the room is that the shower never got very warm, and the water pressure was weak. It was so warm that the cooler shower was ok, but I love a good hot shower. But the shower's themselves are really big and nice.
Only other thing I think Casa Velas should invest in is a better beer selection. They had a very limited selection of Mexican beers, which is good, but I'm use to better quality beers, and would have liked to have had a wider variety to choose from.
Oh, and I slept so well there, I have to find out what mattress they use, as I am a poor sleeper normally, but slept like a baby there.
With that said, we will be back. It's just too nice of a place with too nice of people working there.
As far as excursions, I highly recommend the zip line river canopy tour. The staff there is very nice, very safe, and we loved every minute of it. I did it this one in 2009 and even recognized one of the guides, that made me good that they can retain their employees.

I can't wait for our next week at Casa Velas.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are nice, but I wouldn't splurge on a splash pool or hot tub as the mosqui...
Dear guest,

Warm greetings from sunny Casa Velas, Thank you so much for sharing your vacation experience and observations in TripAdvisor, It was a pleasure to host you for the second time in your home away from home!

We look forward to another amazing week in company of all the beautiful moments that only Casa Velas can provide you.

moviedocv@velasresorts.com

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!