My husband and I took our first trip to Puerta Vallerta in ten years. We had a very stressful year and my hubby recently had surgery. Well....our travel agent, Lynne at Travel Forum sent us on a trip better than any medicine. We spent Oct 5-12 in the wonderful city of Puerta Vallerta at the beautiful Casa Velas Resort. We received an unbelievably warm welcome at the airport and the attention, service and warm welcomes continued on. Only five minutes from the airport; our first visit to Casa Velas a boutique hotel with 80 rooms surpassed our expectations. My husband and I have been all over MX and the Caribbean at 6 star resorts and have never received the personalized service we got at Casa Velas.
This resort--is so relaxing, soothing and tranquil you are immediately renewed in spirit. The manager, Manuel Oviedo, the Conceirge, Denisse Gonzalez and Jorge the driver immediately made us feel as if they were welcoming us into their own home and treated us like beloved family. It is obvious they love their city, country and hotel and want you to share their enthusiasm. Benny at the lobby bar always had a smile.
The resort grounds are meticulously maintained and the entry is just a peek at what is to come. The main lobby is filled with glowing candles, gleaming, polished furniture and staff waiting to greet you with cool drinks and towels.
Being a boutique hotels this facility is adults-only and not a party atmosphere. The music is relaxing like the environment. There is a peaceful feeling of serenity that fills your soul.
The pool area has a view of the golf course. The pool area is so relaxing and you can remain in the sun or sit in one of the cabanas...the swim up bar is staffed by waiters happy to make a tropical drink...try the cucumber (cucumber & mint) and lemon drop martini...nothing like the ones at home....so much better!
Our morning room service with pot of coffee arrived like clock work and the waiter was so consistent and attentive I smiled all day.
Emiliano's restaurant offers unbelievable gourmet meals. The hostess Brenda meets you daily and the service is superior. I am sorry I don't remember all the waiters names but they were all fabulous and attentive and remembered I only wanted 1/2 portions (pocito). The Chef's dinner was amazing, and fun. The gazpacho, watercress and tortilla soups were amazing. The healthy eggs, museli, and sorbet were the best I have ever had. I wish I could have stayed longer to taste everything on the menu.
If you are an ocean lover, the Beach Club is a short ride away; the infinity pool overlooks the ocean. If you go be sure to have the Beach Sunset Dinner which is the best I have ever been to and my husband and I have been to many. We also attended a fun cooking class at the Beach Club where we learned to make sushi and met other guests. The hotel provides the most amazing functional beach bag during your stay.
The spa though small provided the most personalized spa service I have ever had. Lulu has magic hands and it is amazing someone so tiny can give such a powerful massage and light touch facial. The rituals and foot washing are amazing and just another added touch. Be sure to use the facilities, rain shower, sauna, steam and hydrotherapy pool...Emma will be there to help.
If you want a little more action you can use the facilities at the sister hotel Velas; where we had breakfast at the beach restaurant and attended the festive Mexican dinner w/show. Donald, the manager is most gracious and this is a lovely family resort if you are so inclined.
We also took a ride to Nuevo to see the beautiful Gran Velas with beautiful infinity pool and grounds and ate at Azul on the beach..
We took a trip downtown, a sunset cruise and had an outstanding gourmet dinner at the unique LaLeche restaurant.
Casa Velas delivered outstanding service and really where we preferred to be most of our stay. We had little interest in venturing out because everything was at our fingertips. We had seven perfect sunny, hot days and left feeling renewed and refreshed.
This is truly like a glimpse of what heaven must be like.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with JackRabbit Systems, Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.