We just finished our first week at Casa Velas Resort and hope it will not be our last. We originally hesitated about this location because it was not on the beach. It turned out to be the best of both worlds. Our "room" was two stories with a terrace and our own backyard and pool on the golf course giving us both privacy and lovely views. It was really more of a villa feel, or personal home. However, we could (and did!) spend our day at the beach in the hotel's beach club. It was great because you have the option of sitting by the pool (away from beach shopping), or right out in the sand. Both had good shade options in case you are muy blanco like us! We also had lunch and a dinner at the beach club and the food was amazing. Coconut shrimp with mango salsa, crab appetizers and an assortment of desserts. Coming and going was on our schedule in a van provided by the hotel and we found it was nice to have a destination to go to and get out of the main resort, but have the insulation and security of still being care taken by the staff. And care take they did - everywhere we went as has been remarked by many other reviewers. We were also a little concerned about there being only one restaurant. However, we found plenty of options between room service for breakfast, snacks and drinks by the pool, and the beach club - all of which we used and enjoyed. But the meals at the main restaurant were truly gourmet. One dish was a medallion of beef topped with mole sauce served along side a single large cheese ravioli topped by lobster - delicious! The all inclusive wine selection was also very satisfactory - with nice choices from Spain and Chile. There really wasn't a single item in our experience about which to complain. Everyone really does make you feel at home and like they sincerely care about your enjoying your stay. In particular the chief concierge Denisse Gonzalez was very helpful, arranging our transportation to and from the airport, contacting us ahead of time about our room preferences and following up during the trip about whether our needs were being met. What a wonderful break from the pressures of life and great location to recharge. Thank you everyone at Casa Velas for our stay!
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.