Casa Velas is more than a sum of its amenities. So much of the experience at this resort is made possible by their outstanding staff that goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. You may be able to find a cheaper resort with a location closer to the beach and a greater variety of restaurant choices, but overall you would struggle to find one that compares to the overall experience of Casa Velas.
My wife and I returned from an anniversary trip to Casa Velas during the last week of July. We had booked our reservation earlier this year once we settled on a location. We have never been to Puerto Vallarta or stayed at an all-inclusive resort, but I believe we’ve found one of the better ones. The first impression we received was at booking. There are certainly cheaper options, but we were impressed with the reviews and the amenities were exactly what we were looking for in a resort. If you want to explore Puerto Vallarta more and simple want a place to stay I believe Casa Velas also offers non all-inclusive options, however their main restaurant, Emiliano, and other cafes and bars don’t give you much reason to want to dine elsewhere other than maybe for a night or two.
After booking the head concierge, Denise, was able to setup transportation to the resort from the airport.
As a side note the airport can be intimidating for a first timer to Puerto Vallarta. Do some research on the ‘shark tank’ and tips to avoid the time share salespeople there.
Upon arrival we received a cool drink and towel and were leisurely checked-in. We were given a tour of the grounds and taken to our room. From the beginning the entire staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. At other resorts this might fade as the stay progresses, but not at Casa Velas. The staff do a great job learning your name and room number.
Some of the highlights of our trip include the dining which was always extremely well prepared regardless of meal. Emillanos is the only restaurant on the resort which is open for every meal. We went for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and all were great. Dinner is more formal, but we still felt very relaxed. There were enough options for at least several days, however you can also go to their sister resort, Velas Vallarta which has more dining options. We went one evening to the buffet, La Ribera, but the food did not compare. Velas Vallarta seemed to be more like what I imagine a typical (and probably cheaper) all-inclusive would be like. One key difference is there are no children allowed at Casa Velas. Denise mentioned they had previously allowed kids for a short time as you may see in the reviews, but have since gone back to an adults-only retreat, which I believe was a great move.
Other dining options include a café at the Beach Club which is typically open until 6:00 PM however they have one evening each week that offers dinner on the beach. I would highly recommend this as the Puerto Vallarta sunset is a gorgeous backdrop. There is also a bar here as well as a smaller pool. The Beach Club is not directly attached to the main resort, but the shuttle was always available and not nearly as much of a drawback as I imagined it might be. One afternoon we actually had the entire Beach Club to ourselves.
The pool bar and lobby bar back at the main resort are just amazing. Beny, the bartender at the lobby bar (who is mentioned in almost nearly every review) is one of the most genuinely service orientated staff I have ever met. He made us all feel at ease and the last evening my wife and I enjoyed his company as well as several other couples at the resort. He made us a delicious sampling of cocktails and catered to our every request.
I would also recommend the spa, which is small, but extremely high-class. Prices seem comparable to any other top-end resort. Also if the property sits on a golf course and the staff will setup a round of golf for you if you desire.
I could go on in great detail, but honestly you need to experience it all in person. There are only some minor negative items which were easy to overlook. The rooms are renovated, but very slightly dated (due to sheer age of the property, but still in great shape). The beach is not right outside of your room, but again not enough to detract from staying here. Activities are not readily available on the resort, but Denise will go out of her way to make sure you are satisfied. She booked a zip-lining adventure for my wife and I.
If you want a truly relaxing experience at one of the best resorts in the Carribean I highly recommend Casa Velas. Their service is Ritz-Carlton-esque and you will not regret your stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.