Having read some of the other reviews, I am surprised by the negative experiences that some guests have had. During our 5 days there, we did not see a single child at our resort. We saw more than we cared to see at Velas Vallarta (sister resort), and it appears to me that's the one intended for families. Having access to both resorts was ideal because we could take a very short drive (provided by the resort) when we wanted to have some fun in the sun (pool volleyball, ping pong, beach time, etc) or we could relax at Casa Velas when we wanted some peace and quiet. While we enjoyed meals at both locations, the food at Casa Velas was far superior. Even the menu at the swim-up bar had very delicious options!
From the moment we arrived, Denisse (the concierge) was super helpful. Not only did she help us plan our off-site adventures, but she also made sure we had everything we needed during our stay. Benny, Cruz, and Freddy (waiters and bartenders) were also instrumental in ensuring our needs were met.
Our room was very spacious and we found the bed really comfortable. The only thing this place is missing is that it's not on the beach. Though I wonder if that would draw a different type of guest. Speaking of which, we met some very nice couples during our stay. Everyone there seemed to be enjoying themselves. The property is big enough that you can enjoy some alone time or you can mingle with the other guests, if desired.
We made use of the spa, and while tiny, we had no trouble scheduling treatments when desired. We did the hydrotherapy treatment followed by a couples massage. Both were quite satisfying.
While we did not take advantage of either, I was impressed that the resort offered a cooking class and a massage class. Had we scheduled a longer stay, I probably would have taken advantage of both!
As for timing, we were there during the first week of July and got to experience some fascinating thunder storms a couple nights. Fortunately, the weather during the day was perfect.
Overall, I was extremely pleased with our stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique