“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Rincon de Guayabitos, Mexico
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We just spent five days at Casa Velas for our 20th anniversary. We live just north of Puerto Vallarta and wanted something close to home for business reasons. Casa Velas was an amazing retreat in the middle of Vallarta. The property is extremely well maintained and beautiful.
The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay comfortable. The food at Emiliano was wonderful. Room service was always very good and efficient. We each had a few spa treatments which were also wonderful. We stayed in a Grand Class Suite, thank you Caroline for the upgrade! Our room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was really plush with great bedding and down pillows.. Fluffy thick towels in the bath and L'Occitanne bath products We would highly recommend this lovely hotel and will be back. The hotel is beautiful and the staff really makes it what it is, they really care about their guests.

Room Tip: We stayed in 502A lovely golf course view with private plunge pool. Nice patio for dining and a sepa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Casa Velas appreciates the time you have taken to give us your opinion and observations, guest satisfaction is very important to us and we are very happy to know you had a wonderful time.

I thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your home away from home.

Best regards,

T:DIR +52 (322) 226 6691

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We recently spent a week at Casa Velas for a wedding. We have been traveling to Mexico for over 25 years. We have a home in Cabo San Lucas. I believe that we know what to expect from a Mexican Resort. We were not disappointed in any way with Casa Velas. The service could not have been better. The staff was very friendly and personable. Within the first day they knew our name and our room number. The food was always between very good and excellent (we have stayed at other all inclusive resorts where you would escape the resort looking for a great meal). The facilities were perfect... lust and green and very clean. The way that the hotel handled the wedding was simply amazing. They anticipated every need of both the wedding couple and the guests. We will definitively stay there again. Do not hesitate to visit.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room facing the golf course. We visited other rooms and they all seemed perfec...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear guest.

Warm greetings from Casa Velas , thank you for sharing your lovely experience. We feel honored to know we exceeded your expectations. Having the satisfaction that in the near future, you will be a returning guest, please know that all of our guest are pampered and well taken care of providing the essences of your home away from home.

New Orl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We chose this resort out of many resorts in the U.S. Mexico and Latin America primarily because of all the glowing reviews we read. Casa Velas is "post card" pretty and the service is among the best we have experienced anywhere. The onsite restaurant, Emiliano, was fantastic and the best food we had during our stay. While not located directly on the beach the 2 minute shuttle ride was very easy and we never had to wait more than a minute to picked up or dropped off. This is a romantic resort and perfect for couples. I would not recommend this resort for anyone bringing children. There just isn't anything there for the children to do other than the pool. We would have rated the resort as a perfect five out of five but the front desk was a bit disorganized. We had trouble getting confirmation of our prepaid all inclusive fees prior to our stay. Upon check in everything was as it should be but our payment of all inclusive fees was somehow lost upon check out. Luckily I had brought the email confirmation of our payment and everything was fine. We loved our stay and will return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a lovely review,we highly appreciate the time you have taken to express your memorable experience, I apologize for the inconvenience upon check out;please know that we have taken action in the matter the best in service. we're very happy to know that you have chosen us from all the resorts in the area.Our goal is to provide an atmosphere that is full of comfort and tranquility, making Casa Velas your home away form home.

Best Regards,

Irvington, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This was our second time at Casa Velas , third visit to Mexico. It is always a excellent experience. I have never been pampered and treated like royalty {close to it} Before. We just returned yesterday and I want more..... Gourmet food everyday, Drinks all day, great weather, excellent staff, heavenly spas, and a great way to reconnect or have your honeymoon. Pool was on site but the beach was a 2 min shuttle away{Provided by the resort}. This was the slow season but years ago when I went in July {Prime time} Service was the same. Golf course on site for golfers. They have a sister resort nearby {Larger, family suited} which you can visit and also eat, dine, etc. Of course you can find negative things if you like to complain and look hard enough But why? Take a trip and use me as a reference, I don't mind you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool. AC unit was good just remember they use the metric system.
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Casa Velas, We appreciate the time you have taken to express your lovely experience. It truly was a pleasure to assist you at all time. Casa Velas is very happy to know you enjoyed the tranquil. relaxed atmosphere, the exquisite dishes from emiliano and the beautiful sunsets at the beach club. Hopefully you will give us the opportunity to be your host again in the near future.

Best Regards,

SF Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My better half and I just got back from Casa Velas just a couple of days ago. We went for our 15 year anniversary. I can't give it 4.5 stars like I would like to, but that's my real rating.

We have been owners since December 2008, and this was our first time visiting Casa Velas. We have already been to Velas Vallarta and Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, so we were looking forward to this long weekend. We were very happy to get the letter from Grupo Velas letting us know that they are going to continue to be an Adults Only Resort the week before we arrived.

When we arrived, our transportation was there to greet us and take us to the hotel. You literally make a right out of the airport, then the next right and in a few short minutes, the gate is opening up to let you into the resort. The entrance is beautiful and the grounds are extremely well kept! You can tell from the front that this is a small intimate place. We arrived to the cool hibiscus drink and cool towel for the face. We were nervous because we didn't want to be told we had to go to a mandatory member's update meeting. IT NEVER HAPPENED!!! Do you know how big of a deal that was to us? That instantly relaxed us!!!!

We were given room 302 which was a Grand Class Suite. It was a clean well kept room with a plunge pool on the balcony that was perfect for snuggling. You can tell that things are a little older in this section of the hotel because the tiles in the plunge pool on the balcony were lifting, and there was a large set of cracks in the sink. I actually did expect a bit more in the maintenance department as far as those tiles and cracks in the sink go, but it was still hospitable. The bed was comfortable, almost too soft for those of us with low back/hip issues and the pillows were too soft, you have to scrunch it together just to get a little bit of texture and neck support. On our last evening, someone moved into room 301 next door. Whenever they took a shower, we would hear this super loud buzzing. For a minute I thought it was a floor machine. It happened at 1am and it was really annoying. The front desk called the room, they let it ring only once and no one answered(I heard it ring) I called maintenance to come listen to this noise so they could figure it out, but by the time they got there 20 minutes later it was gone!

Emiliano's restaurant was very good. We enjoyed everything but our breakfast smoothies. It lacked texture and didn't do much as far as filling you up. Room service was excellent, but the quality of the tortilla soup(my absolute favorite) late night wasn't up to par as far as texture goes.

The beach club was great. It was small, private and quaint. The crab sandwich was really yummy! The beach isn't up to my usual standards since the sand was kind of dirty with litter and there aren't any waves to boogie board like the amazing waves at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit. The other pitfall is the amount of people who come up to sell you stuff on the beach. I was almost asleep and someone woke me up to sell me something! A little annoying but everyone has to make money, right? It also closed quite early that day due to a party which was disappointing.

The pool bar was awesome! We met a lot of people there, even made a couple of lasting connections! The pool is very shallow so you can just walk around on your knees and sit indian style and talk to people in the water which we did. Fredy hooked us up with some great drinks. He knew how to keep us happy!

So why did I give it 4.5 stars? Although it was exactly the long weekend we wanted, there were a few missing elements. I have already mentioned some drawbacks, but most of it was on the administrative level of things. When we checked in, I explained that our flight didn't leave until 5pm and we wanted to have late check out. We were told by Denisse the concierge if our room wasn't rented out on our day of departure it wouldn't be a problem. We called to find out the day before and were told Denisse wasn't there so no one could answer our question. I thought a luxury hotel had a concierge at the hotel available at all times. I called again the day of departure and we were told we could only keep the room for one extra hour and it would be $20USD per person. We were appalled because when we were at Grand Velas, it wasn't a problem. My better half had to go downstairs and remind them we are owners and that Denisse the concierge was supposed to take care of this issue and we have been trying to resolve it since the day we checked in. After that, we were allowed to keep the room until 3pm. They hadn't arranged our transportation back to the airport either which is in our contract so it was kind of frustrating that my better half had to go downstairs just to handle the situation. I run an office, and this should have never happened. Yes, the hotel patrons are important, but it's us owners who have really kept Grupo Velas going so you need to treat us better than that!

I do highly recommend this hotel to everyone, it is a beautiful small intimate resort meant for adults in love to enjoy a quiet relaxing vacation! I still feel the level of customer service at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit is much better and the rooms were in better physical condition over there, but that could have a lot to do with the age of the buildings. I was notified by sales staff in August of 2011 that Grupo Velas is supposed to be building a place in Cabo as well as Costa Rica and the Dominican Republic. So far there is no word on when and if those will open, so for now it's time to renovate what you already have! We have paid A LOT of money as owners so we expect to see rooms that are a little better kept! When I go back, I am hopeful I will get a room in building 5 or 6 which was even quieter than the main building.

So 4.5 stars it is. We will definitely be back!!!!

Room Tip: Try buildings 5 or 6, it seems that they are newer and quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Casa Velas appreciates the time you have taken to give us your opinion and observations, please be assured that your comments have been very helpful and we are committed to improve all of our weak areas. I apologize for the inconvenience you had to deal with upon check out. It was wrong on my part,, I should have confirmed your request with my coworkers. Please know that Casa Velas takes highly in to consideration all of our guest comments, always working on pampering and making our guests feel at home. I hope that during your next visit we can have the pleasure to assist you in making a memorable vacation with the quality of a 5 star review.

Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just got back from Casa Velas, Puerto Vallarta. Our first visit to Mexico not staying directly on the ocean. Well worth it for this resort on the Marina Vallarta golf course with it's own private beach club on the ocean anyway. The staff is amazing and takes excellent care of you. The food is great and you can use your all inclusive at the nearby Velas Vallarta property as well. One of our best vacations ever!

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for one viewing the golf course or pool. Ours wasn't but was wonderful re...
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We really liked the personal attention and boutique feel you get from hotel casa velas. It's the perfect place if you are not a fan of big, busy high rise hotels. The rooms were nice and the service was great. The only 2 downsides were that the beach 2 minutes away was not that great (although I think that applies anywhere in PVC if you are used to the Caribbean beaches) and , while the marina Vallarta area where this hotel is located is charming, next time I would prefer to stay closer to downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!