“The most peaceful stay, the nicest employees” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Seattle, Washington
“The most peaceful stay, the nicest employees”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Lets get the negative out of the way right off the bat.
We checked in and the package that my traveling companion booked through RCI had been replaced with one twice the $$. My friend did not want to make this a stressful moment for us, so she just signed and we began our trip, but I have to say the check in process was less than ideal. They should have looked at her confirmation, called the travel group and sorted it out later once we checked in, but they made us sit and wait for over 45 minutes. No bueno.
ANYWAY... on to the trip.
Casa Velas is a three minute private, always available shuttle ride from the beach club, which is where we spent almost the whole trip - with one of the nicest staff's and best eternity pool. The people we met there, the service we got from the staff, the view, the cleanliness, the willingness to meet our every request with a smile - Wow.
The guests we had experiences were all first rate, respectful, interesting people.
The constant attentions from Jorge, Daniel, Jose and the lovely hostesses at the hotel restaurant Emilliano's, were enough to right any of the front desks rather stiff reception (a theme in that area which persisted the rest of the trip there by the way).
For the most part we just rellllllaaaaxed, and let the cares of the day drift away.
We visited the larger property by the beach, which was quite nice, just much louder than I prefer.
ALl inclusive, even at the rate we paid - well we could not eat and drink enough to make that even out I don't think, really - but the luxury feel of everything was enough to make me not worry. Top shelf this, a little extra that, another smile, another gracious hand helping me from the shuttle ... excellent.
Another nice note, our safe was broken twice, (the computer chip inside was malfunctioning) and to make sure we felt safe leaving our valuables there the maintenance guys were there in a flash and replaced it for us with no fuss.
Special people:
Jorge
Rosy
Rahel
Daniel
Jose
Hostesses
Other guests
Pedro the wonderful peacock who visits at every meal
Fred, my favorite little turtle in the fountain pond out front

I WILL return.

Room Tip: We chose a double queen room facing the golf course with a dip pool. 105 I believe. It was nice. And...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

848 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Caledon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Casa Velas has changed - the service and food in the restaurant has deteriorated. The service is very slow and the restaurant staff seems disinterested. The pool and Beach Club are still excellent but overall things have changed since my visit last year.

Highlights are Beny's smiling face and the resident peacocks.

Room Tip: Master suite which gives you your own small pool for relaxation. Definitely worth the extra money.
Anaheim Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

You are greeted by staff upon arrival; we had Jorge. He was very nice. You are served Cold Tea, which was refreshing, and given a cold wash cloth. Check-in seemed to have gone pretty quickly. I will say, I LOVE the smell/scent in the lobby.
Staff that deserves mentioning: Beny, Bernardino, Jorge, & Mauro are some to share.
Our room was nice; it was on the 2nd floor. We had a jacuzzi pool on our deck overlooking the golf course. That was nice. Our room location was quiet-in the 500's wing of the hotel. The bathroom in our room definitely needed some minor cosmetic maintenance otherwise it was a spacious sized room. I loved how manicured all the trees, flowers, and plants were.
I loved the exotic flowers placed throughout the facility in places you wouldn't think they'd put it and add a nice touch!
I think that this hotel should have at least 1 other restaurant. So, there is only one restaurant that serves breakfast lunch and dinner. There is the swim up bar/snack bar as well.
To the left of the Emiliano restaurant is a path that has different exotic plants/flowers. A quick stroll to check it out at least once.
The property overlooks the golf course.
The Spa is extremely small with only 3 treatment rooms. And the steam room/sauna is a 1 person area and you need an appointment to use it. I had a facial and a therapeutic body massage. Both very good!
The gym is connected with the spa and is on the 1st floor. Nice size; very clean.
I think with this time of year it was very quite-almost too quite and were a lot of seniors here; even considering it's Spring Break. (We are in our 30's).
I feel that an area for improvement is timeliness and organizations between waiters and housekeeping. Things just took forever-I know one is on vacation, but, time is important.
Tipping from my husband and I's observation was not the norm, however, we tipped $40-50 pesos for drinks/meals.
I highly recommend trying the guacamole and salsa with each lunch/dinner meals. It is SO worth it!! On the dinner menu, I highly recommend the shrimp w/ beans and pork-- it was Delish! Had this the first dinner here. In general everything we've tasted is good. One area in the restaurant they need major improvements on is their desserts. Horrible except for a corn-cake that is good. Their baked breads, sweet rolls are good though (breakfast).
I recommend Velas Vallarta (sister hotel) while staying in Puerto Vallarta... by checking out their pool and dining. The poolside restaurant is actually good; minus again the desserts I tried almost every single one and are not worth more than 1 bite-ful. They have the BEST salsa with the guacamole --slightly different from Casa Velas. I highly recommend the Chicken Fajita's! Very tasty. Got this twice already!
All in all it's a decent place if you want quite, quaint, boutique-y hotel. People are nice. Weather is nice. No bugs.

Room Tip: Second floor in the 500's wing with the jacuzi in patio.
Red Bank, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Firstly we want to say, without reservation, that we love the staff. We love the food. We love the two locations.

We hate the way management is changing the formula that brought us back four times.

Casa Velos is no longer a "boutique" hotel..........children are now welcomed, buffet meals are a regular feature, the beach club is only open when someone"(?) decides that day that it should be open, and drunken destination wedding guests are allowed to take over the pools and party until 2.00am.

A new Marketing/Planning Dept is needed to help Management determine which part of the vacationer market they are aiming for. At the moment they alienanting almost everyone, most certainly regulars who want a return to the peaceful setting that made it so appealing in the first place.

We are really sad that we have to write such a negative review but we blame Management entirely. We can only hope that comments like this will bring about changes.

Room Tip: Do not go if a wedding is scheduled during your stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest

We really appreciate the time taken to express your opinion and observations, please be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.

I deeply regret the inconveniences found during your stay, I would like to comment that in addition to Emiliano restaurant with an international cuisine, our restaurant at the beach club and suite service 24 hrs. All our Casa Velas Guests have access to Velas Vallarta our sister property where you will find two more restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner with menus that changes every night (Italian, Mexican, French, Oriental, Spanish and steak house night) our Casa Velas Hotel Boutique has always been polished to offer a concept of gourmet luxury hospitality by excellence and distinguished location where human warmth and our passion for service to ensure total satisfaction of our guests.

We’ll always be willing to welcome you, and hopefully you give us the opportunity again to have you in a near future at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique and treat you with the excellence that you deserve.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas!

ANGEL GARCIA V.
Chief Concierge
T: +52 (322) 226 6686
E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com
Salisbury, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We returned to Casa Velas after a wonderful experience in 2012. We loved the serenity, the lovely staff and the all inclusive gourmet a la carte cuisine.

We were so sad to find that Casa Velas has changed. Drunken shouting in the pool, set breakfast and dinner buffets instead of a la carte, throbbing music, pool volleyball and shouting outside our room at night. We left after 3 nights and have retreated to the St Regis at Punta Mita which is truly wonderful and actually not much more expensive.

Something has changed at Casa Velas. The staff seemed unhappy and they confided that they 'understood why we were leaving early'. The wonderful Beach Club was closed for weddings - and I think they new this was unfair and wrong. It led to terrible over crowding of the main pool - and bed bagging - which we thought would never happen at Casa Velas

I truly hope that management realizes soon that opening up the hotel to huge parties will drive away those of us who value peace and quiet on our holiday. I wrote to the Manager and received no reply though - so I guess Casa Velas is destined for a new clientele.

Dear Guest

In Casa Velas Hotel Boutique we are concerned and very interested about our client’s observations. Of course, it is never pleasant to hear that we have disappointed one of our guests. Be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.

Since we are a family friendly resort, I fully understand the change of perspective that now may have from our hotel considering the wonderful experiences in the past lived in this little slice of paradise, Indeed, we had a wedding ceremony at the beach club and it closed 4 hrs earlier that day, please accept my apology for any inconveniences that it might caused to you, our hotel still remain that special cozy place, with the highest quality service, friendliness, and the relentless pursuit of satisfying all the needs of our guests.

You are always cordially invited to visit us again at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique with personalize service, where all our guests are equally important,

Receive a warm greeting and a friendly HOLA from Casa Velas

ANGEL GARCIA V
Chief Concierge
T: +52 (322) 226 6686
E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed there last week for a business conference. The rooms were very nice and the staff were great. Very typical upscale Mexican resort. Manicured lawns, lots of stone and artwork, very clean and welcoming. The staff here really make the difference. They get to know you quickly and go out of their way to ensure your comfort. The restaurant food was top notch.

This resort is not on the beach and probably doesn't need to be. It's literally a 5 minute walk away and they have their own beach club which guests can use. There's also a shuttle which will take you back and forth to the club.

The only downside is that the airport is very close, about a 10 minute drive, which is good but you will hear jet noise during the day. However, the airport groups their flights during certain hours so it's not constant, not late and not early. I didn't even notice the flights after the first day. The rooms were great but the tub and showers could probably use a remodel.

I would recommend this place for couples. There is no partying here and I didn't see any kids.

Room Tip: Buy the all inclusive package. From what I could tell the price was not much more and the quality i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We recently stayed at Casa Velas for a week. We loved the resort, it was very beautiful. The staff was wonderful. I actually felt a bit teary saying goodbye to the staff when it was time to leave there.
There was a mixup with our room, but I think it was with our travel agent not the resort. They offered us a good deal on an upgrade that we took. Our room was beautiful 2 stories with lots of sitting and eating areas and 2 bathrooms. We mostly used the upstairs portion as the deck and plung pool were really shady and the mosquitoes would come after me if I went outside. I like being really warm so upstairs was the place to be.
The resort is not right next to the ocean, which I thought was ok as there was an easily accessible beach club. I honestly did miss the sound of the ocean while I was sleeping though.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The food was pretty good. I was dissapointed that the menu had changed so much from the one I saw online that had so many options that looked good to me. I'm pretty picky but managed to have a few good meals. The natchos we had were the best I've had anywhere. I also enjoyed the eggs benedict, and the coconut pie which I ate again and again.
We ate one night at the beach club and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. The food was delicous! We also had one lunch at the beach club that we really enjoyed also.
We spent a lot of time taking taxi's to town, then would usually alternate our extra hours with the pool area or the beach club. The bar and food service at both was excellent.
I loved how if we had a camera with us staff would often offer to take our picture together. Now we have a few couples photo memories we wouldn't have had otherwise.
While we enjoyed our trip a lot I probably won't go back unless they become adults only again. There were a few children there at the same time as us. They were well behaved but I did feel their presence. While I love children and have small children at home when we get away as a couple we really want to be adults only.

Room Tip: Room 519's patio area and plunge pool was very shady during the time we were there in February s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!