Lets get the negative out of the way right off the bat.
We checked in and the package that my traveling companion booked through RCI had been replaced with one twice the $$. My friend did not want to make this a stressful moment for us, so she just signed and we began our trip, but I have to say the check in process was less than ideal. They should have looked at her confirmation, called the travel group and sorted it out later once we checked in, but they made us sit and wait for over 45 minutes. No bueno.
ANYWAY... on to the trip.
Casa Velas is a three minute private, always available shuttle ride from the beach club, which is where we spent almost the whole trip - with one of the nicest staff's and best eternity pool. The people we met there, the service we got from the staff, the view, the cleanliness, the willingness to meet our every request with a smile - Wow.
The guests we had experiences were all first rate, respectful, interesting people.
The constant attentions from Jorge, Daniel, Jose and the lovely hostesses at the hotel restaurant Emilliano's, were enough to right any of the front desks rather stiff reception (a theme in that area which persisted the rest of the trip there by the way).
For the most part we just rellllllaaaaxed, and let the cares of the day drift away.
We visited the larger property by the beach, which was quite nice, just much louder than I prefer.
ALl inclusive, even at the rate we paid - well we could not eat and drink enough to make that even out I don't think, really - but the luxury feel of everything was enough to make me not worry. Top shelf this, a little extra that, another smile, another gracious hand helping me from the shuttle ... excellent.
Another nice note, our safe was broken twice, (the computer chip inside was malfunctioning) and to make sure we felt safe leaving our valuables there the maintenance guys were there in a flash and replaced it for us with no fuss.
Pedro the wonderful peacock who visits at every meal
Fred, my favorite little turtle in the fountain pond out front
I WILL return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique