We recently stayed at Casa Velas for a week. We loved the resort, it was very beautiful. The staff was wonderful. I actually felt a bit teary saying goodbye to the staff when it was time to leave there.
There was a mixup with our room, but I think it was with our travel agent not the resort. They offered us a good deal on an upgrade that we took. Our room was beautiful 2 stories with lots of sitting and eating areas and 2 bathrooms. We mostly used the upstairs portion as the deck and plung pool were really shady and the mosquitoes would come after me if I went outside. I like being really warm so upstairs was the place to be.
The resort is not right next to the ocean, which I thought was ok as there was an easily accessible beach club. I honestly did miss the sound of the ocean while I was sleeping though.
The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
The food was pretty good. I was dissapointed that the menu had changed so much from the one I saw online that had so many options that looked good to me. I'm pretty picky but managed to have a few good meals. The natchos we had were the best I've had anywhere. I also enjoyed the eggs benedict, and the coconut pie which I ate again and again.
We ate one night at the beach club and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. The food was delicous! We also had one lunch at the beach club that we really enjoyed also.
We spent a lot of time taking taxi's to town, then would usually alternate our extra hours with the pool area or the beach club. The bar and food service at both was excellent.
I loved how if we had a camera with us staff would often offer to take our picture together. Now we have a few couples photo memories we wouldn't have had otherwise.
While we enjoyed our trip a lot I probably won't go back unless they become adults only again. There were a few children there at the same time as us. They were well behaved but I did feel their presence. While I love children and have small children at home when we get away as a couple we really want to be adults only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique