I never write reviews and I have been all over the place in my travels but I felt like I needed to give this resort it's due. My boyfriend and I booked this trip in Nov. of 2012 for February of 2013 for my birthday. We were actually worried about going to a place not directly on the beach and that was so small but wow were we so not dissapointed. The staff here is amazing. The best. Very catering to us and knew our names consistently throughout the vacation. The staff is pretty much the same so it makes it easy getting to know them at the restaurant and bar, pool, etc. Now on the to important stuff - what you want to know.
Rooms - we upgraded our room to the governer suite that looks out onto the main pool. Very nice room with awesome view. We checked out the other rooms even the two floor suites but liked our room the best of all that we saw. No bathtub in that room though, just a shower.
The restuarant Emeilios is delicious. Breakfast is the best. Dont bother going anywhere else for breakfast.
Order the granola parfait and the healthy eggs. This is a must! And the antioxidant juice is yummy. This is what I ordered every day for breakfast.
Dinner is conisently good no matter what - I stuck with the fish and it tends to be better than the meats. So if you like fish stick with the fish. Desserts are sub-par. Ice cream is yummy though.
Do dinner at the beach club one evening and watch the sunset. I think they only do this two nights a week at the resort and we would not have known about it unless someone had mentioned it so make sure you ask the staff when you arrive. It's worth it.
Don't bother going to the resort next door to them. It's overcrowded and we did not like it very much. We did get a massage there but were not impressed with the resort and were told by many others not to waste our time going there to eat. In short, stay at Casa Velas. Originally we were going to stay at Casa Velas for 4 days then go somewhere else on the beach for 4 days. We checked out a couple of other resorts and decided how good we had it at Casa Velas that we decided to stay the entire time. So happy we did. It just felt like home to us. Not too big, not too small, just perfect.
Excursions: make sure you do the Canopy River zip line tour. Awesome!
We also did Rythms of the Night. Boat ride over is a little too long but other than that it was totally worth it. The scenery cannot be beat! Food is very good as well. There is a lady on the beach who does one hour massages for 45 dollars. She is worth every penny. You will run into her at the beach club. We did downtown as well the Romantica district and it was so cool! A lot of fun. Definitely worth seeing. I'd reccommend it as well as the Marina.
Now if you can - you have to set up a dinner reservation at their sister resort in Riviera Maya Grand Velas. The french restaurant named Piaf. It was by far the best food and service. So amazing in fact, that we booked a week at that resort for next February. Yes, already booked. Keep an open mind and you will not be dissapointed at all. Enjoy it!
PS - we did not see but maybe 1 or 2 children our entire trip there. This is not a resort for kids so I am not sure why they added the option. Kids would be bored out of their minds. I would not worry too much about a lot of kids. I dont think they are allowed at the beach club. Safe travels! We fell so much in love with it we are going back. Cheers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique