“I'm hopeful ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Vancouver, Canada
“I'm hopeful ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We are currently staying at Casa Velas (again) and love our time here. We arrived with quite grave concerns that the "Adults Only " policy had been changed for this lovely property. We have met with the manager and understand that due to the concerns of many there is a proposal that children will be welcome only in the summer months. We feel that this would be a good decision and hope that this moves forward!

Angel the concierge has been most helpful, Benny our patio bartender is most delightful, Hector on the pool patio is a great waiter who knows your name and what you prefer.

The beach club has been adult only and remains wonderful - although we would recommend some changes to their menu.

We want to return here, and are hopeful that this "Adult Only" environment will remain.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Chapala, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Casa Velas Jan 2-7, 2013

We once again had an incredible experience at Casa Velas. Everything continues to be the best! We were met by Jorge and Christian, the bell boys and the guys who take care of my overabundance of luggage without a blink of an eye. Jorge has really gone above and beyond in always making us happy while in our room, parking our car or checking in or out etc. Carolina, at front desk is such a wonderful person as kind as she is beautiful. She handles our reservations and anything we need without pause, we really look forward to seeing her each visit. On top of that she has an incredible sense of humor.
Our room was as usual nice, plunge pool, incredible mattress on bed, jacuzzi, spacious bathroom...and even a new brand of amenities...so you now get a loofah sponge ,shampoo, conditioner, shower gel but in a different brand, L'Occitane en Provence Verbena, spa quality. ( I like it better than Gilchrist & Sommes) Will share picture. The concierge Angel, is always available for suggestions, concerns, compliments , hahah, and to lend a helping hand. If he can address an issue right away it is done...I needed a few things in my room, they were there in a flash after speaking to him. Carolina and Angel make a great team along with help from the other front desk staff, like Lluvia and oh my sorry I forget names of others, how rude I shall have to make a list my next visit. They deserve to be mentioned. Mr Oviedo, the General Director, is ever present and also very open to suggestions. Friendly and always checking things but in an unobtrusive way.

So, yes, I know you are all waiting to hear about the new children policy and its effects... well thus far for us no effects. There apparently was a baby there while we were but we never saw one, they say the folks went to VV all the time. There were a few 12-15 year olds seen here and there but seemed to disappear as quickly as they came. Plan to revisit in July at school vacations to get an even better feel but thus far all is good. The Ocean Club is to remain adults only though, so that was great news...

Emiliano, my favorite restaurant in PV remains numero uno to us. Service as always wonderful. Food excellent. They no longer had 3 cheese ice cream which saddened me, but they did have a drink of the night and that was fun...usually martinis, tropical, hibiscus, mango, apple and mandarin, cosmopolitan, etc...yummy! They did have dining in and out, we dined in as felt it was a tad chilly outside.. My favorite dessert Paris Delight has changed some so I branched out, I really liked the assortment of sorbets they are now serving and Maracooya (sp) Passion Fruit Sorbet was really good. Something really different was Tequila Sorbet, dessert and a drink in one. A few nights they also had a main meal special...this was a nice touch for those of us who frequent Casa Velas a lot.
The staff seemed the same except the Restaurant manager was new to me, his name is Manuel and he was very personable. My hats off to Bernadino, Renee, Leonel, Miguel, Daniel, Javier, and any of the other waiters I may have inadvertently forgot, along with the hostess, LizBeth. Sure wish I was dining there right now.

Benny remains at the Lobby Bar and as usual is fun, happy, pleasant and efficient, he has our drinks ready as soon as he sees us sit...
The Aqua Bar remains great with Hector and Freddy, both so friendly and efficient. There is a new addition to the Aqua Bar, a sandwich menu....some great choices I personally tried the pastromi sandwich and the crab sandwich, both were wonderful.

We made full use of the gym this visit and it is really pleasant working out with tropical foliage all around you. We had room service breakfast every day either in our room or on our patio by plunge pool. The Healthy Eggs are really good and saves in calories. Juan Carlos delivered our breakfast one morning and we asked how he was and he replied with a smile... excellente! We asked why excellent and he replied cause the sun is shining...I thought that was a great answer and something to ponder. Pampering simplicity at its finest!!!

We made our usual visit over to sister resort Velas Vallarta to say hello and also to firm up our Feb. reservations with family. We went to say hello to our favorite venders and wow what a surprise...A Cactus/ Agave/Zen Garden on the beach...as well as a new Zen garden outside of Andrea Restaurant. Very nice. There was a very small intimate wedding ceremony going on at that time, so we enjoyed watching that right on the beach and it was done up so beautifully. We noted more cabanas on the beach and also the volleyball court had been moved further down the beach a little. We had lunch at Andrea one day and it was as usual very good. I also had two aromatherapy massages, both were very relaxing and just enough to relax and keep me relaxed. Everything at Velas seemed as usual and good so we look forward to our trip with family there in Feb.

We frequently went for walks about the marina area and still find it quiet, clean, and a very nice area to be in, close enough to get downtown via bus or cab quickly, yet far enough to feel unique and special and away from hustle and bustle. We really enjoy the marina area and feel ever so safe in roaming wherever in marina and downtown and such. Puerto Vallarta remains a great, safe tourist destination.

We spent a day at the Beach/Ocean Club...so relaxing and pampering. We used loungers instead of cabana this visit, very comfy. Rangel and Jorge made sure our time spent there was fantastic, and all our needs were met before we even knew we had them...LOL. I really, really like the Ocean Club and find it so much more pampering and upscale than just on the beach at a typical resort or other beach. You have everything there you could want. The food we had was really good and fit our tastes that day, shrimp burrito, which is loaded, stuffed with shrimp. Hubby loves them. I had tempura shrimp tacos, and yes they are the best shrimp tacos I have had in Mexico no doubt. We also tried Cerviche Coco with fish. This too was a really flavorful dish, just the right mix of spices and coconut..yummy. The ocean was a tad rough the day we were there and there were quite a few clouds in the sky but it was pleasant and fine for walking the beach, sunning etc..

Our time at Casa Velas as usual passed much to quickly. We left rejuvenated, relaxed and pampered. Check in went smoothly as did check out.. I of course saved our AI bracelets, nice momentos.
So once again I write the unbelievable, Best of the Best.. my only complaint not long enough and weather could have been a tad warmer. As we drove thru the scrolled iron gates to leave I felt saddened to know it will be 6 months before I stay again....though I will visit in Feb. when we are at Velas Vallarta and show my son and his family around. So in essence another "excelente" vacation spent at Casa Velas, Why? the sun shone, the staff pampered, the food was great, drinks great and well we were home and life was simple. Our home away from home...........( for more specific details of room layouts, grounds, etc refer to my other many reviews, I tried to make this one different) :)

Room Tip: I like the rooms with plunge pools. All rooms are great.
MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

First off I will admit that I am an owner at Casa Velas and have been for the last 4 years. The hotel itself is beautiful and the grounds and the service are impecable. We have no complaints of anything related to the hotel or it's staff. Our complaint stems from the fact that they are now allowing children into an Adults Only hotel. The main reason we bought at this property was to get away from the running, jumping, screaming kids that are more than abundant at their sister property Velas Vallarta. They gave no notice of the change except a letter informing the owners
that the change was made. There was not even a contact number to call and question this decision.My concern is that changes are made without contacting owners first. I read reports that there were no children there, but I can assure you that children were present during my stay. Also, the Beach Club was only open 1 night for dinner the week we were there and although they say children are not allowed at the Beach Club during the day, we saw them there. In the past, I have reported that this is a quiet paradise in Puerto Vallarta for a very peaceful retreat. I am afraid that this is about to change now that they are allowing children to go there.
also, I would like to thank Carolina at the Reception Desk and Angel at the Concierge Desk as they were very helpful in taking care of all of our needs. Fredy at the pool bar was wonderful and Benny at the patio bar was very entertaining. Last but not least was Emma at the Spa, thank you for taking good care of both my wife and I.

Room Tip: Room 607 and 608 are large Master Suites away from the noise.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I came to Casa Velas the first weekend in January and stayed for 5 days for our honeymoon. Our only regret is that our visit wasn't longer! From the time we arrived at Casa Velas, we were made to feel like royalty. It really seemed as though everyone at the resort was working with the sole purpose to make sure we had an outstanding experience.

IMPRESSIONS
When we first walked in, we were immediately swept off our feet. This is by far the finest luxury/boutique hotel I have ever visited. From the beautiful, calming design of the lobby to being greeted with a refreshing glass of sangria, to the private dipping pool on our balcony, we immediately knew we were in the right place!

RELAXATION
This place met and exceeded our every expectation. Casa Velas is great if you want to just kick back, relax, and enjoy all the comforts of home amidst one of the most naturally beautiful locales in the world. You can easily lounge around Casa Velas resort all day in your bath robe enjoying room service from the comfort of your bed or occasionally getting out to take a walk around the resort or lounge in the cabanas near the pool. This in itself kept us newlyweds thoroughly occupied for at least the first 2 days. Not to mention the wonderful couples massage at the on-site spa! OMG! The resort itself is sooo peaceful and spectacular! (Not a child in sight!)

SIGHTSEEING
However, if you want to venture out for a little more stimulation, Casa Velas arranges tours of the city several days of the week, where you can learn more about Puerto Vallarta itself. The city tour takes you all around - from the market to the mountains to a local seafood eatery- and lets you get off to purchase souvenirs and take photos of the most scenic spots in Pto. Vallarta. I highly recommend the bacon-wrapped shrimp from the eatery - delicioso!

BEACH CLUB
I would be remiss not to mention the Casa Velas beach club. My husband was initially really against going to any place that was not directly on the ocean, but the reviews for this place convinced us to go for it. The other reviews about the beach club are absolutely accurate. The club is only about a 2 minute ride from the resort - and when I said earlier that everyone makes an extra effort to make sure you enjoy the experience, I meant it! We never had to wait more than about a minute to get a ride to and from the club, not to mention the other "sister properties" where we regularly dined for lunch and dinner. The food at Casa Velas and its sister properties was all spectacular - and the beach club was not different! We did not miss a meal the entire trip and we are very picky eaters. Everything we had was delicious.

But back to the beach club. The icing on the cake - and our favorite meal of the entire trip - was our private dinner on the beach, arranged by the club. It was literally just the two of us eating on the beach club patio by candlelight. Again- the meal was superb - filet mingon, shrimp, veggies and a fruit filled crepe with ice cream for dessert. It felt like we had our own private beach..So romantic. It was definitely a one of a kind experience!

Overall this place gets an A++ for me. Both my husband and I have hectic jobs, and Casa Velas is quite a pleasant break from the real world. It is worth every penny for the all inclusive experience. We will definitely be back to relive our honeymoon years from now!

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

From our first steps into the lobby we were greeted by Carolina the Front Office Manager who was gracious & most welcoming. We were offered great options on type of suites and were able to check in early. Loved our room, #304, absolutely nothing blocking our view of the golf course and got a super helping of sun throughout the day.

Service in all areas and times in the resort and beach club was outstanding! The conceirge staff, Angel and Olivia were super in providing info as to local attractions, and reserving spa and dinner times to suit our schedule perfectly. Excellent options for food, drink, and dining 24hrs a day.

We particularly enjoyed hanging down at beach club, where Regal and Carlos pampered us
immensely. The entire grounds were impecable and clean. Highly recommended for quiet, solitude and relaxation.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We returned to Casa Velas for the third time in 4 years and I must say our experience this year was much better than last year. I know that they are allowing kids to now stay at this adults only hotel and many people are very upset about it but I really don't think it's going to be an issue. There were no kids staying during our week vacation and kids will not be allowed at the Beach Club, so it should be fine.
I had requested a specific room when I booked last Oct. and was told it was not available when we arrived. Lluvia at the front desk went out of her way to show us other rooms that were available and let us pick which ever one we wanted. We found a room we really liked so we were fine with the change. Lluvia also checked in with us every day to make sure all was going well with our stay. We also were having problems getting our e-mail and she was kind enough to let us use the hotel computer to check our e-mail when ever we wanted. I know we were on vacation and shouldn't even check e-mail but there were special circumstances this trip and once we found out every thing was ok, we were really able to relax and enjoy our stay so, thanks Lluvia for helping us with this issue.
The Beach Club is just as amazing as ever. The food and drinks are all top shelf and thanks to Rangel our waiter, we never waited or wanted for anything! The tanning beds are so comfortable that this is a wonder spot for an afternoon siesta after a few delicious frozen drinks. During our stay they changed the menu so the tempura fish tacos that we love is no longer available but there were many other tasty dishes to choose from so you won't be disappointed. They are only serving dinner at the Beach Club 2-3 nights a week instead of 7 so make sure you find out what nights they are serving and make reservation to dine and enjoy the beautiful sunset. One night we were so tired that we just order room service and that was delicious too! Do take advantage of the 24 hour service for food and drinks to your room, it is very relaxing and enjoyable.
So, after this amazing week of being pampered and all the wonderful service, we are moved on to their sister resort Velas Vallarta for a second week in Mexico. On our "moving" day we packed up everything and left it in our room and went to the Beach Club for the day. After a beautiful sunset we walked down the beach to Velas Vallarta, checked in and found our bags already in our room - now how's that for service!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms with the larger slash pools are a lot of fun, especially with room service bri...
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I have traveled to Mexico a number of times yet this would be our first time to stay in a hotel/resort that would not be located oceanfront. Our experience could not have been more perfect for us! We were looking for 24/7 fine service, relaxation, beautiful rooms and grounds. Casa exceeded our expectations! We would definitly return. We found ourselves equally spending time at their lovely private oceanfront beach club and back at the hotel pool. We only saw one "child". Lounge chairs and the cabanas at the beach and pool were comfortable for hours of reading! This quiet vacation was exactly what the doctor ordered for us. If you are looking for the "party" atmosphere the marina is 2 minutes away with a lot of nice bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: I think they have a number of different types of rooms....2 level villas, open bedroom suite (which...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff and the food quality at the property.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Be assured that your comments have been shared with all the staff members and I am confident that each one of them is delighted in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment; Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas

ANGEL GARCIA V.
Chief Concierge
Casa Velas
T: +52 (322) 226 6686
E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!