My husband and I came to Casa Velas the first weekend in January and stayed for 5 days for our honeymoon. Our only regret is that our visit wasn't longer! From the time we arrived at Casa Velas, we were made to feel like royalty. It really seemed as though everyone at the resort was working with the sole purpose to make sure we had an outstanding experience.
When we first walked in, we were immediately swept off our feet. This is by far the finest luxury/boutique hotel I have ever visited. From the beautiful, calming design of the lobby to being greeted with a refreshing glass of sangria, to the private dipping pool on our balcony, we immediately knew we were in the right place!
This place met and exceeded our every expectation. Casa Velas is great if you want to just kick back, relax, and enjoy all the comforts of home amidst one of the most naturally beautiful locales in the world. You can easily lounge around Casa Velas resort all day in your bath robe enjoying room service from the comfort of your bed or occasionally getting out to take a walk around the resort or lounge in the cabanas near the pool. This in itself kept us newlyweds thoroughly occupied for at least the first 2 days. Not to mention the wonderful couples massage at the on-site spa! OMG! The resort itself is sooo peaceful and spectacular! (Not a child in sight!)
However, if you want to venture out for a little more stimulation, Casa Velas arranges tours of the city several days of the week, where you can learn more about Puerto Vallarta itself. The city tour takes you all around - from the market to the mountains to a local seafood eatery- and lets you get off to purchase souvenirs and take photos of the most scenic spots in Pto. Vallarta. I highly recommend the bacon-wrapped shrimp from the eatery - delicioso!
I would be remiss not to mention the Casa Velas beach club. My husband was initially really against going to any place that was not directly on the ocean, but the reviews for this place convinced us to go for it. The other reviews about the beach club are absolutely accurate. The club is only about a 2 minute ride from the resort - and when I said earlier that everyone makes an extra effort to make sure you enjoy the experience, I meant it! We never had to wait more than about a minute to get a ride to and from the club, not to mention the other "sister properties" where we regularly dined for lunch and dinner. The food at Casa Velas and its sister properties was all spectacular - and the beach club was not different! We did not miss a meal the entire trip and we are very picky eaters. Everything we had was delicious.
But back to the beach club. The icing on the cake - and our favorite meal of the entire trip - was our private dinner on the beach, arranged by the club. It was literally just the two of us eating on the beach club patio by candlelight. Again- the meal was superb - filet mingon, shrimp, veggies and a fruit filled crepe with ice cream for dessert. It felt like we had our own private beach..So romantic. It was definitely a one of a kind experience!
Overall this place gets an A++ for me. Both my husband and I have hectic jobs, and Casa Velas is quite a pleasant break from the real world. It is worth every penny for the all inclusive experience. We will definitely be back to relive our honeymoon years from now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique