“Honeymoon in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Honeymoon in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I came to Casa Velas the first weekend in January and stayed for 5 days for our honeymoon. Our only regret is that our visit wasn't longer! From the time we arrived at Casa Velas, we were made to feel like royalty. It really seemed as though everyone at the resort was working with the sole purpose to make sure we had an outstanding experience.

IMPRESSIONS
When we first walked in, we were immediately swept off our feet. This is by far the finest luxury/boutique hotel I have ever visited. From the beautiful, calming design of the lobby to being greeted with a refreshing glass of sangria, to the private dipping pool on our balcony, we immediately knew we were in the right place!

RELAXATION
This place met and exceeded our every expectation. Casa Velas is great if you want to just kick back, relax, and enjoy all the comforts of home amidst one of the most naturally beautiful locales in the world. You can easily lounge around Casa Velas resort all day in your bath robe enjoying room service from the comfort of your bed or occasionally getting out to take a walk around the resort or lounge in the cabanas near the pool. This in itself kept us newlyweds thoroughly occupied for at least the first 2 days. Not to mention the wonderful couples massage at the on-site spa! OMG! The resort itself is sooo peaceful and spectacular! (Not a child in sight!)

SIGHTSEEING
However, if you want to venture out for a little more stimulation, Casa Velas arranges tours of the city several days of the week, where you can learn more about Puerto Vallarta itself. The city tour takes you all around - from the market to the mountains to a local seafood eatery- and lets you get off to purchase souvenirs and take photos of the most scenic spots in Pto. Vallarta. I highly recommend the bacon-wrapped shrimp from the eatery - delicioso!

BEACH CLUB
I would be remiss not to mention the Casa Velas beach club. My husband was initially really against going to any place that was not directly on the ocean, but the reviews for this place convinced us to go for it. The other reviews about the beach club are absolutely accurate. The club is only about a 2 minute ride from the resort - and when I said earlier that everyone makes an extra effort to make sure you enjoy the experience, I meant it! We never had to wait more than about a minute to get a ride to and from the club, not to mention the other "sister properties" where we regularly dined for lunch and dinner. The food at Casa Velas and its sister properties was all spectacular - and the beach club was not different! We did not miss a meal the entire trip and we are very picky eaters. Everything we had was delicious.

But back to the beach club. The icing on the cake - and our favorite meal of the entire trip - was our private dinner on the beach, arranged by the club. It was literally just the two of us eating on the beach club patio by candlelight. Again- the meal was superb - filet mingon, shrimp, veggies and a fruit filled crepe with ice cream for dessert. It felt like we had our own private beach..So romantic. It was definitely a one of a kind experience!

Overall this place gets an A++ for me. Both my husband and I have hectic jobs, and Casa Velas is quite a pleasant break from the real world. It is worth every penny for the all inclusive experience. We will definitely be back to relive our honeymoon years from now!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

From our first steps into the lobby we were greeted by Carolina the Front Office Manager who was gracious & most welcoming. We were offered great options on type of suites and were able to check in early. Loved our room, #304, absolutely nothing blocking our view of the golf course and got a super helping of sun throughout the day.

Service in all areas and times in the resort and beach club was outstanding! The conceirge staff, Angel and Olivia were super in providing info as to local attractions, and reserving spa and dinner times to suit our schedule perfectly. Excellent options for food, drink, and dining 24hrs a day.

We particularly enjoyed hanging down at beach club, where Regal and Carlos pampered us
immensely. The entire grounds were impecable and clean. Highly recommended for quiet, solitude and relaxation.

Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We returned to Casa Velas for the third time in 4 years and I must say our experience this year was much better than last year. I know that they are allowing kids to now stay at this adults only hotel and many people are very upset about it but I really don't think it's going to be an issue. There were no kids staying during our week vacation and kids will not be allowed at the Beach Club, so it should be fine.
I had requested a specific room when I booked last Oct. and was told it was not available when we arrived. Lluvia at the front desk went out of her way to show us other rooms that were available and let us pick which ever one we wanted. We found a room we really liked so we were fine with the change. Lluvia also checked in with us every day to make sure all was going well with our stay. We also were having problems getting our e-mail and she was kind enough to let us use the hotel computer to check our e-mail when ever we wanted. I know we were on vacation and shouldn't even check e-mail but there were special circumstances this trip and once we found out every thing was ok, we were really able to relax and enjoy our stay so, thanks Lluvia for helping us with this issue.
The Beach Club is just as amazing as ever. The food and drinks are all top shelf and thanks to Rangel our waiter, we never waited or wanted for anything! The tanning beds are so comfortable that this is a wonder spot for an afternoon siesta after a few delicious frozen drinks. During our stay they changed the menu so the tempura fish tacos that we love is no longer available but there were many other tasty dishes to choose from so you won't be disappointed. They are only serving dinner at the Beach Club 2-3 nights a week instead of 7 so make sure you find out what nights they are serving and make reservation to dine and enjoy the beautiful sunset. One night we were so tired that we just order room service and that was delicious too! Do take advantage of the 24 hour service for food and drinks to your room, it is very relaxing and enjoyable.
So, after this amazing week of being pampered and all the wonderful service, we are moved on to their sister resort Velas Vallarta for a second week in Mexico. On our "moving" day we packed up everything and left it in our room and went to the Beach Club for the day. After a beautiful sunset we walked down the beach to Velas Vallarta, checked in and found our bags already in our room - now how's that for service!

Room Tip: The first floor rooms with the larger slash pools are a lot of fun, especially with room service bri...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I have traveled to Mexico a number of times yet this would be our first time to stay in a hotel/resort that would not be located oceanfront. Our experience could not have been more perfect for us! We were looking for 24/7 fine service, relaxation, beautiful rooms and grounds. Casa exceeded our expectations! We would definitly return. We found ourselves equally spending time at their lovely private oceanfront beach club and back at the hotel pool. We only saw one "child". Lounge chairs and the cabanas at the beach and pool were comfortable for hours of reading! This quiet vacation was exactly what the doctor ordered for us. If you are looking for the "party" atmosphere the marina is 2 minutes away with a lot of nice bars and restaurants.

Room Tip: I think they have a number of different types of rooms....2 level villas, open bedroom suite (which...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff and the food quality at the property.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Be assured that your comments have been shared with all the staff members and I am confident that each one of them is delighted in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment; Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas

Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Our Casa Velas experience was magnificent from the beginning! We were greeted by lovely Carolina, who was a true gem to us during all of our stay. Our room was fabulous, the food there is fabulous. Impressive wine list, as well as cocktail list. Our stay there was one of the most relaxing holidays we have had for a long time. You really felt being taken care of there. Their SPA services were also great. I usually allow myself one body care when staying in a place with SPA, but there I decided to have two, because the first one was so good. Even managed to convince my husband to have a massage and he also agreed it was good. I had two massages with the masseuse Virginia (highly recommended!). During the stay my husband caught a bad cold (it probably followed us already from home, where he felt sick few days before our holiday) and so I went to reception and asked about possible doctor services. Again it was Carolina to the rescue, who called a doctor for us and the staff later helped us with the pharmacy as well. Staff overall is very good there and remembers people well, for example when leaving Carolina remembered and asked my husband whether he feels better now etc. She also helped us with booking bus tickets etc. These kind of small things matter a lot when travelling far away from home. If there is something to complain about, then it is maybe lack of Free Wifi, but maybe it is better not to have constant access to emails during your holiday :) Our overall experience at Casa Velas Boutique Hotel was magnificent and we could not have asked for a better place to have a holiday! Very highly recommended!!!

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for expressing your opinion about your stay with us at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique and thank you for that gorgeous 5 star review. We truly appreciate your high remarks. It is wonderful to know that we continue to meet our goal in exceeding your expectations.

We are so grateful for considering Casa Velas as your favorite destination. Thanks for your positive comments on our service and colorful grounds.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our third year and probably our last. My previous reviews have been outstanding. This is a gem of a place although management is attempting to destroy it! The decision to change this from adult's only to families and the cost-cutting measures we experienced changes everything.
CHILDREN:
This hotel is too small and has too many danger areas for children. I do not want to be here when a child is found face down in one of the many koi ponds or plunge pools on the property. The noise of even one child in this intimate atmosphere and beach club cannot work. There is nothing here for families. The Velas company has inflicted upon itself a public relations nightmare. All the guests I spoke with were livid. Those who had been sold an adult's only timeshare only to have it changed to include children feel they are the recipients of the classic bait and switch. Why would anyone want to buy a timeshare from this company now knowing their business practices. Even if this decision is rescinded in the future the damage is done. This decision was myopic and destroyed your loyal customer base.
COST-CUTTING
There is a new manager, new chef and key staff have left. The previous manager was always visible and discretely ensuring your needs were met. I never did see the new manager although I asked to speak with him. Cuisine is gone, replaced with good well prepared food. The beach club is not open for breakfast and dinner is served only on two nights. The same menu for breakfast lunch and dinner at Emiliano's becomes boring for a one week stay. Afternoon tea is gone and the separate spa menu has gone as have speciality nights at Emiliano 's. The all inclusive wine list is limited and and not interesting(not even a malbec).
ROOMS:
The hotel rooms have been renovated the timeshare rooms have not, therefore, reviews will differ.
The bathrooms in the timeshares are long overdue for a renovation. This hotel is old and rooms are quirky this is the charm,however,maintenance and room appointments are sadly lacking. I experienced the following: entire bathroom floor flooded after taking a bath, leaking toilet, clothes hook on back of bathroom door fell off. Only two small drawers for clothes storage, no bedside storage. Room safe placed so high it was difficult to use. The dirty irrigation water from the flower beds in the unit above drained into my plunge pool. This is not an expensive fix. It requires some flexible pipe draining onto the grass.
PRICE POINT
As an RCI exchange guest the price point (all inclusive fee plus exchange fee plus maintenance fee) can no longer be justified. I do hope this review helps management to reevaluate and please don't spend the energy trying to hide this review with blasts of positive reviews. This place needs professional marketing to the right demographic and ethical business practices. I hope you succeed as you have wonderful hard working staff. I wish you success.

Dear Guest

We thank you for staying with us recently for a third time and for sharing your review. I deeply regret the inconveniences found during your stay; please accept our sincere apology that we were unable to satisfy all your needs, as mentioned our beach club its open twice a week for dinner and from 10:00 to 6:00 pm every other day, offering Asian cuisine with sushi as a specialty. All our Casa Velas Guests have access to Velas Vallarta our sister property where you will find two more restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner with menus that changes every night (Italian, Mexican, French, Oriental, Spanish and steak house night) this in compliment to Emiliano restaurant with an international cuisine and suite service 24 hrs. We’ll keep striving to offer a concept of gourmet luxury hospitality by excellence and distinguished location where human warmth and our passion for service to ensure total satisfaction of our guests

Once again thank you for your observations and feedback, We’ll always be willing to welcome you, and hopefully you give us the opportunity again to have you in a near future at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique or at anyone of our different Velas Resorts properties and treat you with the excellence that you deserve.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas!

Barrie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our 3rd -2 week stay and no we are not owners. The last stay was Jan. 2009 and I wrote a review then as well. We normally do not repeat a resort as there are so many out there- but this resort? Simply heaven.
I wonder how many people stop to smell the waterlilies first thing in the morning? If you pause by one of the ponds you will breath in the wonderful scent and you will hear the soothing sounds of the small waterfalls.I think we all tend to hurry and bustle, but this hotel encourages you to be more laid back with their choice of music and the quiet unassuming service. If you want to ramp it up a bit you can always go over to Velas Vallarta or hear the wonderful roar as the waves pound on the shore at the Beach Club.
To get the elephant out of the room yes there were children there each week (around 7/8 in age), one each week. Quiet well behaved children and yes they were at the Beach Club. Did they disturb anyone...absolutely not. There was nothing for them to do and to be honest I cannot see it being an issue. I felt a little sorry for them to be honest. Sounds of stringed instruments gently playing is kind of boring to children-plus lots of "older folks" lying around and no "action". End of story- no problem.
We quite enjoy having the option of using 4 restaurants.When you are getting closer to arrival make sure to find out what day the Beach Club will be open for dinner.(e mail the concierge). One week it was only open one night then the next week 3 nights.I guess it depends on the number of people at the resort. Make your reservation for 6:30 but go around 6:15 to have a drink and watch as the sun sets. It was once again very magical. The food was delicious.
During the day at the Beach Club the service was excellent. Replacement of warm water, and meals served in your "bed at the pool" if you so desired. Many many thanks to a great server Rengal- who made our vacation extra special.His English skills are excellent and I can see this young man moving up the chain of command.
The grounds continue to be outstanding. Staff are constantly cutting, trimming, painting, repairing to keep this resort in top notch condition. It is a pleasure to see that so many of the staff who clean windows and do the grounds work stay with the job year after year.
We were quickly aware of the beauty of the girls that work at the hotel. Starting with the young lady at the gate -that bows to you with her hand over her heart- to the incredible beauty of Claudia and Karolina at the front desk.Their warmth, their sincerity won our hearts. Casa Velas should be very proud to have such staff on their "front lines".
We arrived to huge hugs from Jorge and Alejandro. These are the staff that will "ferry" you to the Beach Club or Velas Vallarta and also show you to your room. Jorge in particular made us feel so welcome due to our returning. He provided excellent knowledge and tips as to what to do and what to see.
The linens on the bed were of high quality and felt excellent as usual. The turn down service is another plus.The bed and pillows were so comfortable. There is also a pillow menu for you. Another plus is that I didn't need to bring my salon shampoo (and next time I won't). They provide L'Occitane products from France which were of high quality and well appreciated.
So we will return again, flying over other resorts in the Caribbean to get to this wonderful resort. If I was asked why we return again and again, I would have to say in huge part to the staff and also the high standards expected in food and service. Well done Casa Velas, my home away from home....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!