I am disturbed by the news that Casa Velas is planning to allow children, starting in January.
We spent a glorious, quiet, relaxing week there in May 2011. We met a couple from England at the resort and have become good friends. So good, that the four of us have made reservations to return to Casa Velas in May 2013. Our friends were so impressed in 2011 that they bought into the resort. I'm waiting to hear from them whether they're ok with the adult-only status about to change to families (absolutely classic case of bait-and-switch...but I doubt that legal concept has any footing in Mexico).
We have our air fare and our hotel reservations and probably will still go in 2013. But if the ambiance and the serenity are compromised by this change in resort policy, it will be the last time we stay at this resort.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Velas Boutique Resort
- Hotel Casa Velas Boutique
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the perfect resort retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Resembling a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta. This boutique hotel enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course. A beachside experience waits just three minutes away at your private Ocean Club, with stunning sunsets and memorable dining. Unlimited transport is available day and night to whisk you to the golden shores of the Mexican Pacific. The Ocean Club is a place of supreme peace and tranquility for enjoying an infinity pool, jacuzzi and terrace with impressive ocean views. Our luxurious getaway invites you to enjoy the comforting sounds and vibrant colors of the tropics as you discover the true meaning of relaxation and luxury at an all-inclusive Puerto Vallarta resort paradise. Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor®, Casa Velas is an enchanting destination where simple pleasures rejuvenate your mind, body and soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, MexVax, Otel, Tingo and Fareportal so you can book your Casa Velas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.