“A Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #4 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New York City, New York
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have traveled throughout Mexico for the past 25+ years, and hands down...
Casa Velas surpassed our expectations
Wonderful service
Wonderful staff
Wonderful beach club
Wonderful ambience
Wonderful food

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a "clothes closet" Room 308 was simply lovely
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Guest.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.
Casa Velas, a boutique luxury hotel and ocean club located on the Marina Vallarta Golf Course has earned in overall with Velas Resorts, 26 AAA Diamonds, including the prestigious Five Diamond Award.
Thank you again for expressing your opinion and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

All Casa Velas staff wishes you a merry Christmas and happy new year!!

ANGEL GARCIA V.
Chief Concierge
Casa Velas
T: +52 (322) 226 6686
E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We loved every single detail, every single moment of our 6 days at Casa Velas. The staff was impeccably professional, courteous, personable and helpful. They knew us by name, and quickly mastered our food and drink preferences. We ordered suite service in the wee hours of the morning nearly every night. On our last night, I wasn't feeling hungry and the person who took the order from my husband was very concerned that I wasn't ordering anything and wanted to make sure I wasn't sick. Everyone seemed so genuinely invested in our comfort and enjoyment. Clearly they take great pride in their work.

The grounds were so lush and beautiful and well-kept. Our suite was immaculate and so comfortable. We are very picky about our bed and this one was wonderful. We were looking for a quiet, peaceful, beautiful place and we found it. And we still had access to the sister resorts if we wanted a little more "life" as Christian explained. I was so sad when it came time to leave and we are already planning on returning next year. This was our first trip to Mexico, our first luxury vacation, and we felt like we simply could not have asked for anything better. We spent our days lounging at the beach club with attentive service that never left us wanting for anything. We spent our evenings trying each of the restaurants - at Casa Velas, the Beach Club, Velas Vallarta, and Grand Velas. The food is simply amazing - the quality, the flavor, the variety... Fantastic. We spent our nights down at the Malecon walking around, seeing the sights and shops and clubs.

Angel, Lluvia, Christian, Rangel, and every other staff member we encountered made our visit perfect. They indulged my rusty Spanish and made us feel very welcome. We were disappointed to hear of the decision to open Casa Velas to families with children. We have 4 kids of our own and love them but there are endless options of hotels for families with children, and this place is such a serene escape. We are hoping Casa Velas is able to maintain its same ambiance after the change.

I literally cannot say enough good things about our stay. Perfection.

Chapala, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Oct 23-27, 2012 Casa Velas PV
Much needed Pampering Retreat!
We arrived at our home away from home Casa Velas about 2pm after an uneventful ride from Guadalajara. Lluvia and Carolina checked us in while we sat on the lobby couches with a drink of our choice, cerveza for hubby and Jamaica for me. Jorge and Christian the bell boys put our luggage into our Suite # 519. Two levels, downstairs a bathoroom with shower, living room, dining room, 2 sliding doors one leading to a patio with table and chairs and the other to our own private plunge pool. Lots of storage space, and lots of just space. Wine, candies, fruit and a welcoming plate awaiting us on our dining room table all personalized. Upstairs is a large master bedroom with a desk, armoirs with flat screen TV, safe large enough to accomodate laptop, mini frig. stocked daily with beer, soda, juice, water. A snack basket with chips, nuts and granola bars, drink glasses and an ice bucket. Off the master bedroom is a huge bathroom with jacuzzi, shower, closet space, iron, ironing board, infamous weight scale, sink and many amentieis like facecloths, soap, shmapoo, hair conditioner, shower gel. body lotion, cotton balls, tissues, hair dryer, etc. Off the jucuzzi is a slider which leads to another balcony with a cushined seat, great for lounging with a drink. They even brought in a second flat screen TV on the first floor for us as hubby and I have different sleeping patterns, perfect accomodations with our car parked just outside in private lot.
The weather was just great our whole stay and we started our time off with lunch at Emiliano's Restaurant for lunch, a shrimp burrito sandwich for hubby and a Spa veggie Grilled Sandwich for me. Both included fries. Fresh Guacamole made tableside, a very nice touch amd made to order, spicy or not etc..
Everything looked pretty much the same, in good condition and maintained. The bathroom by the swim up bar near pool now has paper towel dispenser not hand towels. Changed from Pepsi to Coke. Otherwise food and drink quality the same, excellent. Much of staff remains the same. Emiliano's dining at night mostly inside due to end of rainy seasona and humidity I assume. The A/C was nice but at times a tad too cold for me. Such a complaint huh?
We settled in after lunch enjoying our suite and plunge pool and letting the stress slip away..and it did as did all our worries. We had dinner every night of our short stay at Emiliano's. The Artichoke soup is a killer treat and coming from a non-soup lover that says a lot. Filet and Duck both cooked to perfection. Appetizer Duck crepes very good. Ossobuco Smoked Chicken excellente. Rack of Veal very tasty. Service just above and beyond excellent. My new favorite dessert is Three Cheese Ice Cream, incredible. Our staff in Emiliano's Bernadino, Edgar, Rene, Daniel, Miguel,Leonel, and any I forgot all deserve our accolades for wonderful attentive but not overbearing service. Once again I will state without exception the best restaurant I have dined at for whole package in PV Emiliano's. Ambiance, value, service, quality, etc.
We had our breakfast in our room either at dining room table or outside on patio, delivered quickly, in order and set up as though we were dining in restaurant. We spent our afternoons, by pool sunning, lounging in a cabana or in pool and had lunch from Aqua Bar or at Ocean Club, this was a short stay or so it seemed, so less time at Ocean Club. Hector & Freddy along with Juan Carlos were great for service calling us by name, knowing what we wanted for drinks before asking etc...
We spent our evenings at the lobby Bar lounge under the stars served by the infamous Benny. Talented as usual he made us a 3 tiered dolphin statue from drink stirrers, such talent. His personality is just so fun. Again prompt, courteous service.
One night we dined with a newlywed couple who were experiencing Casa Velas and Puerto Vallarta for the first time, we had such fun, giving them ideas and thoughts for entertainment. They were so thrilled to be at Casa Velas, saying it was the best decision they had made, everything was just so much more than they expected. We shared with them that we try to spend every anniversary at Casa Velas and they thought that was a great idea.
For exercise we roamed about the marina, and went over many times to visit sister resort Velas Vallarta. Everything over there was as good as ever also. They did remove the center cement and water areas so now it is a huge flat spacious area. Looks quite nice. There was talk of there going to be a center bar area there but due to rights of full time owners or such this is not to occur. They were undergoing some necessary construction before high season but all customers were told ahead and no one seemed bothered. While there I made my reservations for Velas for hubby & I, and son and family for Feb. 2013. Should be very exciting. I did get a massage while there by Orif and it was excellent, hubby roamed around property, planning for our first time there with grandson in Feb. and our son's return in oh so many years.
Back at Casa Velas, we relaxed, enjoyed our suite and service, spoke with Angel the concierge and Carolina in charge of reservations and front desk, for some time , made our reservations for return trip in Jan. 2013. Also spoke with manager regarding a heard rumor about becoming a family oriented resort. I was told that as of Jan 2013 children would be allowed at Cas Velas but there would be no activities there for them thus they would have to bring children over to Velas Vallarta. The hotel would try to keep families on one side of village ( as they call the two side of villa areas), and couples or adults other side. There would be only slight menu changes to reflect what is and is not working or liked along with an additional kids menu. No reduction in prices, thus unlikely to be overloaded with children. They expected the most children to be at Easter, X-Mas and of course in July and August. Though I was not at first enthused over this change I am open minded enough to give it a try and the management seems open to suggestions and comments. It, of course will be one place in Feb. I will go over at least once, to show my son and his family around, but not where I would want to stay with them, this is our hideaway.LOL. So I have already booked myself into Casa Velas for Jan 2013 and July 2013, prime vacation time so I will get a true feeling of this change and share my comments with management. Nothing is carved in granite as they say and if it works out great if not, things can easily change back.
Well this pampering trip sure flew by, barely having time to destress, but we did and we essentially did nothing but enjoy our accomodations, food and drinks and other folks and staff at hotel. Sun, relaxing and lazy times...just what we needed. Always the best, Casa Velas is an oasis in Paradise for us whetehr we wish to be active and out and about or just laze at the resort. We departed sadly on Oct 27 to head to another week in Vallarta area but in Nuevo, time for more adventure and less pampering, might I add we spent the whole next week wishing we were at Casa Velas. As usual Casa Velas fulfilled all our wants and desires...now if I can just hang on till Jan for my next trip there....if you have not tried this resort , you really must. Small, boutique, pampering, spa, golf, pool, beach, food , drinks, All inclusive or European...book a vacation here and you will return, I am sure. I have yet to find anywhere that can replace it. My home away from home Casa Velas see you in Jan.

Room Tip: Upgrade to best you can afford, plunge pools are awesome as are jacuzzis.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I thought I died and went to heaven at Casa Velas. I am so glad we chose to come here for our honeymoon. The immaculate grounds, the best service I've ever experienced in my life, the serene atmosphere, the five star food... every single thing about the place not only exceeded my expectations, but totally blew me away.
Every single member of the staff literally bent over backwards to be as helpful and cheerful as possible in every single interaction we had during our stay. They were so genuinely kind, and they all had such a great sense of humor, that I will truly miss not seeing them every day. Just to illustrate how caring and helpful they were... I had a medical issue during my stay, and the ladies at the front desk were so helpful with calling a doctor for me, calling in my perscriptions to a local pharmacy, and arranging to have the perscriptions delivered. I was so amazed by the quality and speed of the medical care - a doctor arrived at my hotel room within 20 minutes (a gastrointestinal specialist, nonetheless), they delivered the perscriptions to my door within another 30 minutes, and the whole thing (including the medicine) cost less than $100 without any insurance. It was truly amazing... I had expected to be out of commission for at least a day, but I was back at the pool sipping pina coladas in under 90 minutes.
Also, I can't say enough about the quality of the food and service at Emiliano's. I've been to plenty of nice restaurants so I didn't expect to be blown away, but this was literally the best food I've ever had. There was so much variety on the menu that having only one restaurant at the hotel was a non-issue. Even one night when there was a huge wedding, our service was so good that it still felt like we were the only people they were serving.
The beach club is absolutely amazing. I think having the beach club separate from the hotel actually makes it feel more exclusive and serene. It looks like a picture straight from a postcard or a magazine with the infinity pool, the view of the ocean, the sound of the waves crashing, and the mountains in the distance. The staff was so willing to shuttle us back and forth between the hotel and beach club at a moment's notice that it was really more like having a private chauffeur. Plus, the grounds at the hotel itself were just as beautiful - with peacocks roaming around, gorgeous views of the golf course past the palm trees, flower petals raining down onto the terrace from the balconies above... I couldn't believe it was real.
I can't recommend Casa Velas highly enough to anyone. The entire time I was there I couldn't stop saying to myself, "this is the best place on earth." The atmosphere is just so relaxing and beautiful, there are robes and slippers provided in the rooms, a beach bag provided for the pool and beach club... just so much attention to detail in fulfilling any and every need. I would give it a hundred stars if I could... you will not regret coming here!!!

Room Tip: The rooms look exactly like the pictures... you can't go wrong with anyone you choose.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

5star service, grounds, staff. Most wonderful place weve ever stayed! We hope to return ther soon. It is HIGHLY recommended. Every review is correct &true...you will not be disapointed! Peacocks....goldfish...turtles... (all descreet-in ponds& serenly placed) fantastic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Thornton, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This place was amazing. The service is first class, and we felt like the staff were truly our friends. We had some hangups due to poor travel planning and the Hotel was super accommodating. I left my wallet in a taxi cab and the front desk spent all night tracking it down. The hotel was not crowded at all and it would be very pleasurable to spend the whole week at the hotel. The concierge, Stefano, got us a great deal on activities and told us the best things to do in town. Hector, Beny, Edgar, and Cruz will make your stay amazing and memorable.

Europe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I will start by saying this is the first time that I have ever left a hotel and bawled in the bathroom because I was sad to be leaving the actual hotel and the employees. Casa Velas is truly a second home for me, and will always hold a special place in my heart for hosting the most fabulous day in my life, my wedding. Casa Velas is one of, if not, the very best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life and I grew up staying at some of the best hotels in the world. The pictures on the site, do not do it justice! It is an oasis for peace, relaxation and true luxury. The rooms are gorgeous, the drinks delicious and the food is indescribable. Beyond the material things, what really makes this property special are the employees. Gabriela in group sales has become a real friend and is a true professional in both planning and coordination. Also, she truly cares about her clients. Angel in the Concierge is a true professional, always responsive and happy to service any need or want. The girls at the reception are absolutely wonderful, and my girls in the spa are the epitome of professionalism and service. The staff at the Beach Club are so kind and accommodating, and really make you feel like you are on a private beach. I could write for days, but all I have to say is there is absolutely NO contest do yourself the biggest favor and enter the fabulous world that is Casa Velas. You will never regret it, but only leave planning your trip back like we are currently doing now. Oh and regarding the wedding, all my guests said hands down it was the most beautiful and best wedding they have ever been to and we are tough people to please.

Room Tip: Get a grand class room with the plunge pool if you can!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!