“Fantastic hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Francisco, California
“Fantastic hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Just had one of my most memorable vacations ever at Casa Velas in Puerto Vallarta. The staff is attentive and warm, the grounds are stunning and serene and the food is wonderful (both a la carte and buffets). The all inclusive package is such a great deal - every aspect of the hotel is 5 stars!! My husband's favorite parts were how strong the AC was in the room (of course it was adjustable) and the pillow menu! Can't wait to return!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very roomy!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest.

We are so grateful for considering Casa Velas as your favorite destination. Thank you so much for your positive comments on our service and our restaurants.

Our commitment is to meet and exceed your expectations and special requirements to make of your stay your best “VACATION” ever.

ANGEL GARCIA V
E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Brighton, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Like many others I spent countless hours researching this resort prior to booking. This was a surprise birthday present for my boyfriend. I had made certain room requests at the time of booking and was happy to see that the room was to my specifications. They have 80 rooms; there were maybe 6 other couples that we observed during our week there. I will not make this a long winded review and simply cover my personal pros and cons.

Pros: The grounds and resort are perfectly kept and extremely clean. The staff is exceptionally hard working and eager to please. The surrounding area is upscale and safe for foot travel. The pool at the main resort is amazing, and the bartender Fredy rocks. Beach club views are great and the food is wonderful. Diner at Grand Velas, Piaf; for approx 30USD-well worth it. The bed was perfect as were the pillows. Weather- hot muggy sunny, just how we like it.

Cons: The music played in Emilianos is bad and very repetitive. We heard the same Guns and Roses remake CD playing almost everyday that we were there. At times it prevented us from dining there, finally we requested to either turn it down of change the music. When I travel I want to hear music that is local to the area. Room service food was cold a few times. No entertainment to speak of, after 6 PM the pool and beach club are closed, they have a small bar open until 12 or 12:30, or you could have a late diner at Emilianos... I did not like signing the bill after each food/beverage service, I feel it should be removed.

Overall I would recommend this resort to couples seeking absolute relaxation; peace and quiet, alone time and great service. We learned that we enjoy more activities and entertainment while on vacation, not to take away from what Casa Velas has to offer- just not a great match for us. We still enjoyed our time there and walked over to the marina and Velas resort, whick was ok- the food not as good there. Our last night was diner at Grand Velas, superb in every way. We were uncertain on tipping and asked another couple that has stayed many times what they do. Their rule of thumb is 3USD for breakfast, 5USD lunch, and 10USD diner and extra at the end for their favorites. So that is what we adopted for tipping and made it easy.

Room Tip: We stayed in 503A, grand class plus suite with a plunge pool on the ground floor and liked it. We we...
Setauket, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I almost didn't write this review because I don't want too many travelers finding this gem of a resort!

The wife and I decided to celebrate both our 25th anniversary, and, my 55th birthday at this romantic, intimate boutique resort. From the moment the gates swung open at the entrance to the resort to the moment we departed - we were treated to superlative service and graciousness by everyone on staff. As we entered the reception area we were greeted, seated and welcomed with a refreshing drink. Only then were we checked in while sitting on the couch with the candle tower pool beside us gurgling away. They explained all the amenities and made reservations for us at Emiliano's - their highly rated restaurant on premises - which, by the way, is pretty spectacular (while some reviews found menu too limited - we spent the whole week there and never had to repeat a meal). We entered our room to find chocolate covered strawberries and a note congratulating us on our anniversary. Casa Velas continued to celebrate both days throughout the week - including special drinks by Fredy at the Aqua Bar, and celebratory plates and cakes at Emiliano's, as wella as chocolate cake in our room on my bday ... classyl...very classy. And that was the tone for our whole time there - very classy. Casa Velas could have been called Casa Alan & Joan for we felt like we were treated as family owners.

And, just so no one thinks this review is too good to be true - I will say the only small, small, tiny disappointment I had was that we didn't upgrade our RCI member room reservation to one of the one bedroom suites. There wasn't any seating or dining table in our suite... so we didn't take advantage of their room service...except while we were lounging in our private immersion pool - sipping margheritas and snacking on guacamole and salsa!!!

Finally, a few special shout-outs to Jorge, Bernardino, Cruz, Edgar, Beny, Fredy Daniel, and,... truly... everybody! (please don't take offense if we forgot anybody!!!)

We loved being there and we hope to return to Casa Velas in the near future...

mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We have just returned from Casa Velas (Aug. 31-Sept 4) and it was one of the most if not the most relaxing vacations ever. This place is absolutely gorgeous! The service was over the top. From the minute we stepped out of the cab we were greeted by Jorge and he was there for us anytime we needed anything. The food at Emiliano's and Ocean Club was 5 star in my opinion as well as outstanding service. The grounds are immaculate and so beautiful. I did not mind at all that it was not on the beach because they have a fabulous beach club 3 minutes away and they shuttle you there any time you want to go. I am a stickler for detail and I was really impressed. No arm bands, instead a braided braclet with a silver medallion. The spa was to die for and once again, the detail was unbelievable. As many others have said, a classy, classy place. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had a grand class suite with a plunge pool. We didn't use the pool but loved the terrace and...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest

I am so glad to hear from you and I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us at Casa Velas, I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host. I will happily share your comments with all our family members.

Recently chosen as one of the Top 10 hotels in Mexico and the Caribbean in three categories - Luxury, Relaxation/Spa and Hotel for Romance - by TripAdvisor, Casa Velas enjoys a garden setting surrounded by the Marina Vallarta Golf Course.

We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment, thank you again for being chosen as your home away home, hopefully we will have the opportunity again to have you and exceed your expectations one more time in a near future at Casa Velas Hotel Boutique or at anyone of our different Velas Resorts properties.

All the best!!

Camillus, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Casa Velas from August 6 - 13 and had the time of our lives! It was low season and we were shocked and pleasantly surprised that the hotel was barely filled at all. There were only a few other couples there which made our stay super relaxing and intimate.

The service was over the top and wonderful. Edgar (waiter at Emiliano), Jose (shuttle bus driver), Rangel (waiter at the beach club), Angel (the concierge) and Estefano (events coordinator) made our vacation very memorable. The staff at Casa Velas has a wonderful sense of humor and the service is unmatched. We were delighted that several members of the staff even helped us improve our Spanish!

We took the bus tour of the city on Tuesday, did zip lining at Canopy River on Thursday and went to Rhythms of the Nights on Friday. We went to the town on our own to shop at the flea markets and the hotel arranged for us to dine at Frida, a Mexican restaurant at the upscale Grand Velas as part of our all-inclusive package. We loved our time at the private beach club, too! An infinity pool and great food (especially the sushi)! Emiliano's food was very excellent, too. We especially loved the breakfasts!

We will miss Pancho and his novias, the three resident peacocks. We would love to come back for an anniversary someday. Bien trabajo, Casa Velas!

Room Tip: Make sure your room has a plunge pool!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff.

Your live experience with us, is the greatest motivation to all of our staff and all of them always are inspiring us to continuing with our mission… always exceed your expectations and put special attention in all the details for your total comfort.

Thank you so much for your comments on our restaurants, they are known for their quality and by its delicious blend of aroma and flavors that create succulent gourmet dishes that will delight your palate with fresh admixtures uprooted from the gorgeous botanic garden, and all of this girded by the beauteous sunset of Banderas Bay with big and filled of tropical foliage mountains and an indefinable hospitality experience.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion and for giving us the opportunity of being your host to celebrate your honeymoon, it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit here at your home away from home.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

See you on your anniversary!!

illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Everyone talks about how amazing this place is so I won't reiterate the same thing. It was beautiful. Some things we didn't realize before going:

Airport: Right after customs, you will be going out looking for your scheduled shuttled service people. You will go through a room lined with desks and official people in uniform. They will try to convince you that you need to go through them to get to your shuttle service, that they are from your resort. They are the time share ppl. Just keep moving and don't even make eye contact with them. When you pass through 2 sets of doors, you will then see ppl outside holding the shuttle service company signs, such as expedia. They will have your name on a list and get you on your ride. This was honestly really confusing, even though we knew that timeshare ppl were out of control here.

Restaurant:
There is only 1 restaurant at the main resort grounds, Emilianos. They serve all 3 meals and it is a beautiful 5 start type restaurant. Their menu doesn't change so if you eat all your meals there, you could get tired of the food, but most of their menu items were really delicious, not your typical all-inclusive buffet style food. The beach club also serves delicious asian-flavors for some variety. We generally ate there for lunches and afternoon snacks as we spent most of our days there in front of the beach. You can also eat at the sister resorts: Velas Vallarta and Grand something. We went to Velas and was very disappointed by the food and the chaos but i heard their italian nights are better than asian nights. We happened to go at the asian night so maybe worth a shot if they are serving italian. Grand Velas (?) is another place, supposedly good food, but it's an expensive cab ride away. I think about $40 each way. We didn't venture out there. Also keep in mind that Emilianos asks for pants and shirt for the men for dinners. My hubs didn't have anything remotely dressy so they said it was not a problem. We saw a few couples who were the same way. If you have room to pack some extra clothes, they would prefer it, but no big deal if you forget.

Beach Club
Casa Velas doesn't sit in front of the beach but they provide private rides whenever you want to their "beach club" which is a beach front area with an infinity pool and a small restaurant/bar. This was really the best part of our time there. It was quiet and serene. The food was really great. (Shrimp tacos!) They make you custom drinks to cater to whatever you want. I am prego so they made me virgin mojitos and other fun drinks. Rengal was our fav server there and i would tell him that i wanted something refreshing with lime and he would come up with different ideas for me to try. I loved that! The beaches in PV are not the best, not like hawaii or aruba. the sands look dark and sorta dirty and so does the water. So we didn't go out to the beach but the pool is so close to the beach that we were still able to listen to the waves crashing and even get a massage right there on the beach.

Wifi
There is no free wifi in the bedrooms but they have free wifi at the lobby and at the beach club. For some reason, the wifi password didnt work for us at the lobby so we just jumped on the computer at the business center for free internet whenever we needed to. There is 1 comp with free internet and another right next to it that you have to pay with a credit card. Whenever we went, nobody was occupying the free one so we never had problems.

Spa
The spa at the main grounds of the resort is pretty pricey. However, at the beach club, they come by and offer promotional massage services for half the price. We def took advantage of this. It was great right by the ocean. My prenatal massage of 50 min was about $65.

Weather
In august, it was hot, not gonna lie. but we just went in the pool when we got too hot so it was not a problem. Remember to keep reapplying sun block tho cuz their sun is really strong. We got burned even tho it was cloudy for 2 days. Also, the canopy fabric doesn't block the uv rays so even under there, you wanna make sure you have your sun block on. Almost every day around 4-5pm, it rains. So get your pool/beach time in earlier. That's usually when we went in for a shower and a quick rest before going to dinner. By dinner, no more rain. It really wasn't a problem at all.

Tip
We tried to be good about tips. We read that even tho the all-inclusive includes a service charge of 15%, it doesn't actually go directly to the staff and their salary is about $5/day. I don't know if this is true or not, but that's what google says. So we left tips for most of the services we got, altho we forgot to do that with house keeping and i regret it. Please try to leave at least a dollar tip every day for room services, and more for meals.

Misc
Don't need to bring a beach bag. they supply a really nice one for use during your stay. No need to bring your own beach towels. The beds/pillows here are amazingly comfortable. In case you don't like their pillow, they offer 8 different levels of softness. haha...

This resort really treats all of their guests with a lot of care. Esp when you visit the other resorts, you will notice a stark difference. This is def the place to go if you're looking for a calm, peaceful, restful vacation. My husband and I just went to the pool every day, ate a lot of good food, got massages by the beach and got to sleep in. We met some honeymooners who took a few days for zip lining and water activities but i think each activity can take up almost a whole day because most of them are a couple of hours of drive away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host, want to thank you greatly for taking the time to share your great experience with us at Casa Velas, thank you very much for your high comments on our services and our restaurants, has always been our main purpose to provide a service that exceeds expectations and pamper you as a commitment.

Casa Velas it is the perfect adults-only retreat in the Mexican Pacific Riviera, where luxury and romanticism combine in perfect harmony. Like a private estate, Casa Velas offers Condé Nast and AAA award-winning service in a casually elegant and intimate boutique atmosphere in Puerto Vallarta.

Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive warm greetings from Casa Velas.

San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place is great, my girlfriend and I stayed here last week and we are already thinking of going back next year. Summer is technically the "Down" season in PV but in reality that means you will share this resort with only 3-4 other couples at a time. It makes it feel like you have the whole place to yourself, but there are enough other guests to keep it interesting. The rooms and food were top notch.The staff could not have been better. Angel, Freddie & Jorge (The shuttle driver) were fun to talk with and take care of everything like pros. One day we started off at the pool of the sister resort, and decided we wanted to get a round of golf in. We told the waiter at the beach club, who called Jorge and within 10 mins he got us back to our room to change, loaded our golf clubs and had us on the tee box of the 1rst whole. I was more than impressed by this turnaround with no set tee time. I can be a picky traveler, but this place does not have a flaw.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
casavelasmanagement, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Guest

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.

Casa Velas, a boutique adults-only hotel and ocean club located on the Marina Vallarta Golf Course where the jungle meets the sea and surrounds this beauteous property with tropical and exotic foliage has earn in overall with Velas Resorts, 26 AAA Diamonds, including the prestigious Five Diamond Award.

I appreciate your comments about myself and I will gladly pass all your beautiful comments to all the staff,

Dear Chris thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!