“Loved this Fabulous Hotel & Excellent service; Best Vacation Ever.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Studio City, california
“Loved this Fabulous Hotel & Excellent service; Best Vacation Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My spouse and I just returned from a great 7 day vacation stay at the fabulous Casa Velas Boutique Hotel. The hotel was beautifully landscaped - lush tropical gardens everywhere surrounded by a green golf course and upscale neighborhood. Our room was spacious, beautifully furnished and filled with many amenities such as flat screen TVs, Ipod/ Iphone docking stations, and the outdoor patio plunge pool. The bathrooms were huge and beautiful. The gym was huge and fully equiped. The staff was excellent- extremely attentive and friendly, especially the waiter staff (the Ricardos during the evening and the Renes during the day), the lobby bar tenders Benny and Freddy the pool bar tender, and the bell boy/ shuttle drivers. We spent half our lazy days lounging in the refreshing and beautiful hotel pool. We spent the rest of our time at the resort's wonderful private beach club, which also had a pool and also a private beach front. We loved the quiet. We also enjoyed meeting a number of very nice guests which was possible due to the intimate size of hotel and the smaller number of guests this time of year. Loved the free Wi-fi in the reception and adjacent out door terrace area, and in the beach club. And of course, every meal we had was delicious, and beautifully presented. We hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a Grand Class room - these have the private plunge pools.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Casa Velas, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Guest.

I am delighted to read your positives comments, thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host.

It is so important for us to know our guest’s opinions and realize that we, as a team, are accomplishing our most important mission, which is exceeding our guest’s expectations.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences at trip advisor; for us, all our guests are unique and each one of you are the most important one and our intention is to make you feel that way.
Casa Velas, a boutique adults-only hotel and ocean club located on the Marina Vallarta Golf Course where the jungle meets the sea and surrounds this beauteous property with tropical and exotic foliage has earn in overall with Velas Resorts, 26 AAA Diamonds, including the prestigious Five Diamond Award.
We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you as a commitment, all waiters, bar tenders and all Casa Velas staff send you a friendly HOLA!!

Thank you again for choosing us as your home away from home it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

ANGEL GARCIA V.
Chief Concierge
T: +52 (322) 226 6686
E: concierge@hotelcasavelas.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just returned from 8 days at Casa Velas. This was our second time there, and it had been 3 years since our last trip. I cant say enough about the service and facility. I had been planning this event to celebrate my 40th Birthday with some close friends (3 couples in total), and had reached out to CV for the arrangements. We were able to negotiate a great deal for each of us, that included a $300 credit towards the SPA or Golf, of which we did both.

Upon arrival it was great to see some familiar faces, such as Jorge, Fredy and Beny. And even nicer that each of our rooms had a bottle of champagne and some chocolate covered strawberries. This is in addition to the normal all inclusive items in the mini bar. After that each day was met with a day of tanning at the pool and just relaxing. We ate both at CV as well as at the sister resorts - Velas Vallarta and Grand Velas. As a group we at at the French Rest at the Grand Velas, while some of the group did a couples night at the Italian, both of which got rave reviews from the group.

And for the most special dinner, we were able to celebrate my Birthday at the Beach Club. The hotel General Manager had hear it was my birthday and set up a special dinner for just the 6 of us at the beach club. It was amazing. We had spoken to the head of the beach club, and he and the chefs put together a wonderful dinner menu. Truly an amazing way to end the week and celebrate my birthday.

In the end we all left knowing we had a vacation that may never be topped. Thanks to Casa Velas for making this such a special week!!

Here are some of the people we would like to give a shout out too, for making this so memorable. Jorge, Fredy, Richardo, Rene, Beny and the several others who's names I may be forgetting...thank you!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I was supposed to stay at another resort in the area but was told upon arrival that they were moving me to another resort due to the fact that had rented the entire resort out to a group. Needless to say, where they sent me was absolutely unacceptable. They refused to send me anywhere else except to another resort that was unacceptable as well. I found Casa Velas online in a desperate attempt to find somewhere else nice to stay. Luckily they had rooms available and took my reservation right away. I do not regret it! They were extremely nice and went out of their way to make me feel pampered. I was extremely self-conscious about traveling by myself and they went out of their way to make me feel welcome. What was also great for me is that when they say "all-inclusive", they really mean "all-inclusive". Most all-inclusive resorts do not include the food delivered by room service. Casa Velas does include it and they have no problem with providing it. If you want a bottle of wine, they send you a bottle of wine. No nickel and diming you there.

The rooms have a mini-fridge with sodas, juice, and beer and also a few snacks as well. I also used their spa services....wonderful. What was great for me as well was the fact that at the time, they had early-bird discounts on spa services (30% off) if you made an appointment between 9 and 10 am. Perfect for the budget-conscious traveler.

The grounds are gorgeous! They have peacocks on the property that will come right up to you...absolutely beautiful. You can sit by the pool or go to their beach club that has a pool...both places wait on you at your chair, bringing you all the drinks you want. You can also go to the restaurants at the sister resort at no extra cost.

All in all, Casa Velas turned my travel nightmare around and it could not have turned out better. Thank you Casa Velas for your hospitality!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a 'private pool'. Although it is not really private...it is a small, pr...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We stayed 7 nights at this fabulous hotel. The staff was awesome and the amenities were impeccable. Fredy the bartender at the pool will always be what I think of when I think about Casa Vela, he was wonderful and gracious he made us feel like we were at home. The property was well maintained, I have never seen such detail to landscape. I had a wonderful time and I have already started planning my return next year. Puerto Vallarta has not yet been pleagued by the corporate giants It still has that Mexican feel. Taking a taxi downtown to the bourdwalk or to Riviera Nayarit was very reasonable unlike Cancun or Cabo. Peso go along way and it is still there main source of currency. When you go to the States and Cities of Mexico in the Gulf region it still feels like your in the US with the Hard Rock Cafe and the Chilis and Mcdonalds on every corner. I don't know about everybody else but I can stay home for that. I want to see culture and eat diffent food. That is exactly what you get in Puerta Vallarta. It didn't feel like a tourist trap where everything was priced extremely high and you come back feeling like you spent a fortune to stay somewhere that was outside the US but the same as the US.

Room Tip: The room with the plunge pool are the only way to stay. Those days you are to hung over from the sho...
California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I recently traveled to Puerto Vallarta for a short getaway with our friends and we stayed at the Casa Velas Resort. We had an amazing experience! The resort is an absolutely beautiful tropical oasis, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the food at both restaurants was delicious! We enjoyed lounging by the pools and getting massages under the cabanas on the beach. The attentiveness and friendliness of the staff made our trip all the more enjoyable. Jorge greeted us as we arrived and shuttled us to and from the Beach Club; the bartenders, Beny & Freddy, kept the drinks flowing; and Ricardo and the wait staff at the both the restaurants delivered top quality service at every meal. We felt like royalty! We cannot wait to go back for another relaxing, romantic getaway! You won't be disappointed with your experience at Casa Velas!

Room Tip: If you can afford the Presidential Suite, get it! If not, at least ask to tour it if it is empty wh...
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at Casa Velas and the entire trip was exceptional. Our room was lovely, the grounds were beautiful and lush and the food was delicious. However, what really makes Casa Velas so special is the staff. From the moment we arrived until the moment we departed we were pampered. The staff could not have been more friendly and attentive nor could they have been more consistent in their high level of service. It was the perfect trip to escape from reality for a week and celebrate our anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground level grand suite plus with a plunge pool and loved it!
Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

If we had gone during a different week we probably would have given 5 stars. Casa Velas is everything you would want to indulge in pure bliss. The service was impeccable and genuine. The food gourmet. The hotel and grounds soothing and as relaxing as anywhere we have been. When we asked a for a ground floor room we were accommodated and when asked for particular dinner not on the menu it was prepared for us!
Unfortunately, this was a quiet week and maintenance to the beach club really was disappointing. Dinner was shut down, and there was a very, very limited menu during the day that was augmented by pounding of tools. I wish I knew this before we booked because we would have changed our vacation to another time. Our only other complaint was that surprisingly the jacuzzi/steam and showers in the spa are not part of the all inclusive. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to completed relax, be pampered and gain 10 pounds from the wonderful food and drink!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear Guest.

I really want to thank you for taking the time of sharing your comments at Trip Advisor and for giving us the opportunity of being your host in your holidays.

We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff.

As you know we are remodeling part of the beach club facilities and I want to deeply apologize for any inconvenience it might caused to you, we are always looking forward to enhance our services and provide unforgettable experiences to our guests, now we are so proud to announce and invite you to check on all the surprises we are preparing for all our guests at the beach club, like the Chef’s tasting menu which consist on a delicious blend of aroma and flavors that create succulent gourmet dishes that will delight your palate with fresh admixtures uprooted from the gorgeous botanic garden and all of this girded by the beauteous sunset of Banderas Bay with big and filled of tropical foliage mountains and an indefinable hospitality experience.

At Casa Velas we are always willing to welcome and pamper our guests as a commitment.

Thank you again for expressing your opinion and it will be my pleasure to welcome you in your next visit here at your home away from home.

Receive a warm greeting from Casa Velas.

PIERRE YVES BONIN
Director General | Managing Director
T: +52 (322) 226 6686
E: gerencia@hotelcasavelas.com

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!