“A very special and exclusive hideaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Velas

Save Saved
You added Casa Velas to your Saves list
Casa Velas
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pelicanos 311, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 48354, Mexico (Formerly the Regent hotel and Quinta Real)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #5 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Salisbury, UK
“A very special and exclusive hideaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had a lovely week at Casa Velas. The reviews here say it all .. it really is very special place - and its also amazingly good value.

Above all I valued the peace and quiet. Casa Velas is a serene, calm and understated hotel with the emphasis on wonderful food and exemplary service. There's no sun bed bagging, no shouting children or rowdiness. The buildings and grounds are beautiful - tucked away from the road and the other large beach side hotels. The other guests were delightful - friendly, smiley and happy.

We adored the Beach Club - and we particularly enjoyed the service provided by Rangel - who was probably the best I have ever come across.

My only gripe with Casa Velas is with the end of meal 'bill ceremony'. We were assured that Casa Velas was all inclusive when we booked. I double checked with Eden, the booking consultant, and he confirmed by email that service was 100% included. So why, after every meal, do they ask you sign the bill with service clearly excluded? I felt bad every time and it took the shine off mealtime to be honest.

861 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

this is our third time at casa velas and it is getting better and better each time.it is nice to see the same faces again that recognize you at your arrival.

a big thanks to jesus who went out of his ways to help us with a little accident that happened,one of the best concierge in the business.he arranged a great romantic dinner at the beach club,thanks again.

like every year,we ate several times at emiliano restaurant,great chef with superb presentation.we went to piaf one time but do prefer casa velas.

we had a few massages on the beach,thats what i call relaxation,alma is my favorite....

thanks to stefano who recommanded us the best excursions ..

we went whales watching with vallarta adventure,it was unbelievable.

this time our friends bought a membership like us,i would say casa velas is the most professional place that i know where they have and use a very different approach with their marketing,there was obsutly no pressure at all in any time,keep doing the same thing thats what differed you from the rest.....thank you stefano

i love casa velas and i would recommand it to any couples who want to relax and enjoy a high quality service.

take a chance you wont be deceive...

sitting around the pool one day i listened to the couple next to me complaining about a few things,please enjoy your vacation .....its too bad to see some people like that,well i dont have to explain more you got the picture....

thanks to everybody who contributed to make casa velas my favorite hotel....

see you next year benny,salud

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

We and another couple just returned from a week in food and beverage heaven at our home @ CasaVelas. Back in snowy Chicago, we are just amazed that our wristbands no longer allow for respectfully delightful services, from the Front door staff, Jorge, Carlos etal to the beautiful smiles behind the front desk. The attention to detail at our meals created an outrageous elegance both in flavors and presentation along with a sincerity of service that constantly made us feel special at every event. Beny the bartender is a master mixologist and just a charming entertaining fellow THE BEACH CLUB staff is "Johny on the spot" attentive from towel to water in iced champagne buckets to creative drinks, snacks and even poolside dinners accompanied by outrageous sunsets. Rangel (our new best friend) and his team could not have been nicer or more pleasant during every interaction. Spa services place you in a unique floating space that relaxes both the spirit and the body.We are already talking about when to return to PV and our home there. Our stay was only marred by the Internet room fees and some unusual days of rain that caused us to towel wrap and nap while lulled by those annoying Pacific surf sounds. A special place with a level of personal services that nurtures the soul but expands the waistline. Alan/Susan Olken, Highland Park, Il USA

Room Tip: The entire resort is suite driven, we stayed in a 2 story villa with plunge pool. It is not kid frie...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Naperville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Returned to Casa Velas for a second time in three years. It is still amazing but remember it is still Mexico. Some times it seemed the staff was on a bit of a work slow down and other times they were very attentive. It was hard to predict when they worked slow or seemed too busy setting tables etc. to assist with guests and tipping didn't seem to make a difference. Even though they say it is all-inclusive, they also tell you 80% of guests tip, so we tipped. Many times we had to go up to the bar to ask for a drink or lunch menu and I don't remember that from 3 years ago. Other people also complained about very slow service in the restaurants too. It seemed to be hit or miss. I think the service was better 3 years ago.

The grounds are stunning and the staff very friendly. The food was also well prepared with a lot of variety. A water main broke when they were there which left no water for showers before dinner one night but was fixed in a timely fashion. The over head lights in our room were burned out when we arrived. They were changed with the high efficient light bulbs which usually last for years but they burned out before our week was up so, sounds like the place is in need of a big major mechanical over hall.

Also, at check in they said we had not paid our all-inclusive fees in advance, which we had. They were looking for us to pay again but I said no and showed them my confirmation number from their corporate office. They were very polite about it but were unable to resolve the issue since their corp. offices were closed on the weekend and also Monday which was a national holiday. I finally went on line and got my credit card statement which proved I had paid 1 month in advance. This should not have been an issue at all and added some unwanted stress to our vacation.

All in all, it was a lovely stay and we will probably return since it is so beautiful, a great location and friendly staff with great drinks and food. I don't think you will be disappointed if you go, just remember it is in a foreign country and they do things differently there. Also, stay away from the time-share reps. - Stefano, Tammy and Dean. They really know how to ruin a great vacation stay.

Room Tip: Loved the first floor with warm private splash pool and outside table and chairs but noise from gues...
Wellsville, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I just have to say that I don’t usually try to book a hotel this nice, nor do I routinely write reviews of hotels on websites. Casa Velas totally ruined me on both counts.
I cannot leave this hotel unrecognized for their phenomenal property, outstanding service, and the atmosphere they have created for their guests. Upon our arrival we were greeted at the door, seated in the lobby, and suddenly it seemed the whole world revolved around us. A cool drink, towel, and check-in documents were brought to us by charming Lluvia. Our flight was early, and our room wasn’t “ready”. We were given a tour of the grounds and then sat at the pool where we ordered an appetizer and relaxed. The service of the pool bar and restaurant staff was impressive, from that very moment on.
The grounds were beautiful, serene, and perfectly manicured. The hotel was wonderfully maintained and furnished, as well as spotless.
When our room was ready, we were escorted by Jorge to our room, which looked different than I expected. Not wrong, but I thought from photos I’d seen, that the layout was different. Jorge got on the radio, and with Lluvia’s help, he showed us three different rooms, on three different floors, and said we could choose the one we liked. WOW. We of course chose the one they had picked for us. The room was beautiful, cleaned well every day, plus a turn down service with a note.
We chose the European (breakfast inclusive) package, mostly because we don’t drink alcohol and it was harder to justify the cost. However, we did eat lunch almost every day at the pool or beach club, and dinner once at Emeliano’s, and it was excellent.
We were given wristbands, like many all-inclusive properties, but these were hand-made braided bracelets, with a little silver charm. Our wrist bands were more like “friendship bracelets” both literally and figuratively. We grew close to many on the staff over our six night stay. They made us feel like friends, and greeted us by name, as we did them. Their service, friendliness, and caring was truly exceptional. For instance, when I could not find a certain leather item I was shopping for, I spoke to Jesus the concierge, and he thought one of his staff knew where I could find it. Pablo took us, after work, to Pitillal, to a saddle shop, where we had the talabarteria custom make the item for me. Pablo then insisted to drive us to our dinner reservation that night. Two days later, he returned to the shop, picked the item up, and delivered it to me at the hotel!
To those I haven’t mentioned, Carlos, Cruz, Mary at the gate, etc., we will see you again, soon. Thank you for a beautiful week.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
casavelasmanagement, General Manager at Casa Velas, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

With great pride I read your comments and would like to thank you for them. It is very pleasing to know that we did a good job and that we, as a team accomplished our main priority witch is offering the most relaxing and comfortable vacation experience for our guests.

Recognition is crucial for striving perfection and I would like to bring up that reviews like yours, gives us the certainty that we are heading on the right direction. Rest sure that I will personally thank the staff for a well done job and make them know that a significant part of Casa Velas success belongs to their daily effort of performing a professional and personalized service.

I will also congratulate our Executive chef and his amazing team that always have a wonderful service attitude and present their creativity and talent to offer high quality products in all the restaurants and food services of the property.

Once again thank you for taking the time of sharing your travel experience in this forum. Hopefully we will have the honor of hosting your first anniversary and continue with the Spanish lessons here at your home away from home.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My finance and I recently stayed at Casa Velas for 6 amazing days. We came into the trip with lofty expectations and these were exceeded at every turn. Overall, the service, accommodations, amenities and beauty of the Casa Velas resort are worth every penny to the couple looking for a romantic getaway.

We got the VIP shuttle service from the airport to the resort for an extra $15 per person roundtrip. We had been informed who to look for and the service was fast and well worth it. Just not having the stress of finding a reliable cab driver at the airport put our mind at ease and started the vacation off on the right foot. We were offered water for the drive and the driver was friendly. Once arriving at the resort, we received the famous hibiscus tea which was quite refreshing along with a cool towel. Check-in was a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We were treated to a highlight tour as we were guided to our room where our bags awaited us.

One caution here for those not familiar with the 'all-inclusive' jargon. "European plan" means you are staying at an all-inclusive resort OFF the all-inclusive plan. We luckily recognized this before we left and switch our reservation through Expedia. I can only imagine how much this change would have cost on site. We are very happy we did as the all-inclusive was so very freeing.

Our room was a gorgeous Grand Class suite on the first floor. We had the version with a jacuzzi in the bathroom, not outside or the immersion pool. This was perfect for us. The bed was comfortable, the room was immaculately kept and the accommodations were very spacious. Other highlights were the in room safe, bathrobe and slippers, and very nice bathroom amenities.

The pool at Casa Velas is beautifully set among the koi ponds and palm trees. With multiple levels in the pool, a swim up bar and plenty of lounge chairs (as well as covered cabanas), we thoroughly enjoyed the pool at Casa Velas. That is, until we found the beach club! The beach club is a couple hundred yards down from Velas Vallarta. It is incredibly scenic, with a beautiful infinity pool, again plenty of seating, great service and great views of the beachfront. We couldn't seem to get sick of lounging by the pool listening to the waves crash! Service was amazing and we had several lunches there that were delicious. They also serve dinner. Also to note, while the Casa Velas pool did not have free wifi, the beach club did.

Emilianos provided us with many very good meals. Breakfast was always fantastic with both healthy options (Home made granola, fresh juice and smoothie mixes and fruit) and not so healthy options (Chilaquiles, french toast and omelets). Dinner was occasionally a less rewarding experience but still worthwhile, especially when you figure out what their sweet spot is. I cannot recommend the beef filet but their seafood dishes were excellent. The flambe cart was also great (when it was available) though there is a nominal up charge. Also we were pleased with the bar offerings and don’t hesitate to ask if you are looking for something in particular like port wine or a specific after dinner liquor.

Finally, a word about the service. Overall it was phenomenal. The concierges were always tremendously helpful. The pool staff was prompt, courteous and always had a kind word. Several staff members made an effort to address us by name which was a great touch. It cannot be overstated how much the staff contributed to feeling pampered at Casa Velas. They make the trip all that much more enjoyable. Note that you must ‘sign a check,’ even though it’s all-inclusive. This is to prompt you for the ‘extra tip.’ In our experience, it was well worth being prompted and, at the end of our stay, we felt the tips were well warranted and overall, a good deal.

As two people who are inexperienced in all-inclusive resorts, Casa Velas was a delightful experience. We came in with sky high expectations and they were all surpassed without exception. We loved Casa Velas and would not hesitate to return. It doesn’t hurt that we got engaged on the beach there so we have all the excuse we ever need to come back!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I just want to thank you for the wonderful review that you dedicated to Casa Velas. It was our pleasure to have you here and would love to host you again on your next trip.

And remember that in your home away from home one of our main goals is to pamper you and spoil you to the point that you feel that you don’t want to leave anymore.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from our first stay at Casa Velas, our new home resort. We have been owners at Velas Vallarta since 2006 and 2 years ago took up their offer to switch over to Casa Velas. Best decision we could have made. The personal service, attention to detail, quiet and relaxing atmosphere of this much smaller Boutique Hotel is far superior to it's sister resort. Plus you still have the option of all Velas has to offer if you wish. Much has been said in other reviews so I won't repeat all Casa Velas has to offer, other than to say it's all true. From the time you step out of the shuttle and are greeted at the lobby door, be prepared to feel that your being there matters. Casa Velas management can be proud of their staff, for they are the ones who make your stay truly unique. If you're looking at staying here, do yourself a favour and make the choice. You won't be disappointed.

Travel Tip. Casa Velas provides free shuttle transportation from and to the airport. Contact the concierge at concierge@hotelcasavelas.com and provide them with your arrival information. They will arrange transportation to the resort through VIP Services and provide you with instructions on what to do once you exit customs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest:
As General Manager of Casa Velas Hotel Boutique I really want to thank you for taking the time of sharing your comments at Trip Advisor and for giving us the opportunity of being your host in your holidays.
Thanks to this kind of comments we are now known as the best place for couples retreats in Puerto Vallarta.
We hope to see you soon in your home away from home in a near feature so you can enjoy gorgeous sunsets at the Beach Club, I’m sure the concierge team l will be delighted to arrange your transportation again.

Once again thank you for sharing your memories and experiences, we look forward to your next visit to exceed your expectations.

”YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Been to Casa Velas? Share your experiences!