“AMAZING!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Dallas, Texas
“AMAZING!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel to families with young or even old children! The rooms had very cold air conditioning which was very much enjoyed after a few hours on the beach or in the pool. I read some reviews and saw that many people didn't like the beds because they were too hard. I disagree!

The food at the buffet and the snack bar wasn't the best but wasn't bad either. You should book some of the restaurants (FUJIYAMA!!!) but the line was busy so we had to use our other room's phone. I also think you should start booking at 9:00 a.m. because the spots fill up quickly. Room service was nice and is 24/7! Our plane to PV was delayed about 5 hours so when we got there is was about 12-1 a.m. We were all hungry so we ordered room service and they came within 5-10 minutes.

The beach and the pool were a lot of fun and my daughters and I bought some beautiful dresses and bracelets from the beach vendors. If you don't want anything though just say no thank you and they will pass. The city tour is fun but it wasn't what we expected. We ended up in a small tequila factory!

Remember to come to club nitro and see the shows! All in all, I really enjoyed this hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Round Rock, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

We were traveling with a 2 year old, so we focused heavily on places that would be kid and family friendly. Crown Paradise Club definitely fit the bill. The hotel and water slides cater heavily to families. The water park was great for our 2 year old, he could not get enough of it. Had to watch out for some of the older kids around him, but that is to be expected with the wide age range of the various kids staying there.

The hotel is a short cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, so the location is great for both shopping and nightlife.

The basic cafeteria food at the main dinning area was not that great. Breakfast was good, but lunch and dinner left much to be desired. However, you can avoid this because they have restaurants that you need to make reservations in order to go to. Be sure to make reservations to get decent food for dinner.

The staff was very nice and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant, specially at the restaurants, they were friendly and helpful. Same with the cleaning crew.

The only complaint was the beds, but this was a major drawback. They were rock hard and it was difficult to get any sleep. We stayed 5 days and by the 5th day, we were more than ready to leave. Because of this, we would not recommend this hotel. If they could fix this one area, I would recommend this hotel for any family traveling with small children. A shame that the beds ruined this resort for us.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cedar Park, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

While the location was good, the people on this beach were worse than any other place I've been to in Mexico. The seagulls were so bad people turned away for less than a few seconds and there food was gone. In fact one afternoon a little girl was sitting there while her Mom walked up to get a drink and the seagull swooped down and took her hot dog. Our kids had a good time, because the pirate ship pool was a good place for the kids. My wife and I however thought the place was horrible. The food was awful at best and the staff nearly every night was equally as bad. We would never go back and strongly recommend to anyone looking to visit Puerto Vallarta to go anywhere other than this location.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

This resort was more than we could have asked for. We enjoyed the ammenities and the free choice dining. We had 2 young kids that enjoyed the pools, beach and the beachside cafe' (hot dogs and pizza!). The nightclub entertainment was fun and we went most nights. We liked the close proximity to grocery stores, PV Walmart and bus stops. I would recommend this resort to friends with kids (but not singles looking for a quiet get-away).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Norman, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

My husband and I chose this hotel (all inclusive resort) because it was recommended by another family that we know. It was inexpensive, and that should have been a HUGE WARNING!! You get what you pay for...

The dining was passable at best, and rancid at worst. The bar, which did have lots of different easy to become and stay intoxicated (on little Dixie cup sized drinks). But, when you ask for a diet drink, you had better be careful. As a diabetic, I depend on the honesty of those serving me. After a diet coke raised my blood sugar 400 mg/dl, (I was informed that they taste different in Mexico), I learned that I couldn't trust any of the information.

The excursion activities were forced into sub standard groups that had familial affiliations with certain staff members. It was offensive, and the activity vendors were not representative of anything I would want to associate with Puerto Vallarta.

As if my griping weren't enough, then perhaps the bed bug bites that I now realize my entire family has will discourage your stay. I was informed again and again by the physician I paid (referred from the hotel), that these were merely mosquito bites and that in Mexico, mosquito bites don't itch, but hurt.

This was an experience that was not only unenjoyable, I hope we survive it!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

We chose Crown Paradise PV because of the family-orientation and kid's pool/activities. We were not disappointed. Even when dining with our three year old in the "reservation only" restaraunts, it was all part of the flow. The kid's pool area is just amazing, and we enjoyed swimming with our little one there. The roped off swimming area on the beach was nice - no strong undertow, fun for the family to play in. We were there the first week of June, and yes, most of the other guests spoke Spanish, but hey, you're in Mexico -- what do you expect? Mexican citizens like to vacation too!!! We enjoyed it all. The beach vendors can be distracting because there are SO many of them, you're constantly saying "No...." - so stay by the pools a bit more, there's several to choose from. The food was just fine, good variety, fresh fruits and veggies...HIGHLY recommend the Japanese restaraunt. The rooms and grounds were kept clean. Some of the staff were incredibly friendly, some not so much. Be nice first, it goes a long way, these folks have to deal with the other obnoxious demanding tourists as well. Tons of activities to choose from, easy cab rides to the plaza area. We put this on our "go back to" list!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

I was here in Feb 2009 with my brother and we had a great time ...lots of people to talk to. This trip I think we were the only people that spoke english except for some of the staff. I know it is highly recommended for families but kids were everywhere...they took over ALL the pools! The beach Vendors were relentless...probably because the Resort isn't that big. We tried to go to a pool but they were overrun with kids!!!
The food at the 2 restaurants were fabulous..Italian and French. The booking procedure is much better than before when you had to line up at 8AM. Now you just have to phone between 9AM and 2PM. If the phone is busy you just press 6 and hang up and they will get right back to you!! The rooms are always great..very clean and big! I always sleep really good down there...the beds are so comfy! The shows at "NITRO" were always great!
So what I am saying is that I do love the Resort but not at this time of the year!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
mpgiesemann, Marketing Office at Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, June 9, 2010
Dear Customer,
Greetings, thanks for choosing Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta It was a pleasure to have you with us,
Thanks for taking time to value and rate our product and services,
We hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you happen to visit Puerto Vallarta in the future.

With best regards,
Marc Giesemann

Been to Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!