We stayed next door at the Golden Crown Paradise (adults only section of the Crown Property) the week of Thanksgiving 2009. When you stay at the GCP you can also enjoy the restaurants, bars, pools and facilities at the Crown Club Hotel. The Crown Club was priced $200 less per person than what we paid at the GCP (see review) and we asked to see a room next door if we wanted an even more budget friendly trip another time. We saw a standard room (bed/bath) that was actually much brighter than ours, with a view of the pool on the north or marina side of the property.
Restaurants: The Crown Club hotel has a main buffet (La Palapa) for breakfast, lunch and dinner; snack bar for lunch and 3 ala carte restaurants for dinner.
La Piazza (Italian): A variety of pastas and sauces, chicken and beef entrees; very popular at every seating with families.
Fujiyami (Japanese): Excellent sushi and a small Japanese menu.
Sans Soucis (French/adults-only): Nice atmosphere and food presentation, no small children, and the hotel does offer child care early evening if you want to go to dinner alone; too bad you have to go early.
Pools: For families traveling with small children this is a great hotel, huge kids club, fantastic "Disney Theme" water park w/castle, pirate ship, water slides, etc.; another free form pool on the opposite side of the property and an adults-only quiet pool close to the beach.
Beach: Huge sandy beach not rocky at all, not enough chairs and loungers at the pools or beach compared to the GCP.
This is a great hotel for families with small children. No kids and on a budget? The French restaurant is excellent, and the adults quiet pool is a good escape from the kids. IMO for a 'family-friendly' hotel they could have a better choice of restaurants for people traveling with families; not many kids eat sushi and the French restaurant was adults only, but there was always plenty to pick from at the buffet if reservations weren't available at the Italian restaurant. The indoor air conditioned bar here was much nicer than the outside lobby bar at the GCP after 10pm, families w/kids earlier in the night.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro
- Crown Paradise Club
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTThe ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.