Just got back from a three day stay with my 13 yr old daughter and my girlfriend and her 13 yr old daughter (my daughter's best friend). We booked this hotel with a package and I had read the TripAdvisor reviews to help me pick this hotel. The reviews varied widely, so I didn't know what to expect.
We loved it!!
Our two 13 yr olds had a great time. Suprisingly they really enjoyed playing in the kids pool. We noticed many bigger kids and their parents in the water there, seemingly having a great time.
The food: We found great fresh choices at the breakfast and lunch buffet every day. I suspect if we were there a week it would get old, but we're all good with fresh fruits and veggies and made to order omelettes and fresh smoothies for breakfast and fresh salads and fish, etc. for lunch. I was impressed by the quality and freshness of the fish for lunch. Ieven liked many of their hot mexican dishes for lunch. Puerto Vallarta has one of the best dining scenes of all the Mexican "resorts" I've been to (better than Cancun, Cabo, Acapulco, etc.) We ate at the hotel for dinner one night but ate out the other two (even though we bought the all inclusive). We wished we had more nights to eat out. The food was fabulous. Two recommendations: Barcelona Tapas (great view, excellent and reasonbly priced wine list) and Mariscos Polo (incredible fish, very local feeling) It would be tragic if you came to Puerto Vallarta and didn't eat ice cream (Bing's) and walk the Malecon downtown in the evening!
Rooms, staff, grounds etc. were great.
The only downside was the hard beds. The day we left someone said you could ask the front desk for a foam pad if the hard beds bothered you. I'd have done it! If they don't have foam pads, I'd walk across the street to WalMart and just buy one next time. How much could it cost??
I felt like the whole experience was great. I think more people should remember that 3 star is 3 star, not 5 star. It exceeded our expectations for a 3 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTThe ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro