“Pretty decent resort” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av de las Garzas 1, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Ranked #71 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“Pretty decent resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The resort was pretty good. The food was average but you had a very wide variety of choices. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and tried everything to make the kids happy.

The resort staff during the day were friendly and always tried getting people to play games and have fun. The daycare was ok, ladies were friendly but they don't have a pager system even though their site says it does. The pool for the kids is dangerous, STAY AWAY!!!

Rooms were really good ever had any issues with anything. Cleaning staff always did a great job, maybe it was because of the stuff we left them.

Stayed April 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family of 3 (2 adults and an 8 year old boy) traveled to Crown Paradise in late March 2015. We had an AWESOME time! I was hesitant after reading reviews for several months before we left and I was pleasantly surprised!!!

Room: We stayed in a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor--our room overlooked the leisure pool and you entered our room facing the adult pool. This was an EXCELLENT location! We were 30 feet from the beach and the room was easily accessible during the day (no going up flights of stairs, etc). The room itself was average. The beds were my main complaint, they are hard! The mini fridge was stocked daily with items that were missing from the previous day--I knew ahead of time to take all the beer and water out, so they would replenished daily. The bathroom was an awkward layout, but worked fine. It was nice having the outside balcony to dry clothes on and keep the beach toys. The safe worked fine too! In all we only slept in the room, so it suited my family just fine!

The check in/out process was easy and took no time.

Beach: The beach was great-grab a spot early in the day. My son played under the palm umbrella for hours while my husband I kicked back and relaxed with drinks in hand. The server does walk around the beach area, but not as fast I drink the margaritas, so we would go to the bar to replenish. You may order multiple drinks at once! The beach bar is a 50 foot walk at the most. Yes, their are vendors on the beach. Be kind to them and they will do the same back. I said No, Thank you" lots and they were never rude!

Activity Pool and Waterpark-My 8 year old LOVED the waterpark and pool! The waterpark is a bit deeper than most children's play areas (it reached his chest), but it was not a problem. Everyday we were at the waterpark it was monitored by an employee. I would get drinks from the bar and sit on the ledge of the waterapark! It was great! Do beware--the blue pool paint will come off on swimsuits, so put down a towel when sitting! My son played in the waterpark for 7 days and never got bored! The activity pool was awesome! I would pull a chair and table into the shallow area-put my feet in the water when I got hot and I had a perfect view of the ocean! We spent HOURS everyday in the pool and loved it! The waitress brought around drinks and knew our order by mid-week and would bring extras! She was awesome!!!!

Restaurants-We ate at the buffet each morning and lunch. No complaints! The food was different, but we are not picky eaters, so we did not have a problem! We also ate at the Japanese, Italian and French restaurants. Our son was welcome in all 3 and we did dress nicer on these evenings. The service in the specialty restaurants was great! The food at the Italian was the best in our opinion! Just call a day ahead for reservations--we did eat late (about 8:30) so that helped with making reservations. The taco shack and beach snack shack were also great! We gained lots of weight on this trip!

Shows: We went to the Mexican, and the beach Earth show. We were entertained! A list of the shows is on the videoboard at the top of steps leading into the lobby (coming from the pool areas)--it is on the left hand side and the schedule rolls through along with other info. This was a complaint that I saw--shows not being listed--but they are!

The resort is mostly families from Mexico and Canada and we enjoyed talking to couples and getting to know them! There was NOT the spring break craziness that lots of resorts had!

Staff-ALL of the staff was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! We were impressed by how hard working and polite all the staff was. After a few days the staff recognized us and would go out of their way to say hello

Another tip--the grocery store is just a few blocks away and has everything--it is much like a Wal-Mart Super Center. Easy to walk to.

We had an AWESOME trip!!!!!!!!!!! We will be going back and I have recommend this resort to other families.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for 2 weeks with our 3 children. It's is a great family resort. The staff are amazing if you get to know them. The kids water park is great for all ages. Shallow sections with little water slides for little ones and a deeper area with cool water slides for the older kids. There are 2 other deeper pools also.

Activities took place daily. There was always something to do if you were interested. Our 5 year old took part in the on site zip line. We have never seen another resort with this. My only complaint was that they spoke very little English so it was hard to take part in the daily trivia or other activities. I must mention we were there when the resort was frequented by mostly Mexican families. Had I requested they speak more English I am sure they would have.

The beach is great. We swam in the ocean often. The waves were never too big even though they had the red flags out. Our 2 year old twins went out in the ocean with us. Vendors come by often but a simple no thank you was all it took and they would carry on.

The a la carte restaurants were yummy. The resort recently changed their menus. There are lots of options to choose from. We would alternate from the buffet to the a la cartes to ensure we did not get tired of the food. The staff in the restaurants and buffet were great. Geovanny at the buffet has been our family favourite for the last 2 years. He speaks good English and is great with our kids.

The bar drinks were plentiful. So much to choose from. Just ask the bar tenders for something different. Look for Jose or Carlos. They were fabulous! They too speak good English and are genuinely great people. The beach side grill was good for a quick lunch. It had salad, burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, fries and ice cream. Hector is usually there cooking the burgers. He has a great sense of humour.

The rooms are about a 2-3 star. Nothing fancy which suits is fine considering we are travelling with children. There are more positives than negatives about this place. Make the best of it and enjoy!

Stayed April 2015
Strathmore, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I went with our 8 year old son. We arrived on his birthday and the resort decorated the room and then that night came with a cake for him, what a great start.
We had read reviews before going and some where not so great so we were wondering how it might be. Wow we were surprised. Yes the rooms were not 5 star, but if you were like us we were not in the long. We had a family room, so a king bed ( we found it comfy. Had great night sleeps. Hubby asked for a softer pillow after first night and it was delivered) there was a bunk bed for our son ( top squeaked, but we moved him to the bottom and all was good.) our room have a nice big bathroom area that all 3 of us could be in at one time. Shower could have a bit more pressure. We have a table and chairs. My only wish for this room is that they had a few family rooms that had pool or ocean views,not just street. But an upside was that it was quite when we went to sleep.
Food, we loved the buffet. Staff was great always helping out with what ever needed. Drinks were never empty long before someone came to ask if needed more. Loved the kids area that had great kid food, our son also loved to enjoy and try new items from the rest. Food was always full or being filled, hot and good. Loved the variety of food and desserts. Al a carte resturants were wonderful, we did the French on Mother's Day and it was great. Then tried the Japanese, I am not a fan to begin with but it was so good we all wanted to go back again, so we did. Italian was good as well, we just lived the other two more. On our last night we did the French once more. Only wish you could book it more in advance not just that day. As some of the days we were not able to book as we were out before it opened.
Bars were great, always friendly.
Pools were great. We tried everyone, but lived in the infinity pool most of the time. I loved that I could sit anywhere at it and see the ocean.
Over all cleanliness was good, always people out cleaning. Said to my husband one day 2 that it could use a freshening up of paint and sure enough on day 8 they started painting, what we say before we left change it and made it look better. Maid was great and what's did a great job, a few times even left us extra towels!
The program staff was wonderful! Pamela, Javi and Giovana were great. After they knew our name, they never forgot. Great activities and fun games. We will miss you, but will see you soon.
Yes no free wifi, but that was a bonus for us. Yes might be nice to have it in the lobby, but we enjoyed not having it so we could spend time as a family and enjoy our holiday. We did have to purchase Internet and then had issues with it not working right as they had a power clutch. When I went to the front desk and told them I only got to us it for a couple hours at most they gave me a new card for a day at no charge.
Wish the jacuzzi would allow kids at certain times as our son loves to got a relax in it.
We will definitely be back to enjoy this resort again. Hope if you decide to go, you enjoy your stay.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food was average.
These places attract a certain clientele. I will never go less than 5 star again.
The towel battles were ridiculous, the staff did nothing to dissuade people from putting towels at the cabanas at 2 am. Almost laughable.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this all-inclusive resort for a week with my 2 year old. It was amazing!!! The hotel is only a few minutes from the airport by cab, and is in a very convenient location. There's a grocery store right down the road, and Walmart and a mall are also nearby, just in case you forget anything!

The hotel itself is quite nice, and they are constantly doing improvements to better it. If you're looking for 4 or 5 star, you're looking at the wrong place. However, if you're looking for a clean, comfortable room, with a laid-back environment, you're in the right place! The room was really nice - 2 double beds, a desk/dresser with drawers, table and chairs, tv, a bright and clean bathroom, a mini fridge (that was stocked every day with 3 water, 2 beer, and 2 pop) and a balcony to relax on. We had a view overlooking the pool. There are a lot of activities going on at night, so it can be a little noisy when outside, but once the door was shut, we heard nothing.

There are a lot of activities to do throughout the day. As my child is only 2, we mainly just explored, but there is always something happening. We loved the kid's pool, complete with a castle, pirate ship, fountains, and more! A great way to cool down. There are 2 other deeper pools as well...and an adults only hot tub too!

The food was so good!! There are 3 restaurants (French, Italian, and Japanese) and the buffet. We mainly ate at the buffet, and never got tired of it. There is a large variety of dishes available every day, and cooked-to-order items as well, plus a huge salad and fruit bar. We also went to the French and Italian restaurants and had wonderful meals there. They are places with snacks throughout the day as well, should you need something in between meals. And the beach bar is great for drinks!

The hotel staff are incredible. We were greeted by the lovely Maricruz, who immediately made us feel at home, and who always had a smile and kind words whenever we saw her. Everyone that we interacted with throughout the day were so friendly and helpful. The staff work all day to keep the place spotless. They work long and hard, and their efforts were noted and appreciated. A big shout-out to Jose, who waited on us many nights at the buffet. My daughter just loved him, and he was so kind...our room was filled with many colourful balloon apples thanks to him :) She still talks about him!

Overall, this is a great spot for a family vacation, and I would definitely go back!

Vancouver |Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were in Puerto Vallarta for a family vacation and chose this hotel primarily for its appeal to children. The infinity pool was wonderful as was the pirate themed waterpark. The food was great and there was plenty of variety. Try as we might we could not have tried everything. Drinks service at the buffet restaurant was so so but as long as you are not drinking alcohol you can help yourself. The food at the specialty restaurants (Italian, French and Japanese) was beautifully presented and the Italian cheesecake and gelato are highly recommended!! The hotel is clean and the grounds are beautiful, although guests are asked not to walk on the grass. My only concern with our room (a one bedroom suite) was insufficient lighting, The bathroom lighting was quite dark and the bedroom lamps were not suitable for reading. The king size bed was quite hard. When you sat down there was no bounce to it!!! Special thanks for David Alejandro who tended bar for us. Also, a special boo to the over-eager security guard who kicked us out of the snack bar area because we were not wearing bracelets. We had just checked out and had an hour before airport pickup and the check-in staff had told us it would be alright for us to feed the children. Fyi the hotel does NOT have free wifi, not even in the lobby. Wifi is 81 pesos per day. A previous review mentioned there is free wifi at the Starbucks across the street. The Starbucks is NOT across the street but three blocks away in the Peninsula shopping plaza, which also has free wifi. I took the lack of wifi as an opportunity to relax and disconnect from the world, but if you really need it, be prepared to pay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!