A short trip from the airport, nestled next to where the cruise ships dock, which is cool for the kids to see so close and they are so big. Traveled with wife and 3 kids 5,6 and 7 for 10 days.
Room looked out on the street that is traveled to reach the lobby. You have to remember that this isn't like being in a resort area, you're in town. Buffet got very repetitive, food very average.
The room was average also, perhaps on the small side. Kids had their beds in their own little area with TV. Beach wasn't bad and you can walk quite a ways. We have been to many places throughout Mexico and Dominican Republic, but I have never been to a resort where their are as many vendors as this place. There is a rope to perhaps keep them away, but they cross over anyway. I don't usually have a problem with the vendors but this was ridiculous. I was approached in 1 day by as many that would normally total a week's worth elsewhere.
We did take the public bus into downtown PV to walk the Malecon, and to get dinner, that was fun and easy to do.
Also, something that I would recommend, I rented a boat off the beach for 4 hours and cruised
the shore, he took us snorkeling down by Los Arcos, we got up close and personal with the humpback whales, some of the calves were jumping out of the water(breaching) and we were trolling for fish most of the time. We took some of the tuna we caught to the Japanese restaurant and they prepared a few different dishes for us, it was great! Also, when we returned to marina, there was a small restaurant outside the fence that we stopped in and they prepared a tuna ceviche with sides for a small fee.
Our kids enjoyed the water park but it could get very crowded.
In summary, it was OK but I wouldn't rush to go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A MODERN FAMILY-FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENTThe ambiance here at the Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta, All Inclusive Resort is one of casual family fun. Our oceanfront resort was designed with myriad places to have fun and relax with an aquapark with 9 slides a pirate ship and a castle, big jacuzzi with swim up bar for adults, 3 a la carte restaurants and more... All the fun for big and small! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Crown Paradise Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa De Oro